Solution to the problem financing Social Security and paying the National Debt.

Arizona Willie

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2015
I have figured out a way to pay down the National Debt and make SS solvent FOREVER.

Every day billions of stock transactions flow through the stock exchanges in the United States.

Simply impose a 1 dollar tax on EVERY financial transaction via the stock markets and we would have billions of dollars to pay down the National Debt ( pay it off actually in pretty good time ) and completely fund Social Security. This fee would be imposed on stocks, bonds, derivatives and any other financial instruments.

And a 1 dollar tax would hardly be noticed in transactions that often involve thousands / tens of thousands as the wealthy trade paper.

I don't care how they figure it out, but its time to quit stealing from peter to pay for war. The aged, disabled vets and disabled need SS and Medicare and need their raises as much as congress and federal workers get.

Raising the age might be nice for those who sit in their chairs all day and then go to the gym, but not for the tradesmen whose bodies begin to wear out at age 55. Also put it in the market, forget it, the wealthy play with it too much. Here one days , gone the next. I am sick of how the aged and disabled, vets as well are used as a tool for getting votes, and then the threats of how its going broke. Time to quit wasting our tax money.

I have figured out a way to pay down the National Debt and make SS solvent FOREVER.

Every day billions of stock transactions flow through the stock exchanges in the United States.

Simply impose a 1 dollar tax on EVERY financial transaction via the stock markets and we would have billions of dollars to pay down the National Debt ( pay it off actually in pretty good time ) and completely fund Social Security. This fee would be imposed on stocks, bonds, derivatives and any other financial instruments.

And a 1 dollar tax would hardly be noticed in transactions that often involve thousands / tens of thousands as the wealthy trade paper.

In 6 months, the Democrats will seize the funds, spend every dollar, and borrow against the funds for the next twenty years.

legalize rec weed federally.
That would be better than the OPs fascism.

========
Why is it " facism " to pay a $1 fee on a stock transaction involving thousands of dollars but perfectly okay for the broker to charge you $XXX ( big bucks ) for each transaction?

A $1 tax dedicated to National Debt and SS = facism

A $20 fee to the stock broker = just fucking fine

In 6 months, the Democrats will seize the funds, spend every dollar, and borrow against the funds for the next twenty years.
========
Not true. During the Vietnam war we had Income Tax Surcharges and they WERE used to pay war expenses and we didn't wind up with trillions of dollars in debt for your grandchildren to pay.

As long as the legislation is written properly, the funds can be dedicated to paying for SS and the National Debt with no borrowing by Congressthieves allowed.

========
Not true. During the Vietnam war we had Income Tax Surcharges and they WERE used to pay war expenses and we didn't wind up with trillions of dollars in debt for your grandchildren to pay.

As long as the legislation is written properly, the funds can be dedicated to paying for SS and the National Debt with no borrowing by Congressthieves allowed.

So was Social Security. Laws can be changed as we have seen.

Even if your plan had a snowballs chance in hell of passing AND it didn't involve all sorts of negative unintended consequences, what makes you think that any revenue that this manages to raise would be directed solely to paying down principle on the national debt and social security finance? When has the federal government ever done anything like that?

Let me help you out, when the federal government gets more revenue the miscreants in Washington simply dream up new and more wasteful things to spend it on, how do you think we got to $18 TRILLION in cumulative operating deficits and over $100 TRILLION in long term unfunded liabilities?

If every lib sent government $100 a month there you go problem solved. Step up and lead by example libs, we won't hold our breath for that to happen.

========
Why is it " facism " to pay a $1 fee on a stock transaction involving thousands of dollars but perfectly okay for the broker to charge you $XXX ( big bucks ) for each transaction?

A $1 tax dedicated to National Debt and SS = facism

A $20 fee to the stock broker = just fucking fine
did you bother to do the math before you came up with this idea?

All you really did was show us that you have no idea of what takes place on Wall Street.

How many actual transactions take place in a day? Do you know? Not billions.
Your premise is flawed because you refer to "billions of shares of stock" but then say $1.00 per transaction. Is that $1 per share of stock traded.
My guess is if it imposed on transactions alone, it would not even cover 1% of the interest on our debt per day.....but it will take money out of the hands of the consumer.

Great idea, Sparky.

If every lib sent government $100 a month there you go problem solved. Step up and lead by example libs, we won't hold our breath for that to happen.

Does that mean you won't be claiming Social Security?
I am against FICA but was forced to pay into it for 35 years. Why would I not want to recoup what was taken from me against my will?

Give that argument up. It makes you look silly.

an employee tax increase of $478 a year, or $9.19 a week, and the employer would face an identical increase, and SS is solvent ...

$9.18 a week .... much too easy.

RW;s would rather bitch about SS and stump for a tax free world

Forum List

Back