Soldiers Could Be Discharged If They Refuse Vaccine-All Troops to be Vaxxed by December 15

Right, that makes a lot of nonsense.

Some joker that has 3 years and 2 months in and has already decided to get out then just says no to the vaccine. And gets a nice big fat check, in addition to getting out early.

No, in reality it should be just as it is. A big "get out", and a boot to the rear for refusing to follow directives. And an RE code that will never let them back in ever again.

No, it makes excellent sense.

You give the example of someone who has 3 years and two months in.

What about someone who has 19 years in and has dedicated his entire adult life to serving his country? Or the guy who's finishing up his first hitch, and has already completed all the paperwork for re-enlisting? Telling them to simply "get out" is wrong, and it sure as Hell would not resemble something demanded by the country I served for 20 years. We're better that that. We shouldn't just say "fuck you, get out"...

I appreciate his actions in saving the child..but that does not give him a pass. He broke the rules....he knew the chance he took...and the possible repercussions.
This has been rule forever..active duty serving military are to stay clear of politics--and as for the guy who criticized his commanding officers...really? You don't know how will turn out..no matter Right or left?

When I was on active duty, the "rules" stated that a service member in uniform could not actively campaign (speak at rallies, etc) for any political candidate. I'd heard nothing about that rule changing.

In my 20 years, I know of several instances where active duty service members attended political rallies, and they did so with the full knowledge of their commands...

1635771490821.png

What about someone who has 19 years in and has dedicated his entire adult life to serving his country?

Then they had already taken hundreds of vaccines, and know how the military works. If they are dedicated to that, then they shut up and follow orders and regulations.

This is hardly the first time this has popped up. People whined about H1N1 a decade or so ago, and also about the anthrax vaccine. Guess how many got booted out for it?

It is the freaking US military, where following orders and regulations is required. Don't like it, don't join or get out.

And it is just like anybody else who refused to follow a lawful order. Not get a mandated vaccine, attend Neo-Nazi rallies, march in support of ANTIFA in uniform, the list just goes on and on. You claim to have served for 20 years, and do not understand following rules and regulations?

Those about to get so booted should probably take a good hard look at themselves then, and decide what is more important. If refusing the orders is more important than following them, then they really should get out. Just as those booted in 1990 and 2003 who said they did not join to go to Iraq. It is not about your wants, it is about serving and following orders.

Last edited:
Then they had already taken hundreds of vaccines, and know how the military works. If they are dedicated to that, then they shut up and follow orders and regulations.

Nice to know you'd treat like shit someone who spent so much of his life in the service of his country...

Nice to know you'd treat like shit someone who spent so much of his life in the service of his country...

I have spent over 24 years in the military. So don't you dare take that kind of attitude.

And I still mean what I said. Can't follow orders, GTFO. It is the military, not a social club where everybody gets to do their own thing.

This is hardly the first time this has popped up. People whined about H1N1 a decade or so ago, and also about the anthrax vaccine. Guess how many got booted out for it?

It is the freaking US military, where following orders and regulations is required. Don't like it, don't join or get out.

And it is just like anybody else who refused to follow a lawful order. Not get a mandated vaccine, attend Neo-Nazi rallies, march in support of ANTIFA in uniform, the list just goes on and on. You claim to have served for 20 years, and do not understand following rules and regulations?

Those about to get so booted should probably take a good hard look at themselves then, and decide what is more important. If refusing the orders is more important than following them, then they really should get out. Just as those booted in 1990 and 2003 who said they did not join to go to Iraq. It is not about your wants, it is about serving and following orders.
You dont take 100’s of vaccines in the military. Its not even 20 so stop with the hyperbolic bullshit.

You dont take 100’s of vaccines in the military. Its not even 20 so stop with the hyperbolic bullshit.

In a 20 year career? Of course you do. Even in the Reserves when I was deploying nowhere I got a dozen or more each year. Even if somebody spent 20 years in the reserves and never left their home state, that would be hundreds.

On active duty, you get even more. And even more than that if you deploy somewhere.

Hep A, Hep B, Flu, MMR (3 right there), Pneumococcal, tetanus, COVID, H1N1, polio, chicken pox, Small Pox, cholera, multiple Plague vaccines, typhoid, varicella, HPV, anthrax, I can go on and on and on here. Many of which you get annually.

