So, You Think The Media Is Not Biased

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Well, more proof the MSM is biased toward the left

Journalists dole out cash to politicians (quietly)
News organizations diverge on handling of political activism by staff

By Bill Dedman
Investigative reporter
MSNBC
Updated: 2 hours, 47 minutes ago

BOSTON - A CNN reporter gave $500 to John Kerry's campaign the same month he was embedded with the U.S. Army in Iraq. An assistant managing editor at Forbes magazine not only sent $2,000 to Republicans, but also volunteers as a director of an ExxonMobil-funded group that questions global warming. A junior editor at Dow Jones Newswires gave $1,036 to the liberal group MoveOn.org and keeps a blog listing "people I don't like," starting with George Bush, Pat Robertson, the Christian Coalition, the NRA and corporate America ("these are the people who are really in charge").

Whether you sample your news feed from ABC or CBS (or, yes, even NBC and MSNBC), whether you prefer Fox News Channel or National Public Radio, The Wall Street Journal or The New Yorker, some of the journalists feeding you are also feeding cash to politicians, parties or political action committees.

MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left: 125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties.

for the complete article

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113485

I just finished reading this article, needless to say, it only verified what I already suspected. For years I have made an effort to get my news from multiple sources, then find the middle. That is usually where the truth can be found.

The List

I just finished reading this article, needless to say, it only verified what I already suspected. For years I have made an effort to get my news from multiple sources, then find the middle. That is usually where the truth can be found.

The List

I am looking forward to the libs trying to spin and dismiss the article

I guess, much like cops, teachers, doctors, businesmen etc etc, reporters can't have political affiliations outside of their jobs..

indeed..

I bet you wouldnt apply the same standard when looking at who, exactly, everyone at fox news donated to...

I guess, much like cops, teachers, doctors, businesmen etc etc, reporters can't have political affiliations outside of their jobs..

indeed..

I bet you wouldnt apply the same standard when looking at who, exactly, everyone at fox news donated to...

"Reporters" in the liberal media allow there personal views to slant the news they report on

That is the difference

I'll save them some time.

Just because they donate to the Democrats doesn't mean their reporting is biased. It is possible for them not to inject their personal feelings into their reporting.

And to some degree I think that is true. I certainly think that most try. But don't tell me that there are some who are just as guilty of being partisan as Sean Hannity (Who, I would like to point out, is not a news reporter, he is a commentator/analyst/partisan hack).

Oh how I loathe Sean Hannity. Colmes too for that matter.

I'll save them some time.

Just because they donate to the Democrats doesn't mean their reporting is biased. It is possible for them not to inject their personal feelings into their reporting.

And to some degree I think that is true. I certainly think that most try. But don't tell me that there are some who are just as guilty of being partisan as Sean Hannity (Who, I would like to point out, is not a news reporter, he is a commentator/analyst/partisan hack).

Oh how I loathe Sean Hannity. Colmes too for that matter.

What is wrong with Sean?

He has been blasting Republicans and Pres Bush, for years over many different issues

"Reporters" in the liberal media allow there personal views to slant the news they report on

That is the difference

can you prove that or is this where we all nod off into RSR land?

so, do cops do the same thing when being politically active?

queue the same ole tired liberal bashing generalizations...

:eusa_dance:

What is wrong with Sean?

He has been blasting Republicans and Pres Bush, for years over many different issues

HA!
yea.. republicans like Lincoln Chafey who were not towing the line...

again, anyone want to take any bets on who FOXS NEWS talking heads donate to?

hmmm.. what makes me know that ole RSR wont apply the same criticism to FOX as he falls over himself to apply to "liberal media"...

predictable.

HA!
yea.. republicans like Lincoln Chafey who were not towing the line...

again, anyone want to take any bets on who FOXS NEWS talking heads donate to?

hmmm.. what makes me know that ole RSR wont apply the same criticism to FOX as he falls over himself to apply to "liberal media"...

predictable.

try the Republican Congress over spending, their arrorgrance over not listening to their base, Pres Bush over not vetoing those bills and immigration, and not putting more troops in Iraq years ago

indeed..

O'Reilly, Hannity, Colmes and their ilk do not, as a rule, report the news, they are commentators who do some news analysis, which always seems to inherantly biased depending on your political leanings, so to me who they contribute to is irrelevant. Just from what I've seen of them I know who they contribute to. The only person I would watch on Fox News for news would be Shephard Smith. Judging from the times I've watched Shep, he has been fair and relatively neutral. I consider the rest of the stuff on FNC to be analysis and commentary. Unless the news is hot and breaking, Fox is pretty much where you want to go if you want someone to tell you what you should be thinking.

