Social Media, specifically Facebook

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
So they banned the picture below. They'll show naked tatas til the cows come home - unless those tatas belong to nursing moms, or have been removed due to breast cancer.

They banned this picture.

The Post About Jesus That Facebook Banned | The Daily Banter

I don't know what their criteria is, and frankly I don't much care. They should make up their minds as to what makes something disagreeable, and go with that. They better have a good explanation though as to how they reached that conclusion?

Or maybe not. They don't have to explain anything to anybody, really. But they will start losing people - in fact, the erosion started with teens. I know there's a thread around here somewhere about teens leaving in droves. And frankly, I'm likely to stay put because just about everybody I've either loved, admired, or respected (or all of the above) in my life, is on my friend's list on Facebook. People I went to church with as a teen, and in my twenties, and thirties. People I had completely lost touch with, I now converse with on a regular or semi-regular basis.

But stuff like the banning of the above picture makes me wonder if I shouldn't have a Plan B in place as it relates to staying connected with people I love.

So they banned the picture below. They'll show naked tatas til the cows come home - unless those tatas belong to nursing moms, or have been removed due to breast cancer.

I don't know what their criteria is, and frankly I don't much care. They should make up their minds as to what makes something disagreeable, and go with that. They better have a good explanation though as to how they reached that conclusion?

Or maybe not. They don't have to explain anything to anybody, really. But they will start losing people - in fact, the erosion started with teens. I know there's a thread around here somewhere about teens leaving in droves. And frankly, I'm likely to stay put because just about everybody I've either loved, admired, or respected (or all of the above) in my life, is on my friend's list on Facebook. People I went to church with as a teen, and in my twenties, and thirties. People I had completely lost touch with, I now converse with on a regular or semi-regular basis.

But stuff like the banning of the above picture makes me wonder if I shouldn't have a Plan B in place as it relates to staying connected with people I love.

Google+

• Banned
Teens Are Leaving Facebook, But Does it Matter? (FB)

According to the same iStrategy Labs Study, the number of users 55+ has exploded with 80.4% growth in the past three years. Those older users may not be as desirable as teenagers, but they are more stable and less likely to leave. Once Grandma learns how to use Facebook and has all her birthdays and other items set up, she's not going to jump to SnapChat because it's cooler.

And while the 55+ plus crowd may not be as sought after by advertisers as 18-34 (sorry, CBS primetime), neither is 13-17. Realistically, if young people avoid Facebook because it's where their families exchange pictures and birthday messages, aren't they likely to join up as they move through the 18-34 years and those things start mattering more as they move away from home, get married, and have their own kids? Facebook may not be hip, but there's a pretty good chance that it's where your high school reunion is being discussed.

Pretty much exactly what I just said for myself.

Often wondered if Yeshua had been executed by sword if Christians would now have little swords dangling from their necks? Or if in modern time ad lethal injection, a little syringe? :)

Often wondered if Yeshua had been executed by sword if Christians would now have little swords dangling from their necks? Or if in modern time ad lethal injection, a little syringe? :)
what if he had been beheaded?

Forum List

Back