What, you did not know this? As part of our physical, each of us normally gets a dozen or more, normally in a combined form like MMR. Then others periodically through the year as needed.

Don't take hundreds indeed.

My over 20 years of service tells me I'll take whatever attitude I wish, and you'll sit there and deal with it

And to be honest? I could not care less. You can have any kind of attitude you like. But do not try to demand I follow your beliefs. Or that when I insist that people should follow orders and regulations, I am not "shitting on them".

And to be honest? I could not care less. You can have any kind of attitude you like. But do not try to demand I follow your beliefs. Or that when I insist that people should follow orders and regulations, I am not "shitting on them".

Sure you are...

In a 20 year career? Of course you do. Even in the Reserves when I was deploying nowhere I got a dozen or more each year. Even if somebody spent 20 years in the reserves and never left their home state, that would be hundreds.

On active duty, you get even more. And even more than that if you deploy somewhere.

Hep A, Hep B, Flu, MMR (3 right there), Pneumococcal, tetanus, COVID, H1N1, polio, chicken pox, Small Pox, cholera, multiple Plague vaccines, typhoid, varicella, HPV, anthrax, I can go on and on and on here. Many of which you get annually.

What, you did not know this? As part of our physical, each of us normally gets a dozen or more, normally in a combined form like MMR. Then others periodically through the year as needed.

Don't take hundreds indeed.
So now Im questioning that you ever actually served. There are only 18 vaccines mandated by the US military. There arent even hundreds of vaccines that is possible to take you moron. There are only 25 diseases there are vaccines for on the US CDC's website for crying out loud. List of Vaccines Used in United States | CDC

Even if you took every vaccine licensed for use in the US by the FDA you couldn't get to 100. And you would be double, triple and quadruple vax'd in some cases for almost all the diseases. Vaccines Licensed for Use in the US

So tell me again how you got "hundreds of vaccinations" during your service.

You know you don’t get most vaccines more than once right?
You weren’t getting MMR yearly.

I spent 23 years in the Marine Corps deployed about half that time. I can assure you I didn’t get hundreds of shots let alone vaccines.

Again stop with the hyperbole.

Last edited:
So now Im questioning that you ever actually served

And one I know I have gotten several times is not even in that list. Yersinia pestis, more commonly known as the "Plague Vaccine". I still clearly remember my first booster, I was sick as a dog afterwards, which the clinic told me was an uncommon but known side effect. Nor do I see H1N1, one I had to get before going home on R&R as I was deployed when that broke out. Or the current COVID one.

So I guess somehow you never got the annual booster shots that we all go through every year. Strange.

Oh, I never said "hundreds of different vaccinations", I said "hundreds of vaccinations".

And right, only get them once. I happen to have gotten the Small Pox one on three different occasions. The last as I was waiting for the flight to the ME, because I could not take it earlier as my wife had a compromised immunodeficiency condition at the time due to cancer treatments. So I literally got it a few minutes before stepping on the plane. Along with a butt load of others during our pre-deployment physicals.

But yea, nice try.

Oh, here is a list the Army routinely gives to all recruits. The first 8 to everybody, not even counting annual boosters. And in looking it over, I have had all of these but the rabies one. Plus others not even on this list. And as most of my time was in combat arms, we were constantly poked because we could end up almost anywhere with little notice.