O'Reilly, Hannity, Colmes and their ilk do not, as a rule, report the news, they are commentators who do some news analysis, which always seems to inherantly biased depending on your political leanings, so to me who they contribute to is irrelevant. Just from what I've seen of them I know who they contribute to. The only person I would watch on Fox News for news would be Shephard Smith. Judging from the times I've watched Shep, he has been fair and relatively neutral. I consider the rest of the stuff on FNC to be analysis and commentary. Unless the news is hot and breaking, Fox is pretty much where you want to go if you want someone to tell you what you should be thinking.

Oh come on. You are smarter then that

Fox News gives both sides of the issues - not the one sided liberal slant you get from the others

O'Reilly, and Hannity have been all over Republicans for years on the mistakes they have made

so hannity, who calls his "news and information" radio show the "stop hillary express" can donate to republicans and that is fine, but if a CNN guy donates to democrats, that is somehow "proof" that the main stream media has a liberal bias?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rsr logic. it really is quite funny!

try the Republican Congress over spending, their arrorgrance over not listening to their base, Pres Bush over not vetoing those bills and immigration, and not putting more troops in Iraq years ago

yea, nothing like a little hind sight DISTANCING of onesself to really make it look like they have done nothing but pander for the last 6 years...

suuuuuuuuuure, dude.

say.. did you want to guess which party gets the most money from those who work at fox news or did you want to just go ahead and hope that no one brought that back up?

so hannity, who calls his "news and information" radio show the "stop hillary express" can donate to republicans and that is fine, but if a CNN guy donates to democrats, that is somehow "proof" that the main stream media has a liberal bias?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rsr logic. it really is quite funny!

You must only heard Sean talking about Hillary and not his attacks on the Republicans

MM does have selective hearing as well as selective outrage

yea, nothing like a little hind sight DISTANCING of onesself to really make it look like they have done nothing but pander for the last 6 years...

suuuuuuuuuure, dude.

say.. did you want to guess which party gets the most money from those who work at fox news or did you want to just go ahead and hope that no one brought that back up?

Dean has been all over Republicans for years

If you want to know if Fox News reporters give money to Republicns - do your own research

it is disingenuous to seperate the majority of talking heads from the rest of the cast when the network is billed as a NEWS CHANNEL. Editorial or news it doesn't matter when their programming consists of more bias than any other source combined. Fuck, isn't the FACT of more than 3 EDITORIALISTS are on any given evening schedule who ALWAYS, without fail, try to polish the republican turd? Pretending that Sean Hannity doesn't bias the "news" channel and isnt a perfect example of laughable irony when bitching about other media outlets is a joke.

it is disingenuous to seperate the majority of talking heads from the rest of the cast when the network is billed as a NEWS CHANNEL. Editorial or news it doesn't matter when their programming consists of more bias than any other source combined. Fuck, isn't the FACT of more than 3 EDITORIALISTS are on any given evening schedule who ALWAYS, without fail, try to polish the republican turd? Pretending that Sean Hannity doesn't bias the "news" channel and isnt a perfect example of laughable irony when bitching about other media outlets is a joke.

The liberal media puts their opinions in their front page stories everyday

Are you upset over that?

Dean has been all over Republicans for years

If you want to know if Fox News reporters give money to Republicns - do your own research

all of a sudden you are not at all interested in the political donation of those in the (fox) media, eh?

WOW, SHOCKER.

poor guy, did you just get bitchslapped with strong logic?

:rofl:

What is wrong with Sean?

He just gets on my nerves. He's been banging the same drum for years, everything is Clinton's fault, everything is the Democrats fault, and he keeps getting louder and more shrill with each passing year.

I don't agree with much of the ideas espoused by the Democrats, but I believe that both parties have led us to where we are today, hand in hand they have merrily skipped down a path of partisan politics and infighting all the while refusing to listen to the voices of the people who elected them. Case in point, this immigration/amnesty bill. The outcry from the public stymied it recently, but now Harry Reid says he will bring it back, while Trent Lott decries talk radio and it's power to control the people. Couldn't the truth be much more simple? Couldn't just be possible that the American people think the bill is a bad idea and wrong for America? Not according to our senators. They believe the American public is to stupid to come to this conclusion so talk radio must have told us to think this.

Oops, sorry about the rant. :redface:

Sean Hannity just gets on my nerves. LOL

Forum List

Back