Solar Industry’s Reliance on Chinese Forced Labor Threatens Biden’s Green Economy

Depends on the manufacturer. Both here and in China;

"There are several US-based solar panel manufacturers that try to source as many of their materials from the US as possible. If you buy a solar panel from a company like this, you can significantly reduce the carbon footprint of your panels.
SunPower and SolarWorld are two top US-based solar panel manufacturers and produce some of the greenest solar panels available to US customers. They follow specific standards for ensuring their products are environmentally friendly and are working to continuously mitigate their carbon footprint.
Some US-based solar panel manufacturers may not have the most sustainable practices, however, and some foreign companies may be much more environmentally friendly, so it is up to you to research the company that you are looking into."

I dont care very much how “green” they are

But I do care that we are importing stuff from china that should be made here

When I buy solar panels it will be for their usefulness supplying electricity rather than saving the planet

But greenies do care about reducing CO2 output and they rather than me should be demanding that we not buy solar panels from china

Forum List

Back