So Where will you go? The coming mass migrations due to Anthropogenic Climate Change

Excerpts from the link:

“... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

....... What I found was a nation on the cusp of a great transformation. Across the United States, some 162 million people — nearly one in two — will most likely experience a decline in the quality of their environment, namely more heat and less water. For 93 million of them, the changes could be particularly severe, and by 2070, our analysis suggests, if carbon emissions rise at extreme levels, at least four million Americans could find themselves living at the fringe, in places decidedly outside the ideal niche for human life. The cost of resisting the new climate reality is mounting. Florida officials have already acknowledged that defending some roadways against the sea will be unaffordable. And the nation’s federal flood-insurance program is for the first time requiring that some of its payouts be used to retreat from climate threats across the country. It will soon prove too expensive to maintain the status quo.

.... Then what? One influential 2018 study, published in The Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, suggests that one in 12 Americans in the Southern half of the country will move toward California, the Mountain West or the Northwest over the next 45 years because of climate influences alone.....

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem......”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The author concludes these states will be the beneficiaries of a hotter climate:

“The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north”.

**********************************************************************************************
It's coming. You know it is.

Nowhere because the entire premise is a lie.

"So where will you go?"

Well, if you're a wealthy, powerful liberal, you'll buy a beach house.

Miami New Construction Condos

NameNeighborhoodMin PriceMax PriceSales
1000 Museum 1000 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, F ...Downtown Miami$4,390,000$18,800,000Sales (12)
57 Ocean Miami Beach 5775 Collins Ave. M ...Miami Beach$2,575,000$35,000,000Sales (6)
Alton Bay Miami Beach 3900 Alton Rd. Mia ...Miami Beach$0$0Sales (0)
Aria on the Bay 1770 N. Bayshore Dr. Mia ...Edgewater$350,000$5,900,000Sales (83)

Just WOW...

The last 20 years has been flat in temperature rise... ZERO RISE... At this pace we will fry in about.......

What I find amusing is they are prediciting a 5 deg C rise over the next 5 years.. No way in hell that happens in our buffered based climactic system without the sun increaseing by about 50 W/m^2...

In the last 40 years, we have had at least a 4 degree temp increase and a severe droop in rainfall. The repercussions of that to other states that depend on our water is severe. Don't let a little fact get in the way of your delusion.

No we haven't.

"So where will you go?"

1000 Museum 1000 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, F ...Downtown Miami$4,390,000$18,800,000Sales (12)
57 Ocean Miami Beach 5775 Collins Ave. M ...Miami Beach$2,575,000$35,000,000Sales (6)
Aria on the Bay 1770 N. Bayshore Dr. Mia ...Edgewater$350,000$5,900,000Sales (83)

Don't forget the hundreds of millions being spent on international airports all over the Maldives which are supposed to be under water in 10 years. Nobody spends that much money on an investment that could never pay itself off.

"So where will you go?"

Don't forget the hundreds of millions being spent on international airports all over the Maldives which are supposed to be under water in 10 years. Nobody spends that much money on an investment that could never pay itself off.

What's that one island in the Maldives that looks like a fully built out Sim City thing?? THAT is why they are begging for money... They are Environmental saboteurs looking for easy marks to subsidize their island destruction...

AH yeah.. MALE -- this aint photoshopped.. It's an environmental fuck-up SO BAD -- it needs to be shown to all those "islands are threatened" know-nothings... And they WANT money from the West "to save them from the rising ocean",...

OIP.nfTg_16U2Uzyqj_6h2EBTgHaFf

Here's the "newer airport" on an adjacent island.

OIP.H736sKySyF8GVWyPzQUoaAHaER

Excerpts from the link:

“... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

....... What I found was a nation on the cusp of a great transformation. Across the United States, some 162 million people — nearly one in two — will most likely experience a decline in the quality of their environment, namely more heat and less water. For 93 million of them, the changes could be particularly severe, and by 2070, our analysis suggests, if carbon emissions rise at extreme levels, at least four million Americans could find themselves living at the fringe, in places decidedly outside the ideal niche for human life. The cost of resisting the new climate reality is mounting. Florida officials have already acknowledged that defending some roadways against the sea will be unaffordable. And the nation’s federal flood-insurance program is for the first time requiring that some of its payouts be used to retreat from climate threats across the country. It will soon prove too expensive to maintain the status quo.

