Solidarity is Poland's gift to Europe, says Polish Prime Minister.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Poland, and Polish people were at the forefront of the end of the Soviet Union, but are disrespected over non-sense drivel's.

I agree with Poland's Prime Minister here.

Solidarity is Poland's gift to Europe: PM

Solidarity is Poland's gift to Europe: PM
14.09.2018 11:15
Poland's tradition of solidarity is the country's gift to Europe, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has told Catholic leaders from 45 countries.
56da2fbc-d006-419e-81c4-6fe9c9cb127d.file
Poznań Archbishop and the deputy head of the Council of the Bishops' Conference of Europe, Stanisław Gądecki, and Mateusz Morawiecki. Photo: PAP/Jakub Kaczmarczyk

Morawiecki opened the plenary session of the Council of the Bishops' Conference of Europe in Poznań, western Poland, on Thursday.

“Solidarity and freedom ... is anchored in the teachings of the Church, in the great Christian tradition, the tradition of all of Europe,” Morawiecki said.

According to Morawiecki, solidarity gave dignity to people in times of oppression.

He referred to Poland's experience of two totalitarian regimes – of WWII-era fascism and of the communism which followed – saying that solidarity was Poland's answer to those oppressive times.

Solidarity was also the name of the Church-backed anti-communist movement which emerged in Poland in the 1980s.

Morawiecki said the Solidarity of the 1980s embodied values such as community, justice and support of the weak, adding that Poland continued to promote those values.

He also said that “solidarity is a Polish brand, the living incarnation of the Polish spirit … and our most valuable contribution … to the future of Europe”.

How can anyone not like Poland? They don't put up with the EU or immigrants sneaking across their border.

How can anyone not like Poland? They don't put up with the EU or immigrants sneaking across their border.

My neighborhood of origin in New York State was Polish/Irish. They throw great parties too.

Polocks are alright though i like Finns , Russians and Chippewa's better as they all seem smarter and look better than Pollocks . -------------- What is the correct spelling of pollock , polock Sob .

i just like Russian food and the people but they are of course Americans for the last hundred years or so but still know how to cook . I like the Old Believers . --------------- I like the Finns because of their ability to drink lots of beer and still kinda function and everyone was a Finn or Swede or Chippewa where i grew up . Chippewa , i just like American 'injuns' though many didn't like me and there were lots of them around when i was growing up .

Forum List

Back