Some good news on the food front.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Some good news on food prices and availability. This news might anger some folks....but it is what it is.

Bloomberg writer Aine Quinn reported today that, “Global food prices fell the most since 2008 after concerns over supplies of grains and vegetable oils eased as Ukraine moved toward restarting exports.
“A United Nations index of world food costs plunged almost 9% in July. The index fell to the lowest since January, before Russia’s blockade of ports in Ukraine — a major food exporter — pushed up food costs to a record.

and this...

Financial Times writers Laura Pitel and Felicia Schwartz reported yesterday that, “The first grain ship to set sail from Ukraine in months was cleared to embark on the final leg of its journey after passing an inspection by a team of international monitors in Turkish waters.

“The Sierra Leone-flagged Razoni, carrying 26,000 tonnes of Ukrainian corn, left the northern entrance of Turkey’s Bosphorus strait on Wednesday and headed for the Lebanese port of Tripoli.
“Prior to its departure, the bulk carrier underwent an inspection by representatives from Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and the UN under the terms of a deal struck by Moscow and Kyiv aimed at easing a global food crisis.”

And it is good news that global food prices are coming down as it will also impact us here.

And it is good news that grains are getting out of the Ukraine helping to lessen the threat of food shortages in 3rd world nations.

But I know, your tribe is not allowed to see the good in anything at all as long as the other tribe is sitting in the White House.

Shitty way to live, but damn if it does not seem to make you people happy

And it is good news that global food prices are coming down as it will also impact us here.

And it is good news that grains are getting out of the Ukraine helping to lessen the threat of food shortages in 3rd world nations.

But I know, your tribe is not allowed to see the good in anything at all as long as the other tribe is sitting in the White House.

Well it's good that Putin is allowing it.....So, does Zelenskyy get his 10% or does it go to the other "big man"?

Nothing does because they want hardship and desolation of their enemies.

Some good news on food prices and availability. This news might anger some folks....but it is what it is.

Bloomberg writer Aine Quinn reported today that, “Global food prices fell the most since 2008 after concerns over supplies of grains and vegetable oils eased as Ukraine moved toward restarting exports.
“A United Nations index of world food costs plunged almost 9% in July. The index fell to the lowest since January, before Russia’s blockade of ports in Ukraine — a major food exporter — pushed up food costs to a record.

and this...

Financial Times writers Laura Pitel and Felicia Schwartz reported yesterday that, “The first grain ship to set sail from Ukraine in months was cleared to embark on the final leg of its journey after passing an inspection by a team of international monitors in Turkish waters.

“The Sierra Leone-flagged Razoni, carrying 26,000 tonnes of Ukrainian corn, left the northern entrance of Turkey’s Bosphorus strait on Wednesday and headed for the Lebanese port of Tripoli.
“Prior to its departure, the bulk carrier underwent an inspection by representatives from Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and the UN under the terms of a deal struck by Moscow and Kyiv aimed at easing a global food crisis.”

Just sayin, for a person who claims to not be biased to either side, you sure make a lot of posts promoting the leftist propaganda.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Oh yeah, FarmDocDaily is a well known leftist propaganda.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Damn, you people slay me some days!

There is a lot of bad news, the sky is falling, the world is ending as we know it, posted on this site. Every now and then a bit of good news is not a terrible thing.

You might notice, but I doubt it as you are far too biased, I do not assign any credit to anyone for the actual data I post. I never say "Biden did this, good for him"

I work in the Ag sector, thus that is what I tend to post about the most when I actually start threads, which is pretty rare.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

There is a lot of bad news, the sky is falling, the world is ending as we know it, posted on this site. Every now and then a bit of good news is not a terrible thing.

You might notice, but I doubt it as you are far too biased, I do not assign any credit to anyone for the actual data I post. I never say "Biden did this, good for him"

I work in the Ag sector, thus that is what I tend to post about the most when I actually start threads, which is pretty rare.
But you do tend to paint with a broad brush:
"But I know, your tribe is not allowed to see the good in anything at all as long as the other tribe is sitting in the White House."
For the record from a member of that tribe: yes this is good news.

Look, the fact is, compared to most posters who disagree with me on things, I actually respect you more than most of them as most of them truly are looneys. I see where your door is not shut and your windows are open a crack and you often try being impartial, although, in my opinion, you don't always succeed at it. But, you are not completely closed minded. I like the fact that you don't seem to like either party, which I don't either. However, I see that reality for what it is and if I have to pick a side I'll pick the right because the left have gone totally bonkers while only 75% of right have gone totally bonkers. I'll fight for moderation on both sides because a fight for a third party is a useless waste of time. I'm a proud card carrying RINO but the nutcases on the right have changed the meaning of RINO from what it used to be and the left believe that if you are a RINO then you are automatically an anti-Trumper. While I don't like Trump I will defend him from the Democratic gestapo who have infiltrated all levels of our government.

Some more news on this front. Hopefully the "independent" folks do not get pissed again at me for not posting 100% doom and gloom.

Ukraine signed an agreement with Turkey and the U.N. on July 22 clearing the way for Ukraine to export 22 million tons of corn and other grain stuck at ports and in silos since the Russian invasion, and to make room for the export of the upcoming harvest. A separate memorandum between Russia and the U.N. signed the same day is aimed at clearing roadblocks to its shipments of food and fertilizer to world markets.

The Joint Coordination Center, which includes experts from Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and the U.N., has so far authorized the departure of 12 vessels carrying over 370,000 metric tons of grain, mainly corn, and other foodstuffs and the arrival of four vessels to pick up new cargo, Kenney said.

Forum List

Back