.... Then what? One influential 2018 study, published in The Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, suggests that one in 12 Americans in the Southern half of the country will move toward California, the Mountain West or the Northwest over the next 45 years because of climate influences alone.....

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem......”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The author concludes these states will be the beneficiaries of a hotter climate:

“The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north”.

**********************************************************************************************
Well since we are about to kick out 300,000 thousand losers, I’d say they better go to Canada hah

Excerpts from the link

... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem.”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north.

So the only solution is more government, less freedom, and less quality of life.

This isn't the movies, climate doesn't change overnight, or even over decade, it takes centuries, and people can adjust.

What we shouldn't do is let watermelons like you define the "only way" to save ourselves.
The author’s prognostications take place within 60 years. You have it backward. There will be more government, less freedom and less quality of of life in the future if we do nothing about anthropogenic climate change NOW.

And the only cure is more government, less freedom, and lower quality of life.

And of course Marxism, lots and lots of Marxism.

Climate change should never be political.

The whole concept is political.

For AGW alarmists the only cure is Marxism.

Excerpts from the link

... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem.”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Nothing else is working for Biden so out comes the old Climate Change bull shit.. And the paper cited has no proof of anything they are spouting.... BRAVO!! more baseless propaganda...

All I have to do is watch the 5pm News Weather Report. Guess what, it's warmer by at least 5 degrees, our water table is low, the percipitation below normal and the damned mountains are burning to the ground. We have just had 4 Record Forest Fires this year. And NOW they are saying we are entering into the forest fire season.

The fires aren't caused by an increase in temperature but by an increase in arsonists taking advantage of nut job enviros.

The fires here were caused by natural causes like lighting strikes. One was cause by a car pulling off into the side of the road with a hot exhaust. If we had normal rainfall and temperatures these either would not have set off the blazes or they would not have gone into the raging fires.

As for temperatures affecting, you have never seen a fire at night. A normal Fire will actually go into a form off hibernation at night due to the lower temperatures. These Super Fires do die down a bit but not enough to make a difference because the night time temps are also unseasonably high as well.

As for humans starting them, that does happen and it's not usually done by a pyro. If it's done by a human, it's usually done by a sloppy camper or some idiot tossing a lit cigarette out the window. Or some idiot with fireworks.

Now, exactly who gave you your information or is it the first stupid thought that popped into your mind and you just had to type it out?
I am a lifelong Californian. We have normal temperatures and rainfall. The last two summers have been a bit cool except for ten days or so. We knew. That is ordinary Californians knew from the beginning that the policies of insane environmentalists were going to cause massive wildfires. We always knew that laws prohibiting the removal of dead brush from around homes was dangerous. The bark beetle is NOT endangered. It kills trees.

Two dozen people have been caught so far setting these massive fires. Send them to Gitmo to await execution.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

So the only solution is more government, less freedom, and less quality of life.

This isn't the movies, climate doesn't change overnight, or even over decade, it takes centuries, and people can adjust.

What we shouldn't do is let watermelons like you define the "only way" to save ourselves.
The author’s prognostications take place within 60 years. You have it backward. There will be more government, less freedom and less quality of of life in the future if we do nothing about anthropogenic climate change NOW.

Freedom and govt have NOTHING to do with Climate change. WHY? Because the scary projections that play on people's fears have been DOWNGRADED for DECADES now.. You should have spent your time NOT researching "where ya gonna go" and instead -- follow the science..

Sea level rise projected DOWN by a factor of 3 to 6 since 1985.. Temperatures DOWN in 2100 by a factor of 2 to 4.. At the current rate of sea level rise for example -- the water at the shore will be 6 to 8 INCHES higher in 2060... And Antarctica MAY MELT a bit -- but just in the past 8 years or so the "Science Says" -- it would more likely be from ACTIVE VOLCANIC ACTIVITY under the West Ant. Ice shelf than by Global Warming..

