So why are schools closing when as of 6/21/21 among the 74 million school age children (under 18) there were ONLY 209 deaths?

And the point was they are already safe. COVID represents virtually zero risk to children.
We know that's false

MANY get sick and hundreds have died. NOt to mention hefact that sick kids infect parents families teachers and school staff

We know that's false

MANY get sick and hundreds have died. NOt to mention hefact that sick kids infect parents families teachers and school staff
Uh, we do know it is true as has already been pointed out. Flu kills more children every year than COVID has. Pneumonia kills more children every year than COVID has.

2 things that have such low risk factors that we do literally nothing whatsoever in the school system to mitigate that risk. So we do, indeed, know that COVID does not present an outsized risk to children. That is simply a fact at this point.

now I have 2 grand children who got covid. they are doing great! one requested I bring a big Mac meal, the other subway and a root beer float. they are partying like it's 1999 cause they are not in school and encouraged to go swim in the pool.

oh those Florida cases of kid covid are scary as Halloween. (rolling my eyes)

now I have 2 grand children who got covid. they are doing great! one requested I bring a big Mac meal, the other subway and a root beer float. they are partying like it's 1999 cause they are not in school and encouraged to go swim in the pool.

oh those Florida cases of kid covid are scary as Halloween. (rolling my eyes)
How you gonna feel if those kids end up being some of the unlucky ones that get REALLY sick or die?

Still chuckling?

How about if they get YOU or their parents sick?

According to this web site:
Among states reporting,
children were 0.00%-0.25% of all COVID-19 deaths,
and 7 states reported zero child deaths.

Now the biased MSM doesn't tell you but as of today of the
694,637 COVID deaths in USA
0.0300% (from above) total deaths under age 18.. 209.

That's it! And yet we have school closings?

At least 1,000 US schools have closed due to Covid since late July: report​

At least 1,000 schools across 31 states have closed down due to COVID-19 since classes began to resume in late July,
The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing data service Burbio.

OK...OK.. so we haven't heard only 209 deaths..

BUT wait... from the above website:
  • Among states reporting, children ranged from 1.6%-4.2% of their total cumulated hospitalizations,
So how many hospitalized COVID cases in USA:...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 24,246 Hospitalized cases... hmmm so 4.2% under age 18 or 1,018 hospitalized.
Hmmm... so less than 209 deaths, 1,018 hospitalized of under 18 and yet we have schools closing?

Have these schools followed the FACTS?
Now here's a FACT:
  • The Clark County school district in Nevada announced a plan to phase in students for in-person learning after a rise in student suicides, The New York Times reported.
  • The district has seen 18 suicides in nine months since it closed schools in March of last year.
By the way the number of COVID deaths in Nevada under age 18 so far from 2020-today...
It was always the plan to close the schools again. They were just opened long enough for teachers to justify taxpayers paying them to stay home again. This way they still pay their union due and the union still donates/buys politicians who allow and arrange this bs.

How you gonna feel if those kids end up being some of the unlucky ones that get REALLY sick or die?

Still chuckling?

About the same as if they get hit by a car on their way to school? Bad, but life requires living and living is a chance.

It was always the plan to close the schools again. They were just opened long enough for teachers to justify taxpayers paying them to stay home again. This way they still pay their union due and the union still donates/buys politicians who allow and arrange this bs.
Ducking nutjob shit

Still chuckling?

You act like everyone lives forever?! Is it too much for you to understand that people die from the flu everyday, pneumonia everyday, a litany of other respiratory problems, but the simple truth is COVID is not as deadly as it’s been made to believe. I am not going to live in fear of this, most people agree, if you don’t want to agree, fine by me, don’t ruin the world over a virus that 99% recover from…

According to this web site:
Among states reporting,
children were 0.00%-0.25% of all COVID-19 deaths,
and 7 states reported zero child deaths.

Now the biased MSM doesn't tell you but as of today of the
694,637 COVID deaths in USA
0.0300% (from above) total deaths under age 18.. 209.

