Solar eclipse from South Carolina

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Weird..bids are chirping when passing
IMG_20170821_143944.jpg

Weird..bids are chirping when passingView attachment 145169

That was cool. I got this great picture that I just stumbled on. About 5 minutes after the total, I opened the door to the back patio and I saw 1000s of little eclipses on the back patio and stairs. The tree above the patio was just right height to do a focused "pinhole" effect of the leaves. And the clouds had gone away at just the right time.

I'll put it up in awhile..

I wish I had a better camera, oh well guess we will see a million of them..but it was an weird experience..

Saw it earlier, it is cool, people are claiming it is quite the spiritual experience. I don't get that but to each his own.

Saw it earlier, it is cool, people are claiming it is quite the spiritual experience. I don't get that but to each his own.

Oh! I get it how people claim it's like a spiritual experience.

From day to night in a few minutes ....and then back to day....

A cosmic almost mystic experience....magical and awesome !!

Sadly I didn't have the opportunity to watch it.:(

I only watched the eclipse for maybe a minute while it was at it's peak in this area, and it was only partial here, but it was still an amazing thing to see. Many people will never witness an eclipse in their life. I hope that especially the younger people who watched it have an appreciation of what they witnessed today.

I drove to Table Rock state park, then a few miles past because the entrances were blocked. A cloud blocked the total eclipse where I stopped to view it.

I wish I had a better camera, oh well guess we will see a million of them..but it was an weird experience..

Even with a better camera you will need a solar filter or the images will come out like the one in the OP.

I have several high quality cameras and knew I needed a solar filter but didn't bother with it because we didn't live in the totality area.
here is one I got.

DSC_4205web.jpg

Nikon D90
1/800
f14
50 iso

Forum List

Back