And the NYTimes playing on your FEARS with that opening pic of the Cali fires? -- GW plays almost no role.. MORE important factors are LAND USE issues -- causing MORE PEOPLE and infrastructure to live in proximity to fire prone areas and BAD non-scientific theories of forest management purveyed by leftist lunatics that want NO "forest/wilderness management"...

LOTS of reasons why the GW circus train is stalled on the tracks.. Because the "level of crisis" is NOWHERE NEAR what the original hysteria and hype predicted.. But old outdated scary shit on the internet and bad public school indoctrination, and shady moronic politicians like AOC telling kids they have 12 years to live have been LARGELY REJECTED as the hype they are.. And excuses for BIGGER GOVT programs that have zilch to do with the environment or GWeirding..

You can sit on the train.. But it aint going anywhere fast these days...

You may wish to listen to an old High Country Rancher on this one. Yes, Mother Nature does have her way. And we have to cooperate with her. But we can also help her. On the flip side, we can do things to harm her. When things are going bad, like they do, we can eccellerate things or lessen the impact just by our actions. We call it God's Country and we don't own it, we are the caretakers. And we aren't doing a very good job lately. And Mother nature is pissed.

Excerpts from the link:

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

OP, yes, but not from climate so much. It is from dems legalizing 22 million illegals and the illegals bringing in 60 million more with chain migration.

Realize this filthy dems. Lots of the world was already under water millions of years ago with no man-made global warming.

mexico under fence llr.jpg

We don't need to save the earth from global warming...we need to save America from filthy dems.

2020 Democratic Party llr.jpg

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

Nothing else is working for Biden so out comes the old Climate Change bull shit.. And the paper cited has no proof of anything they are spouting.... BRAVO!! more baseless propaganda...

All I have to do is watch the 5pm News Weather Report. Guess what, it's warmer by at least 5 degrees, our water table is low, the percipitation below normal and the damned mountains are burning to the ground. We have just had 4 Record Forest Fires this year. And NOW they are saying we are entering into the forest fire season.

The fires aren't caused by an increase in temperature but by an increase in arsonists taking advantage of nut job enviros.

The fires here were caused by natural causes like lighting strikes. One was cause by a car pulling off into the side of the road with a hot exhaust. If we had normal rainfall and temperatures these either would not have set off the blazes or they would not have gone into the raging fires.

As for temperatures affecting, you have never seen a fire at night. A normal Fire will actually go into a form off hibernation at night due to the lower temperatures. These Super Fires do die down a bit but not enough to make a difference because the night time temps are also unseasonably high as well.

As for humans starting them, that does happen and it's not usually done by a pyro. If it's done by a human, it's usually done by a sloppy camper or some idiot tossing a lit cigarette out the window. Or some idiot with fireworks.

Now, exactly who gave you your information or is it the first stupid thought that popped into your mind and you just had to type it out?
I am a lifelong Californian. We have normal temperatures and rainfall. The last two summers have been a bit cool except for ten days or so. We knew. That is ordinary Californians knew from the beginning that the policies of insane environmentalists were going to cause massive wildfires. We always knew that laws prohibiting the removal of dead brush from around homes was dangerous. The bark beetle is NOT endangered. It kills trees.

Two dozen people have been caught so far setting these massive fires. Send them to Gitmo to await execution.

We have just went through 4 of the worst forest fires in Colorado History. We DO have higher temps. We also have drier conditions. Our rivers are insanely low. The Snow Caps are melting faster than they should which will affect the water for years to come. And we have millions of acres of forest burnt off which will also affect whether the snow will stick and not prematurely find it's way to lower areas and melt off early. Our Snow fall is below normal. Our temps are anywhere from 4 to 8 degrees higher than normal and have been going up for the last few years. AT first, it was 1 or 2 degrees, not anything to worry about, said some. But now it's 4 to 8 and now it's time to worry. WE almost have all fires either out of under control. Our air has been toxic for months now but it's better. But it's still hazy. And do you want to know where the haze is coming from? You guessed it, Your stinking out of control Fires in California.

