Some country has to be the one

jeffrockit

Nov 16, 2008
With all this talk about cutting back on Nukes, I have a question for Americans. Some county will be the military power in the world. If we keep weakening our military and our weapons, it will sooner than later not be us. My question is what country do you want to be the new Superpower militarily? Russia, China, North Korea,Iran?
There will always be a Superpower, that's just the laws of nature in the world, so pick your favorite.
I prefer the US stay the leader but it seems some don't so I would like to hear from them and why.

We were able to take Iraq's military, supposedly the worlds fourth largest, apart in 5 weeks.

On a conventional level, we can take apart almost any military out of the continuing operations budget. On an unconventional level, we hamstring ourselves. We could deal quickly with that issue as well, but we choose not to do that. Or more precisely, we are constitutionally unable to go that route.

On a nuclear level, if things get that bad, military rank is pointless. Only the cockroaches win there.

There doesn't have to be a superpower.

Prior to 1945, there were no superpowers, just great powers.

Current great powers include: Japan, France, Germany, UK, US, China, and Russia.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back