Social conservatives bite bullet, back Rudy

red states rule

May 30, 2006
It seems the liberal media was all wrong about social conservatives not backing Rudy

Social conservatives bite bullet, back Rudy

By: David Paul Kuhn

Forty-four percent of social conservatives in the Pew analysis believe that the former New York mayor has the "best chance" of becoming president in 2008. Less than half that figure, 19 percent, regard Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) as the most viable, despite twice as many social conservatives stating that McCain “comes closest” to their view on abortion. All other Republican candidates lagged far behind.

Giuliani is winning 30 percent of the social conservative bloc, compared to 22 percent for McCain. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney captured just 8 percent -- a figure that puts Romney in fourth place, behind former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is currently not a declared candidate.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0507/4226.html

Honestly RSR, I seriously doubt that the religious right would ever come out in droves to vote for Rudy Guilliani.... he has supported many things that social conservatives vehemently oppose and in addition to those things, with 3 marriages, and the way he treated his last wife in public when he decided to divorce her, is not a pretty picture to them either.

Rudy could win, I am not denying this, but I don't believe it will be due to the religious right...there may be some liberal vote going his way perhaps.

Care

Honestly RSR, I seriously doubt that the religious right would ever come out in droves to vote for Rudy Guilliani.... he has supported many things that social conservatives vehemently oppose and in addition to those things, with 3 marriages, and the way he treated his last wife in public when he decided to divorce her, is not a pretty picture to them either.

Rudy could win, I am not denying this, but I don't believe it will be due to the religious right...there may be some liberal vote going his way perhaps.

Care

Hillary has alot of baggage as well Care

If it comes down to Hillary VS Rudy - who do you think conservatoves will vote for?

Hillary will turn out alot of conservatives on Election Day Care

I know it is very early - right now Rudy leads Hillary in FL, PA, and NY

Hillary has alot of baggage as well Care

If it comes down to Hillary VS Rudy - who do you think conservatoves will vote for?

Hillary will turn out alot of conservatives on Election Day Care

I know it is very early - right now Rudy leads Hillary in FL, PA, and NY
I think you are right if Hillary is running against ANYONE but RUDY...

with Rudy, there would be no reason for the RR to go out and vote because he would be no higher morally to them... trust me, I have a brother in law that is a Pastor and RR all the way...and Hillary will bring him to the polls to vote, but NOT with Rudy running against her, he would just rather not vote at all than to pull the trigger for either of them.

Care

I am not predicting that Rudy can not win though, because I believe a great deal of the Gay Community vote may support him if he were a presidential candidate on the ticket....

I think he has some Liberal support...

I think you are right if Hillary is running against ANYONE but RUDY...

with Rudy, there would be no reason for the RR to go out and vote because he would be no higher morally to them... trust me, I have a brother in law that is a Pastor and RR all the way...and Hillary will bring him to the polls to vote, but NOT with Rudy running against her, he would just rather not vote at all than to pull the trigger for either of them.

Care

Time will tell

The way the Dems are stepping in it now with running Congress - a Dem as President would bring many Republicans out to vote against the Dem candidate

I do not want a replay of the Carter years with a liberal President and a liberal Congress

Forum List

Back