That's it! And yet we have school closings?

At least 1,000 US schools have closed due to Covid since late July: report​

At least 1,000 schools across 31 states have closed down due to COVID-19 since classes began to resume in late July,
The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday, citing data service Burbio.

OK...OK.. so we haven't heard only 209 deaths..

BUT wait... from the above website:
  • Among states reporting, children ranged from 1.6%-4.2% of their total cumulated hospitalizations,
So how many hospitalized COVID cases in USA:...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 24,246 Hospitalized cases... hmmm so 4.2% under age 18 or 1,018 hospitalized.
Hmmm... so less than 209 deaths, 1,018 hospitalized of under 18 and yet we have schools closing?

Have these schools followed the FACTS?
Now here's a FACT:
  • The Clark County school district in Nevada announced a plan to phase in students for in-person learning after a rise in student suicides, The New York Times reported.
  • The district has seen 18 suicides in nine months since it closed schools in March of last year.
By the way the number of COVID deaths in Nevada under age 18 so far from 2020-today...
1D317BAD-C7E0-42BF-8B76-24134B606F80.jpeg

We know that's false

How can they infect adults when they are all vaccinated?

Still chuckling?

Likely they would feel the same as if one of them died from pneumonia.

And they would send the other child back to school without a single mitigating measure after because even if one person dies from something that does not change the underlying risk factors associated with it, just like with COVID.

Risk factors that you are still ignoring.

You act like everyone lives forever?! Is it too much for you to understand that people die from the flu everyday, pneumonia everyday, a litany of other respiratory problems, but the simple truth is COVID is not as deadly as it’s been made to believe. I am not going to live in fear of this, most people agree, if you don’t want to agree, fine by me, don’t ruin the world over a virus that 99% recover from…
So death doesn' matter to you folks?

Interesting

Likely they would feel the same as if one of them died from pneumonia.

And they would send the other child back to school without a single mitigating measure after because even if one person dies from something that does not change the underlying risk factors associated with it, just like with COVID.

Risk factors that you are still ignoring.
one of my grandkids just tested negative , the other has got a cough. neither parent got sick. kids don't make adults sick.

How many dead kids (not to mention teachers and staff) are enough for you?

Children die of flu every year. Lesh explains to all of us "How many dead kids (not to mention teachers and staff) are enough for you?"

You're a bum Lesh.

one of my grandkids just tested negative , the other has got a cough. neither parent got sick. kids don't make adults sick.
More importantly, why is this the prime concern.

What is really and truly jarring is that this is the only time I can remember in my lifetime where we have openly advocated harming children for the sake of protecting adults. It is truly insane. Virtually nowhere is anyone talking about how we ensure children get the education, interaction and interpersonal skills they need to succeed. Instead, they are solely worried that adults may face a minute risk. As the vaccine is available and free to everyone, as it lowers your risk to virtually nothing, we are willingly harming kids without any real risk reduction to anyone.

Does the vaccine work? According to those backing draconian school rules (rules that the entire planet has walked away from because they do not comport with the science) it works wonderfully. So well, in fact, they back mandates to take it. That takes away any reason to screw over yet another entire year in the most informative years of a child's entire life.

More importantly, why is this the prime concern.

What is really and truly jarring is that this is the only time I can remember in my lifetime where we have openly advocated harming children for the sake of protecting adults. It is truly insane. Virtually nowhere is anyone talking about how we ensure children get the education, interaction and interpersonal skills they need to succeed. Instead, they are solely worried that adults may face a minute risk. As the vaccine is available and free to everyone, as it lowers your risk to virtually nothing, we are willingly harming kids without any real risk reduction to anyone.

Does the vaccine work? According to those backing draconian school rules (rules that the entire planet has walked away from because they do not comport with the science) it works wonderfully. So well, in fact, they back mandates to take it. That takes away any reason to screw over yet another entire year in the most informative years of a child's entire life.
Having kids wear masks is not harming them

Forum List

Back