Solar Attic Gable Fan

A passive ridge vent is more reliable, environmentally friendly, aesthetically pleasing, safer, cheaper & won't cause a attic vacuum that sucks the conditioned air out of living space.

That disastrous thing you posted is a ugly waste of environment, energy, time, money & thought.

Last edited:
I’m going to buy one, but wanted to know if anyone here had one and what their impressions were.

This one gets decent review:
Robot Check

So does this one:
Robot Check

I want to mount the solar panel on a steel pole in the backyard instead of drilling into my roof.
because its you I want to tell you to buy the most expensive one,,
but since I'm a nice guy I will tell you to not waste your money,,
if you were going to use it to pull hot air out of the house it might be OK but if you want to use it to vent the attic, dont use it cause it will suck air through the cracks and drain your house of conditioned air,,,

just make sure you have plenty of roof vents and soffit vents to provide the exchange,,,

I want to pull hot Florida air out of my attic. My existing electrical gable fan was fine but the motor burned out. I just would rather not spend the money on electricity if these solar ones do the job. The ones I’m looking at cover a 2000 sq ft house.

I have a passive ridge.

I want to pull hot Florida air out of my attic. My existing electrical gable fan was fine but the motor burned out. I just would rather not spend the money on electricity if these solar ones do the job. The ones I’m looking at cover a 2000 sq ft house.

I have a passive ridge.
read comment #3,,,

I have a passive ridge.
Just in case, fan motors don't pull much energy, if a new regular fan for same purpose is less than 100 bucks, then buy it because at the end of the day, that electric fan will use 200 bucks "energy" in about 20 years.

On the other hand, there is no guarantee the solar panel energy fan will last more than 5 years, perhaps 10, no one knows. The warranty might have expired in a year.

I have a passive ridge.
Staple a radiant barrier under your rafters. That will cool attic & cut your utility bills. Relocate any air conditioning system & air ducts out of attic. Soffit vent, Gable vent, Ridge vent, Insulate, seal all ceiling, lights, vents, cracks and do everything else before installing a fan that can suck air from ducts, through ceiling, lights, electric wire holes, etc into attic.

Forum List

Back