Solar Community In Ft. Meyers Florida Never Lost Power During Hurricane Ian

The responses to this post show how effective exxons lying campaign has been.
Q) Tommy what takes up 2 million acres of land and the entire west coast shoreline and under the right conditions can run an electric can opener all day?

A) A green idea designed to run 2 can openers
I doubt that these half wits even get paid.
tommy, that article is mush, it is merely a solar power beard...i.e. it is only made to seem that it makes the case for solar power when it does no such thing.

Last edited:
My neighbor down the street is a dumbass that put in the stupid solar crap.

The neighborhood was without power for two days after the hurricane. The neighbors with the solar panels were using a gas generator to get by until the power was restored just like the rest of us.

Solar power sucks. It is not very good technology. Just a wet dream for these Environmental Wacko Moon Bats.

Babcock Ranch calls itself “America’s first solar-powered town.” Its nearby solar array — made up of 700,000 individual panels — generates more electricity than the 2,000-home neighborhood uses, in a state where most electricity is generated by burning natural gas, a planet-warming fossil fuel.

So when Hurricane Ian came barreling toward southwest Florida this week, it was a true test for the community. The storm obliterated the nearby Fort Myers and Naples areas with record-breaking surge and winds over 100 mph. It knocked out power to more than 2.6 million customers in the state, including 90% of Charlotte County.

But the lights stayed on in Babcock Ranch.

“We have proof of the case now because [the hurricane] came right over us,” Nancy Chorpenning, a 68-year-old Babcock Ranch resident, told CNN. “We have water, electricity, internet — and we may be the only people in Southwest Florida who are that fortunate.”

Skews, why sing the praises of solar power when the obvious hero here should be wind powered turbines...they would actually make hurricanes a welcomed event...right?

Trying every kind of way towards a healthy planet really is a good thing. even if its not your personal choice.

Babcock Ranch calls itself “America’s first solar-powered town.” Its nearby solar array — made up of 700,000 individual panels — generates more electricity than the 2,000-home neighborhood uses, in a state where most electricity is generated by burning natural gas, a planet-warming fossil fuel.

So when Hurricane Ian came barreling toward southwest Florida this week, it was a true test for the community. The storm obliterated the nearby Fort Myers and Naples areas with record-breaking surge and winds over 100 mph. It knocked out power to more than 2.6 million customers in the state, including 90% of Charlotte County.

“We have proof of the case now because [the hurricane] came right over us,” Nancy Chorpenning, a 68-year-old Babcock Ranch resident, told CNN. “We have water, electricity, internet — and we may be the only people in Southwest Florida who are that fortunate.”

CNN will never tell us how many of my tax dollars are being given away to the welfare bums in the Babcock Ranch for their solar panels

Trying every kind of way towards a healthy planet really is a good thing. even if its not your personal choice.

Solar and wind does nothing to help anything. They are terrible technologies that creates more of an impact on the environment than they help. They hardly work.

Neither technologies will supply the energy that a developed country needs. It is just an environmental wacko's wet dream.

This stupid L-I vehicle battery technology is also a disaster.

But we will need solar panels covering the whole northern hemisphere just to light up much of Florida.

1664812538234.png

Exxon funded the climate change denial industry. They were very effective as we can see from this thread.
Pick and day in history since about 1980 and you will find one of two lib lies, if not both

First we have hit Peak Oil and its all downhill from that day,

And two that the global warming doomsday event is just 25 years away

Lol, evidently it is an accomplishment. They have all their utilities while the rest of Florida does not. Lol, bet they laughing at all the rest while they are comfortable.

Wrong...
Plenty of people didnt lose power and the storm went right over their properties.
And when you have a battery bank that runs your home you're not likely to lose power unless it tore your house down.

Wrong...
Plenty of people didnt lose power and the storm went right over their properties.
And when you have a battery bank that runs your home you're not likely to lose power unless it tore your house down.
Lol, so they are not better off than the 600 thousand with out utilities huh? Lol.

Lol, so they are not better off than the 600 thousand with out utilities huh? Lol.

Who said they werent?
I'm referring to why they still have power.
Fact is most people cant afford to go all solar so it's really not a viable option.
Not to mention those panels and batteries will need to be replaced at great expense.
Personally I'd go with a gen set and a large propane tank.
We thought about going that route in our current home but after 16 years the power hasnt gone out for more than a day or so and that was after the ice storm.
Besides,I already have 3 gen sets one a Honda EU7000 that will easily power the bottom floor of the house.

Who said they werent?
I'm referring to why they still have power.
Fact is most people cant afford to go all solar so it's really not a viable option.
Not to mention those panels and batteries will need to be replaced at great expense.
Personally I'd go with a gen set and a large propane tank.
We thought about going that route in our current home but after 16 years the power hasnt gone out for more than a day or so and that was after the ice storm.
Besides,I already have 3 gen sets one a Honda EU7000 that will easily power the bottom floor of the house.
Well before my divorce I has solar panels and a bladder system that turns manure into natural gas. Effectively did not have to pay utility bills. It worked out economicly in addition to not having to worry about utilities going out. The feeling of being self sufficient is priceless. Not in that position at this point but my business is growing at a better than expected rate and am on track to get back where I was in about 5 years. You do as you please I don't give two shits. Those who do like to be covered and can afford the long term advantage of not having to pay for utilities will continue to do so, save money, and not have to deal with going with out. Lol, it doesn't just end at the battery supply. They will continue to recharge while those 600 thousand with out may go weeks or even months with out utilities.

Well before my divorce I has solar panels and a bladder system that turns manure into natural gas. Effectively did not have to pay utility bills. It worked out economicly in addition to not having to worry about utilities going out. The feeling of being self sufficient is priceless. Not in that position at this point but my business is growing at a better than expected rate and am on track to get back where I was in about 5 years. You do as you please I don't give two shits. Those who do like to be covered and can afford the long term advantage of not having to pay for utilities will continue to do so, save money, and not have to deal with going with out. Lol, it doesn't just end at the battery supply. They will continue to recharge while those 600 thousand with out may go weeks or even months with out utilities.

Meh...everything I own is paid for so I dont worry too much about utilities.

Forum List

Back