Social Promotion in Medical School

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The idea of moving students along to the next grade to bring them to an end has always been done in Government school, but should it be done in Medical School?

Or is it too much for administrators to actually expect the students to learn the material?

Lot of people flunk out of Med School

Some people may drop out, but considering the fact that incompetents like Zeke Emanuel are moved out even though they know nothing tells me there are very few people flunking out.

Ever since we had the no child left behind, we have pushed everyone along our test scores have shown how well that works.
But we just can't seem to get beyond that mentality that everyone is the same and should be treated the same. Most people learn at diffrent rates. Some never understand certain concepts. But they are all pushed along. Some even believe that let someone else deal with the problem.
Unfortunately it is not just medicine that will suffer. Engineering, lawyers etc will all suffer.

Doctors *know* one thing. What day they pay to play golf.
They "practice" medicine- the military called it OJT, On The Job Training.
Think about that.

Please, please, please do NOT dumb down medical schools in order to placate certain groups.

It's OK to do so in the humanities (e.g., a Ph.D. in Jupiter Studies), but NOT in serious and critical areas such as medicine, the law, engineering, etc.

Please!

Trump went to private schools yet he can barely write sentence correctly.
As can you. You have problem with yours there stinky.
I never went to a private school, college and dropped out of high school to support the family starting in junior high...I have never claimed to be a stable genius nor do I claim to be smarter that those that never elected me...

Forum List

Back