Adenovirus, Types 4 and 7
Influenza (Flu Shot)Recruits receive this shot in basic only during the designated flu season (October – March)
MeaslesMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
MeningococcalQuadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (containing A, C, Y, and W-135 polysaccharide antigens) is administered on a one-time basis to recruits. The vaccine is given as soon as practicable after in-processing or training. This vaccine is required routinely only for recruits, although its use may be indicated in other situations based on transmission potential and risk of contracting meningococcal disease.
MumpsMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
PolioA single dose of trivalent OPV is administered to all enlisted accessions. Officer candidates, ROTC cadets, and other Reserve Components on initial active duty for training receive a single dose of OPV unless prior booster immunization as an adult is documented.
RubellaMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
Tetanus-diphtheriaA primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.
Influenza (Flu Shot)Annual, during “Flu Season” (October – March)
Tetanus-diphtheriaA primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.
Yellow FeverNavy and Marine Corps only.
Hepatitis A
JE Vaccine (Japanese B Encephalitis)
Meningococcal
Typhoid
CholeraCholera vaccine is not administered routinely to either active or reserve component personnel. Cholera vaccine is administered to military personnel, only upon travel or deployment to countries requiring cholera vaccination as a condition for entry, or upon the direction of the appropriate Surgeon General, or Commandant (G-K), Coast Guard.
Hepatitis B
Measles
Mumps
PlagueThere is no requirement for routine immunization. Plague vaccine is administered to personnel who are likely to be assigned to areas where the risk of endemic transmission or other exposure is high. Vaccine may not be effective in the prevention of airborne infection. The addition of antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for such situations.
RabiesRabies vaccine is administered to personnel with a high risk of exposure (animal handlers; certain laboratory, field, and security personnel; and personnel frequently exposed to potentially rabid animals in a non occupational or recreational setting).
Varicella
Small PoxThis vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.
AnthraxThis vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.

And one I know I have gotten several times is not even in that list. Yersinia pestis, more commonly known as the "Plague Vaccine". I still clearly remember my first booster, I was sick as a dog afterwards, which the clinic told me was an uncommon but known side effect. Nor do I see H1N1, one I had to get before going home on R&R as I was deployed when that broke out. Or the current COVID one.

So I guess somehow you never got the annual booster shots that we all go through every year. Strange.

Oh, I never said "hundreds of different vaccinations", I said "hundreds of vaccinations".

And right, only get them once. I happen to have gotten the Small Pox one on three different occasions. The last as I was waiting for the flight to the ME, because I could not take it earlier as my wife had a compromised immunodeficiency condition at the time due to cancer treatments. So I literally got it a few minutes before stepping on the plane. Along with a butt load of others during our pre-deployment physicals.

But yea, nice try.

Oh, here is a list the Army routinely gives to all recruits. The first 8 to everybody, not even counting annual boosters. And in looking it over, I have had all of these but the rabies one. Plus others not even on this list. And as most of my time was in combat arms, we were constantly poked because we could end up almost anywhere with little notice.

Adenovirus, Types 4 and 7
Influenza (Flu Shot)Recruits receive this shot in basic only during the designated flu season (October – March)
MeaslesMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
MeningococcalQuadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (containing A, C, Y, and W-135 polysaccharide antigens) is administered on a one-time basis to recruits. The vaccine is given as soon as practicable after in-processing or training. This vaccine is required routinely only for recruits, although its use may be indicated in other situations based on transmission potential and risk of contracting meningococcal disease.
MumpsMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
PolioA single dose of trivalent OPV is administered to all enlisted accessions. Officer candidates, ROTC cadets, and other Reserve Components on initial active duty for training receive a single dose of OPV unless prior booster immunization as an adult is documented.
RubellaMeasles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
Influenza (Flu Shot)Annual, during “Flu Season” (October – March)
Yellow FeverNavy and Marine Corps only.
Hepatitis A
JE Vaccine (Japanese B Encephalitis)
Meningococcal
Typhoid
CholeraCholera vaccine is not administered routinely to either active or reserve component personnel. Cholera vaccine is administered to military personnel, only upon travel or deployment to countries requiring cholera vaccination as a condition for entry, or upon the direction of the appropriate Surgeon General, or Commandant (G-K), Coast Guard.
Hepatitis B
Measles
Mumps
PlagueThere is no requirement for routine immunization. Plague vaccine is administered to personnel who are likely to be assigned to areas where the risk of endemic transmission or other exposure is high. Vaccine may not be effective in the prevention of airborne infection. The addition of antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for such situations.
RabiesRabies vaccine is administered to personnel with a high risk of exposure (animal handlers; certain laboratory, field, and security personnel; and personnel frequently exposed to potentially rabid animals in a non occupational or recreational setting).
Varicella
Small PoxThis vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.
AnthraxThis vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.
You dont get annual booster shots of 99% of vaccines dipshit. Flu was the only yearly "booster" and now COVID will be a 2-3 month booster apparently, but your not getting MMR or Tetnus every year. Typhoid is every couple years, Tetnus is 5-10? What yearly "booster" vaccines were you getting?

Forum List

Back