Solar energy facts you're not hearing about.

Your own source says otherwise and it depends on the utility, State regulations, and the contract they agree to with each energy supplier. You evidently have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you quit acting like you do.
You really need to read my link more carefully. All solar installations are fed into the common grid. There are no separate grids for solar electricity. Rate payers volunteer to help develop solar by agreeing to pay higher rates for their electricity.

You really need to read my link more carefully. All solar installations are fed into the common grid. There are no separate grids for solar electricity. Rate payers volunteer to help develop solar by agreeing to pay higher rates for their electricity.
You really have no point.

Methinks you are just here to argue while contributing nothing of value.
Projecting yourself will get you nowhere. I don't play nice with pretend experts talking nonsense. Want value? Buy a book on electrical power distribution and start reading..

Projecting yourself will get you nowhere. I don't play nice with pretend experts talking nonsense. Want value? Buy a book on electrical power distribution and start reading..
I made two valid points. What's the problem?

I made two valid points. What's the problem?
Some cheese for that whine? You'd apparently like to be friendly and helpful, yet to explicitly identify which out of the pile of BS you've extruded here are the "two" chunks you now consider "valid" is clearly too much to ask. This is where you first began squeezing hard:
Back to the topic.

The dirty secret about solar energy is that in order for companies to make money the technology has to be complicated and expensive. The sheer amount of solar energy available is enormous and can be harnessed widely by rather inexpensive means. However, these means rule out the profitability needed for anyone to invest in them. Also, gathering this energy cheaply would seriously impact the profits of the utility companies which will always be needed as either a main source of power or a backup source. So we're stuck between a rock and a hard place on this issue. :(
See, when ignorant people like you shit all over solar energy as you did there..? That pisses me off. Not a "valid point" within miles. So I challenged you and you've predictably just doubled down since like an idiot.

Why "dirty"? Smoke and ash tend to be dirty, not sunlight or wind particularly. And why refer to your little idiotic theory as a "secret"? Is it the act of publicly wishing really hard for some of these gems to actually be true what makes them "valid"? Getting tired of this yet? Welcome to the club!

Some cheese for that whine? You'd apparently like to be friendly and helpful, yet to explicitly identify which out of the pile of BS you've extruded here are the "two" chunks you now consider "valid" is clearly too much to ask. This is where you first began squeezing hard:

See, when ignorant people like you shit all over solar energy as you did there..? That pisses me off. Not a "valid point" within miles. So I challenged you and you've predictably just doubled down since like an idiot.

Why "dirty"? Smoke and ash tend to be dirty, not sunlight or wind particularly. And why refer to your little idiotic theory as a "secret"? Is it the act of publicly wishing really hard for some of these gems to actually be true what makes them "valid"? Getting tired of this yet? Welcome to the club!
I think you are just offended by my ideas because you don't understand them. Most simplify things and make work easier and more efficient. You may be into high-tech solutions for problems. I'm not, so we are miles apart in our thinking.

For example, our liberal city government has allowed the most beautiful and most popular park to be taken over by Canada geese, which leaves so much goose shit all over that the park is unusable for people. My solution,

Kill the geese.
Simple and effective.

Last edited:
That's fine. However innovation is predictably messy.
You are waving away my first two points. Why?

I just insulated my attic to R49, and the difference is amazing (low tech, no moving parts to wear out).

Last edited:

Smoke can be controlled, and ash is great fertilizer. Dead trees left to decomposed will release most of their stored carbon into the atmosphere as CO2. Better to use efficient burning and get a benefit than allow them to just rot away, or worse, contribute to wildfires. Also prison labor is cheap, and outdoor work is a welcome change from sitting in a cell.

You are waving away my first two points. Why?

I just insulated my attic to R49, and the difference is amazing (low tech, no moving parts to wear out).
We're all conservative and liberal as life requires of us and no one has ever voiced an objection to adding insulation, given available air space and funding. So "Conservatism" and "Insulation" are not "valid points" because no could possibly care less. They address nothing relevant to the topic.

We're all conservative and liberal as life requires of us and no one has ever voiced an objection to adding insulation, given available air space and funding. So "Conservatism" and "Insulation" are not "valid points" because no could possibly care less. They address nothing relevant to the topic.
The overarching subject is reducing the use of fossil fuels. Insulating and weatherproofing is the most cost-effective short and long-term method of all current efforts to accomplish this. Without this we're putting 'clean energy' into a bag filled with holes, a zero-sum game.

The overarching subject is reducing the use of fossil fuels.
No, the OP provided the subject in the title:
"Solar energy facts you're not hearing about."
You've been deliberately distracting and dissembling from that subject with your weird public service announcements regarding insulation use that everyone sane grew tired of hearing about from their electric utility at least twenty years ago. In other words, you're certainly not helping people to "hear about" any "solar energy facts" here. Why not go and start your own topic called
"Insulation facts you haven't heard already" or something.. :sigh2:

Forum List

Back