Soccer blows

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I played football, Little League Baseball, basketball, and soccer as a kid in the 1960s.

My parents were enthusiatic aboutgoing to all of my games except for the soccer.

Wondered why.

Know I know.

GOAAAAAAALLLLLL

I never thought of soccer as a very serious sport either...then I met my very own soccer dude... :redface:

Last edited:
Any sport where folks run around for two hours and maybe one point is scored is officially boring.

No sport should allow games to end in a tie.

When pretending to fall down in terrible agony is the most exciting thing to happen during a game, that's a boring sport right there.

Any sport where folks run around for two hours and maybe one point is scored is officially boring.

When pretending to fall down in terrible agony is the most exciting thing to happen during a game, that's a boring sport right there.

My stats prove otherwise....Put up your stats - people who follow the game, crowds at games etc for your sports .... :cool:

Baseball - boring as hell
American Football - stop, start, stop, start, stop start - a game that is supposed to be an hour that takes four
Ice hockey - can't see the puck!
Basketball - run down the court, shoot, run down the other end of hte court, shoot, then run down the other end of the court, shoot.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Football (soccer to you Yanks - note it is called FOOT ball - not "Ball in the hand ball" which is what American football is).
A game of immense skill where you try and put a ball in the back of the net using the two apendages on your body (and head) which were totally not built to carry/hold/pass any type of ball.....

No wonder it is the most popular game in the world....:cool:

I'm gonna skip the yellow and throw a red card down on you! :eusa_angel:

My stats prove otherwise....Put up your stats - :

Stats? Stats? Do you really think there are "stats" for something as subjective as opinions about what sport you find boring or not? You sound like you feel the need for justification for some reason...hmmm...

Since nothing is happening during the game, they have time to exchange nice little greeting cards.

"Dear Nigel,

Don't you wish someone would actually score a point in this game or something? I'm considering running to within a meter of Percy there and then throwing myself on the ground as if I'd been shot at close range. Let me know what you think of my performance after the game over tea.

Cheers,
Byron"

Since nothing is happening during the game, they have time to exchange nice little greeting cards.

"Dear Nigel,

Don't you wish someone would actually score a point in this game or something? I'm considering running to within a meter of Percy there and then throwing myself on the ground as if I'd been shot at close range. Let me know what you think of my performance after the game over tea.

Cheers,
Byron"

:lol: Are you really mocking out Brits?
Yellow card....kind of like having to sit in the penalty box @ a hockey game.
Red card....when the Ump throws a baseball player off the field.

actually soccer requires a great amount of skill....most Americans just suck at it. I played soccer all through my school years and not everyone can play soccer. Here it is a national sport..my son has played since he was big enough to kick a ball...about 14 months...now he plays daily in the street with his friends. I hate American football, it is boring, lasts too long and is a stupid reason for some idiots to get drunk. Baseball? Are you kidding?

actually soccer requires a great amount of skill....most Americans just suck at it.

Most Americans ignore it. Soccer is something for our women and children to play at. Our men engage in real sports.

I do live in Honduras...but I am from the US. Something that women engage in? You have never played soccer have you? After all a broken leg because you got kicked isn't exactly fun...but I don't consider it manly to push your opponent and throw around a ball in the air either...

Why anyone would want to sit around and watch people chase a ball, or hit a ball with a stick, or toss a ball through a hoop is beyond me.

Life's too short to watch sports on the boob tube.

Something that women engage in? ...

Yes. It is suitable light exercise for women. Our women folk actually do quite well at it, while our men focus on more challenging and vigorous sports.

New Topics

Forum List

Back