Soft boiled egg?

course everybody knows the simple trick to know if the eggs are bad inside?

If they float when you put them in water, they are no good.

yep. I did that when I stayed in Africa for a while. The eggs for the day were bought along the roadside with no refrigeration, so I thought it was a good idea to check.

Dammit. Now y'all got me hungry for a soft boiled egg over an english muffin...all squishy and yummy. :1peleas:
Oh no, huevos rancheros.........

iu

I'm not a big fan of that kind of salsa, TBH. I prefer pico de gallo.

Dammit. Now y'all got me hungry for a soft boiled egg over an english muffin...all squishy and yummy. :1peleas:

iu

Huevos rancheros are made with any chili, etc you want. Fry up a tortilla, put a bed of chili salsa, pico, etc on it and a couple of sunny side up eggs on it. Pure heaven.

iu

Huevos rancheros are made with any chili, etc you want. Fry up a tortilla, put a bed of chili salsa, pico, etc on it and a couple of sunny side up eggs on it. Pure heaven.

Sounds great. I think I would use toast instead of tortillas though. I love toast. :D

iu

Sounds great. I think I would use toast instead of tortillas though. I love toast. :D
So do I but I also love tortillas. My favorite is my own "Mexican Glop" rolled into a hot burrito....... I might have to make some next week...... :D

iu

So do I but I also love tortillas. My favorite is my own "Mexican Glop" rolled into a hot burrito....... I might have to make some next week...... :D

Theres just no glop like Mexican Glop, in a tortilla slung low....

iu

It's simple, onions, ground beef with habanero chili seasoning, you can use taco seasoning if you want. A can of refried beans, small jar of salsa and lots of cheese all cooked together. Roll it up in a burrito, make a tostada or use it as a dip for tortilla chips.
If you use habanero seasoning have ice cubes ready the next day waiting for you in the bathroom....... You're gonna need em.......

It's simple, onions, ground beef with habanero chili seasoning, you can use taco seasoning if you want. A can of refried beans, small jar of salsa and lots of cheese all cooked together. Roll it up in a burrito, make a tostada or use it as a dip for tortilla chips.
If you use habanero seasoning have ice cubes ready the next day waiting for you in the bathroom....... You're gonna need em.......

sounds good with a margarita, though I might add in some Nopales if they are cooked right. I'm kinda big on Mexican food too.

When my grandmother would visit from the motherland she took over feeding us kids and getting us off to school. When she was there we never ate from the school cafeteria. So during breakfast she would make hard boiled eggs. One went in out lunch, and one was for breakfast. The breakfast egg was not all the way hard boiled though. The white part was, but the yolk was not hard boiled. You just lopped the top off it and dug in with a spoon. How did she make those eggs? How long do you cook them to get mostly hard boiled eggs?
Damn...how old are you? 12? No one’s this helpless.

When my grandmother would visit from the motherland she took over feeding us kids and getting us off to school. When she was there we never ate from the school cafeteria. So during breakfast she would make hard boiled eggs. One went in out lunch, and one was for breakfast. The breakfast egg was not all the way hard boiled though. The white part was, but the yolk was not hard boiled. You just lopped the top off it and dug in with a spoon. How did she make those eggs? How long do you cook them to get mostly hard boiled eggs?

At the time? Like 5. It's the time messing me up I think. That and electric burners.

Lots of people are, to be truthful and it gets much worse than not knowing how to cook an egg. Some people can't even hold down a job or provide for themselves or their families.

How to Make Soft-Boiled Eggs

Egg in a Hole Recipe

The 2nd is something my mom used to make me as a kid. I loved it. A runny egg built into a slice of bread.
I still do it..but I fry my egg in a smidge of butter, over medium, then flop the bread in the pan and brown both sides with the left over butter, then lay the egg on top.No hole. I want the whole thing, lol.

Well, you see, with the egg in a hole thing, you actually do get the whole thing! What you do is keep the "holes" and let them toast too on the side, maybe with a little butter, then you use them to dip into the dippy egg with as you eat it! ;) It makes a lot of sense to have the bread and the egg together, yet separate so they can each do their own thing as they cook together---- when you put the egg straight on top of the bread, it kind of smothers the bread and makes the bread a bit wetter and flatter.

Either way works but the hole is a nice novelty.

Forum List

Back