Some free churches wont admitt they are protestants.

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Im a friend of some of them. Their narrative is that they do not belong to any religion, and that religion is obsolete, that it is not religion but faith, and that they have faith in jesus christ, but are nothing of any religion. If you ask them what religion they are they say none, they are not a religion. That is confusing because I know such evangelical free churches are protestants. Right?

I don't consider many sects to be 'Protestant', just those who were actually protestant, like the Lutheran, Anglican, and Calvinists. The Lutheran and Anglicans/Episcopalians were and still are essentially Catholic denominations, they just don't recognize the authority of Rome, while sects like the Baptists, Quakers, etc. are outgrowths of opposition to the mainline Protestant sects, actually, mostly anti- Church of England in the case of American denominations, and in cases like the Presbyterians anti-Quaker split offs, kind of Protestant Protestants. This is a more narrow view, yes, but I consider it the most accurate re historical developments.

I don't consider many sects to be 'Protestant', just those who were actually protestant, like the Lutheran, Anglican, and Calvinists. The Lutheran and Anglicans/Episcopalians were and still are essentially Catholic denominations, they just don't recognize the authority of Rome, while sects like the Baptists, Quakers, etc. are outgrowths of opposition to the mainline Protestant sects, actually, mostly anti- Church of England in the case of American denominations, and in cases like the Presbyterians anti-Quaker split offs, kind of Protestant Protestants. This is a more narrow view, yes, but I consider it the most accurate re historical developments.
Why would anyone "protest" the Catholic church when it is irrelevant?

Evangelicals only have faith in JC and the bible. They believe in prosperity and have mega churches, they also believe in being born again. Mainly republicans.

Im a friend of some of them. Their narrative is that they do not belong to any religion, and that religion is obsolete, that it is not religion but faith, and that they have faith in jesus christ, but are nothing of any religion. If you ask them what religion they are they say none, they are not a religion. That is confusing because I know such evangelical free churches are protestants. Right?
"Free" and "non-denominational" churches were not part of the Protestant Reformation. I don't believe the Baptist Church was, either. So they're not Protestant.

Baptist do not consider our selves protestants. The prosperity movement is not scripture . But is debated within the Baptist community.
Unlike protestants we are congregational in how the the church is run and each congregation is independent.

Evangelicals only have faith in JC and the bible. They believe in prosperity and have mega churches, they also believe in being born again. Mainly republicans.

"mega church" isn't a theology,a denomination or an ideology. It merely means "large church" and can be of virtually any belief.

"mega church" isn't a theology,a denomination or an ideology. It merely means "large church" and can be of virtually any belief.

No they are evangelical. The whackos that think they should interfere in Politics.
I'm quite aware they are not a theology, but the prosperity gospel is, along with speaking in tongues and faith healing.

There citizens of a free country and allowed to be involved in politics . There just better organized the most.:)

No they are evangelical. The whackos that think they should interfere in Politics.
I'm quite aware they are not a theology, but the prosperity gospel is, along with speaking in tongues and faith healing.

As far as churches being involved in political issues, that is nothing new. The churches provided a lot of the energy in the abolition and prohibition causes back in the day. Nowadays, issues like Life as well as Traditional Marriage are very important.

Nobody snivled when all those black pastors and Catholic radical priests ran around organizing and leading marches, but tell the truth about faggots and commies all of sudden the deviants and sociopaths start wetting themselves, lol.

The Baptists and other sects are noted for their work ethic and traditional values; they have little to do with the 'prosperity' gospel, not that Penelope or the other sociopaths would know anything about them. Many of the indie 'Word Of Faith' types aren't, either, though they get accused of being so by the usual idiots and baby killers who can't do basic research before spouting nonsense.

You aren't aware of anything. Take your Prozac like a good little patient and take your naps.

As far as churches being involved in political issues, that is nothing new. The churches provided a lot of the energy in the abolition and prohibition causes back in the day. Nowadays, issues like Life as well as Traditional Marriage are very important.

No they aren't and more important than since the beginning of time., they just make them so.

Forum List

Back