We don't have your Arsons yet we still went through the worst forest fire period in Colorado History and now we are going into the Forest Fire Season. You might say that we would be safe because there is nothing left to burn but guess again. The Millions of Acres that burned left a few hundred millions of acres that can still burn. And WE practice good forest management.

You see, we have a lot more to lose. Forget about stupid people building in fire plains. When we lose, we affect at least a 5 state area for water. Yes, even California. So we make no bones about our conditions and do not tolerate either the doomsayers nor the Fake Science Fruitcakes. To coin a phrase from the #1 Fake Science Denier, "It is what it is". All you have to do is watch any local Weather News 5pm report and they tell you what the normal temp should be and what it really is. And we just went through a few months of way higher than normal temps with way lower percipitation than normal. Most of the fires were naturally caused, one was caused by a car's hot exhaust and another was caused by a careless smoker throwing his lit cigarette out his window in a high tinder area. In the past, we have had some started by careless campers ass well. And yes, we did have one that was done by arson a few years ago. But according to you, the major cause is Arson. And you would be wrong. IF I use your logic, the major cause of insanity would be "The Party of the Rump".

"So where will you go?"

And don't forget the island countries that are having to move because they are now under water.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

We have just went through 4 of the worst forest fires in Colorado History. We DO have higher temps. We also have drier conditions. Our rivers are insanely low. The Snow Caps are melting faster than they should which will affect the water for years to come. And we have millions of acres of forest burnt off which will also affect whether the snow will stick and not prematurely find it's way to lower areas and melt off early. Our Snow fall is below normal. Our temps are anywhere from 4 to 8 degrees higher than normal and have been going up for the last few years. AT first, it was 1 or 2 degrees, not anything to worry about, said some. But now it's 4 to 8 and now it's time to worry. WE almost have all fires either out of under control. Our air has been toxic for months now but it's better. But it's still hazy. And do you want to know where the haze is coming from? You guessed it, Your stinking out of control Fires in California.

We don't have your Arsons yet we still went through the worst forest fire period in Colorado History and now we are going into the Forest Fire Season. You might say that we would be safe because there is nothing left to burn but guess again. The Millions of Acres that burned left a few hundred millions of acres that can still burn. And WE practice good forest management.

You see, we have a lot more to lose. Forget about stupid people building in fire plains. When we lose, we affect at least a 5 state area for water. Yes, even California. So we make no bones about our conditions and do not tolerate either the doomsayers nor the Fake Science Fruitcakes. To coin a phrase from the #1 Fake Science Denier, "It is what it is". All you have to do is watch any local Weather News 5pm report and they tell you what the normal temp should be and what it really is. And we just went through a few months of way higher than normal temps with way lower percipitation than normal. Most of the fires were naturally caused, one was caused by a car's hot exhaust and another was caused by a careless smoker throwing his lit cigarette out his window in a high tinder area. In the past, we have had some started by careless campers ass well. And yes, we did have one that was done by arson a few years ago. But according to you, the major cause is Arson. And you would be wrong. IF I use your logic, the major cause of insanity would be "The Party of the Rump".

Nobody cares what you will, or won't "tolerate". It's BS and just like Covid you're just swallowing it all.

"So where will you go?"

And don't forget the island countries that are having to move because they are now under water.

Oh? Name them. The Maldives are one of those supposed island countries and yet they are investing hundreds of millions of dollars to bring people TO their supposedly sinking islands. A thinking person would wonder why do that if they are going to be under water soon.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

And the only cure is more government, less freedom, and lower quality of life.

And of course Marxism, lots and lots of Marxism.

Climate change should never be political.

The whole concept is political.

For AGW alarmists the only cure is Marxism.

Wow, again, name one real Marxist country that has ever exited on the earth. But remember I get to critique your answer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back