So you think the government should have a say in marriage?

No, I don't.

I also think marriage should have no bearing on taxes.

As long as the government has a financial interest in marriage, expect such bureaucracy.

Remove one, and the other must fall.

No, I don't.

I also think marriage should have no bearing on taxes.

As long as the government has a financial interest in marriage, expect such bureaucracy.

Remove one, and the other must fall.

A lot of gays do though.

They already have a say, they've always had a say.

OK but what if this passes into law and gay couples in that state are not deemed compatible and denies those two couples the right to "marry" then what will be said about that?

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe some of you idiots wouldn't get married if you knew what it actually entailed.

It kind of reminds me of those guys who wanted to close the country club when they were told that blacks and Jews should be allowed to join.

Okay, let's be honest, you guys didn't have any problem with civil marriage until the courts started saying you had to let the gays have it as well.

Marriage is merely a property contract so it shouldn't matter what the sex of the people are.

Government in marriage was never an issue until gays decided they wanted the same rights. Now "conservatives" are pretending like they opposed government involvement in marriage all along.

No...our government should neither condone or condemn any marriage.

Gay's will find out that their fight for the right to "marry" will have backfired

NO, not really.

You can stomp your little feet all day, but the fact is, gay marriage will be the law of the land in all 50 states by 2020.

Stomp my feet? :lol: No just throwing the question out their what will happen (if this becomes law) two gay couples deemed incompatible and denied the right to "marriage" what then? will gays stomp their feet and clinch their fist?

Gay's will find out that their fight for the right to "marry" will have backfired

NO, not really.

You can stomp your little feet all day, but the fact is, gay marriage will be the law of the land in all 50 states by 2020.

Stomp my feet? :lol: No just throwing the question out their what will happen (if this becomes law) two gay couples deemed incompatible and denied the right to "marriage" what then? will gays stomp their feet and clinch their fist?

I doubt these marriage classes will ever happen, but if they did, they'd better have a pile of paperwork to prove anyone is "incompatable", or there'd be hell to pay.

So, no, I don't worry about it.

NO, not really.

I doubt these marriage classes will ever happen, but if they did, they'd better have a pile of paperwork to prove anyone is "incompatable", or there'd be hell to pay.

So, no, I don't worry about it.

OH? You doubt? :lol:

Just being blunt here, guy.

Here's the thing about marriage licenses... they are actually a major source of revenue for the states.

And putting an onerous requirement on them would be encouraging people to just cross state lines for marriage licences.

For instance, when IL required HIV screenings for couples applying for marriage licenses, the number of marriage licenses dropped, not because there was a huge number of straight couples with HIV back in the 1990's, but because it was an extra bother and expense and really, none of the state's damned business.

So after watching Indiana and Wisconsin get a lot of IL couples driving over, IL repealled the law because it was stupid.

Forum List

Back