Some fixes that might help to control medical costs

How is withholding information from the actual healthcare consumers - the patients - helpful?

You can learn all that in a thirty second commercial? Amusing!

How about the doctor informing you?

All I need to know from a 30-second commercial is "this is a possible treatment for this condition. This is its name. This is where I can go to research it before bringing it up to my doctor." Pretty much the same as I look for from any other commercial for any other product: it exists, go find out more.

Only a damned fool remains ignorant of their health issues and blindly expects the doctor to just handle everything.
Fine, get diagnosed by WEBMD.Com, then find your remedy through TV commercials than find a doctor that will prescribe them for you.
In fact why do you even need doctors that went to expensive med schools Just order your drugs of choice through on-line pharmacies that do not require a prescriptiom

Oh, yeah, "be informed about and active in your own health care" ABSOLUTELY is the same as "diagnose yourself online, why do you need a doctor at all?"

And there is no such thing as an online pharmacy that doesn't require a prescription, you medical moron. If it requires a prescription at your corner drug store, it requires one at EVERY pharmacy. And this little display of ignorance is EXACTLY why I want to be educated and informed on my own healthcare needs: because I never want to sound as foolish as you just did.
Buy drugs online no prescription, low prices.... online pharmacy no prescription needed plenty of these on Google most of them from Canada.

Haven't a clue what you Googled or didn't Google. I can tell you that I worked for an online pharmacy, and they required a prescription from the doctor for the exact same things your neighborhood pharmacy does.

And none of that negates or deflects from the stupid of "If you want to be educated about your healthcare, that means being your own doctor!"

Eliminate all prescription drugs and allow them to be sold over the counter than. Let the viewer of the commercials decide what works for them.

WOW! Great news or the mortuaries!

Eliminate all prescription drugs and let the VIEWER of the commercials decide what works for them? No high school education much less a medical degree.

Are you serious? Hopefully, you're being facetious!

No, he's being an "all or nothing" doofus. He can't see any sort of rational middle ground between blindly trusting the experts to know what's best for you and the wildest, most extreme alternative possible.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that having more information was not only considered bad, but actually considered something the government should "protect" you from.

Eliminate all prescription drugs and allow them to be sold over the counter than. Let the viewer of the commercials decide what works for them.

WOW! Great news or the mortuaries!

Eliminate all prescription drugs and let the VIEWER of the commercials decide what works for them? No high school education much less a medical degree.

Are you serious? Hopefully, you're being facetious!

Why? Why does it seem outrageous to you to let people decide for themselves?

The premise put forth was that there not be any prescription drugs, everything and anything over the counter and people self-diagnose and then buy whatever the heck they think will cure what they believe ails them.

That dblacck, is outrageous.

The premise put forth was that there not be any prescription drugs, everything and anything over the counter and people self-diagnose and then buy whatever the heck they think will cure what they believe ails them.

That dblacck, is outrageous.
I realize you see it that way, but I'm asking you to justify the view. Is it really that hard to imagine people making their own decisions?

Forum List

Back