CDZ Social media has become too big to remain private.... YES or NO?

According to the American people, half of whom are racists, the worst and the best.

And back on topic: Fascist regimes are always the quickest to condemn the media, and usually the first to resort to censoring and even assassinations of media persons.

And back on topic: Fascist regimes are always the quickest to condemn the media, and usually the first to resort to censoring and even assassinations of media persons.

So, since fascists regimes were anti-press, it is impossible to voice any legitimate criticism of the media, in your mind?

So, since fascists regimes were anti-press, it is impossible to voice any legitimate criticism of the media, in your mind?
No, not at all. Criticize all you like and try to find some politically unbiased reason.

So many American wankers are getting so pathetic! The only you aren't a joke to the rest of the world is when you start bombing people in foreign lands.

No one is taking away your free speech. The 1st amendment does not give you rights to private property. It protects you from being silenced by the gov't.

Yes sir. I do support removing their (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) special legal protections for which true platforms are eligible as they are certainly publishers and NOT unbiased platforms. This forum is a platform, for example.
They are not publishers. They allow users to publish.
In the same way a newspaper allows readers to publish letters to the editor. IOW, they control the content by choosing who gets to publish and who gets banned for their opinions.

No one is taking away your free speech. The 1st amendment does not give you rights to private property. It protects you from being silenced by the gov't
but not manipulated by them WB

which is why there was so much ado when>>>

1667643435915.png

further, his journalism project greased every on line periodical in 7 countries

~S~

i think social media should be governed by regulations determined by regular referenda.
globally, per country, and even per state/province.
and then enforced by purely automated processes at private companies.

Given that internet access is no longer an option but a necessity....does it not follow that like electricity and access to fuel oils and gasses....social media has no become an need instead of a choice or a luxury? I for one am not in favor of government controlling anything.....but in the case of real necessities like heat and lights somebody has to oversee the process lest we get scalpers who deny access except for usurious payment.....likewise with the internet and social media.....Dominion has demonstrated that any politician who wants to win an election need only pay them for it. Is it time for a governing regulator specifically for the internet and social media as well?

What do you say?
Social media is not a "need" like electricity, water, sewers and roads.

I do not have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other type of account.

I could drop this message board and nothing would really change.

In fact this place has become quite boring since it's just the same people saying the same things over and over.

i think social media should be governed by regulations determined by regular referenda.
globally, per country, and even per state/province.
and then enforced by purely automated processes at private companies.
Because only government can tell us how to think properly.

How big does a private business have to get to be taken over by the gov't?

Is Exxon that big?
Is Ford?
Is Apple?

Social media is not a "need" like electricity, water, sewers and roads.

I do not have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other type of account.

I could drop this message board and nothing would really change.

In fact this place has become quite boring since it's just the same people saying the same things over and over.
All message boards are like that

IMHO

Forum List

Back