So Wisconsin?

I've seen a lot of the conservatives here claiming it's the Democrats who are politicizing this pandemic, but this plainly political maneuver by the GOP to depress voter turnout in the state is not just reprehensible but it's clearly dangerous.

How does this advantage Republicans, Brainiac?
I will pretend this is an honest question. Demographically speaking it's been shown that Republicans benefit from low voter turnout. What Do Republicans Have Against High-Turnout Elections? Everything
But hey just pretend you don't know that the GOP has actively tried to suppress voting in numerous states.

It's a freaking primary dip shit, not a general election.

I've seen a lot of the conservatives here claiming it's the Democrats who are politicizing this pandemic, but this plainly political maneuver by the GOP to depress voter turnout in the state is not just reprehensible but it's clearly dangerous.

I will pretend this is an honest question. Demographically speaking it's been shown that Republicans benefit from low voter turnout. What Do Republicans Have Against High-Turnout Elections? Everything
But hey just pretend you don't know that the GOP has actively tried to suppress voting in numerous states.

Yeah so why force people to go out? There are local things being voted on that those people might care about. Looks like there was a WI Supreme Court vote on there.

It is difficult to imagine more stupidity packed into one little thread.

(a) To anyone not a total moron, the Governor of Wisconsin LACKS THE LEGAL AUTHORITY to change the timing of the primary. The Wisconsin Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court have emphatically re-stated this obvious fact.

(b) Enforcing the fucking law is not "reckless endangerment."

(c) There is no POLITICAL benefit whatsoever to the Republican Party to suppress voter turnout in this primary. The Republican primary is mainly meaningless, and the Democrat primary is a foregone conclusion.

The condition is analogous to what would have occurred had their been a blizzard today in Wisconsin. Few people able to get to the polls, an element of danger in traveling around. In short, not that big a deal. Furthermore, there is no doubt that the poll workers will do everything humanly possible to make voting safe. NOBODY could satisfy the neurotic "demands" of Leftist fear mongers, but non-crazy people would not be too intimidated to vote.

We'll see how it goes, eh?

Yeah so why force people to go out? There are local things being voted on that those people might care about. Looks like there was a WI Supreme Court vote on there.

Why not if they observe proper precautions? Life must go on.

What our Governor should have done was send out absentee ballots to all registered voters about three weeks ago.

That's the last thing that should have been done. And the WI legislature was correct in not allowing the primary to be
changed. The Dems are looking for anything to get illegal people filling out absentee forms. They would use this
primary as a precedent.

They can't now.

It is difficult to imagine more stupidity packed into one little thread.

(a) To anyone not a total moron, the Governor of Wisconsin LACKS THE LEGAL AUTHORITY to change the timing of the primary. The Wisconsin Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court have emphatically re-stated this obvious fact.

(b) Enforcing the fucking law is not "reckless endangerment."

(c) There is no POLITICAL benefit whatsoever to the Republican Party to suppress voter turnout in this primary. The Republican primary is mainly meaningless, and the Democrat primary is a foregone conclusion.

The condition is analogous to what would have occurred had their been a blizzard today in Wisconsin. Few people able to get to the polls, an element of danger in traveling around. In short, not that big a deal. Furthermore, there is no doubt that the poll workers will do everything humanly possible to make voting safe. NOBODY could satisfy the neurotic "demands" of Leftist fear mongers, but non-crazy people would not be too intimidated to vote.

We'll see how it goes, eh?
A. Having a legal right to do something or denying someone else from doing something does not mean it's a good idea to do so. By the way, the GOP in Wisconsin is the same GOP that voted during their lame-duck session to limit the governers powers. I call changing the rules of a game after you lose it cheating. So reminding us how limited the governors' powers are is not exactly needed. It does still include being in charge of the response to an emergency. Something this vote violates.

B. Reckless endangerment is not applicable here because it does not extend to political parties. That doesn't mean it doesn't violate the spirit of the law. If a person purposefully would send anyone to anywhere where there is a decent chance they would catch a disease that kills one in a hundred and puts one in twenty on a ventilator, not to mention the fact that spreading this thing is what everybody is trying to prevent. Reckless endangerment is an apt description

C. An extra conservative state Supreme Court judge seems a pretty big price especially since that seat comes with a deciding vote on a law designed to suppress voting in 2020. Wisconsin, by the way, favored the Democrats by 190000 votes in 2016 yet, as a result, the state assembly went to the GOP 64 to 35. See something wrong with that math?

As to your, it's safe enough argument. Milwaukee is going from well over a hundred polling places to five. How do you suggest they do at all let alone safely?Why Wisconsin Republicans Insisted on an Election in a Pandemic

This was not short. It also countered every single one of your points.

Since this is a primary election i see no way it benefits either side and believe this is anoth tds trol thread.
the op gets the iggy award.. .the dumbass
There's a state Supreme court judge to win. But hey don't let a little thing like that stand in the way of calling people names. The rest of the trolls will surely applaud you for it.

Because it’s impossible to follow proper precautions during the election as the Republicans demanded it be done with no thought for any accommodation during an unprecedented national emergency.

The GOP in Wisconsin has decided to go ahead with Tuesday's election this despite the governor of the state wanting a postponement and a statewide stay at home order being in place. I just wonder why? During a time when the risk of holding such an election is substantial and real. I can agree to disagree on a whole lot of issues but this should be pretty straightforward.

The dead will still vote democrat

Worse. SCOTUS took this case up I’m just DAYS to force this.
Funny how they can act so quickly when they want to

have they ruled on Trump’s taxes yet?

Because it’s impossible to follow proper precautions during the election as the Republicans demanded it be done with no thought for any accommodation during an unprecedented national emergency.

Guess what child, the WI supreme court said the election had to go ahead, the Governor didn't have the authority to delay it. And yeah, they took a lot of precautions and they had hand sanitizer available for every one. You hacks are still grasping at any straw you can "dream up", you're really pathetic.

Forum List

Back