So Where will you go? The coming mass migrations due to Anthropogenic Climate Change

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Excerpts from the link:

“... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

....... What I found was a nation on the cusp of a great transformation. Across the United States, some 162 million people — nearly one in two — will most likely experience a decline in the quality of their environment, namely more heat and less water. For 93 million of them, the changes could be particularly severe, and by 2070, our analysis suggests, if carbon emissions rise at extreme levels, at least four million Americans could find themselves living at the fringe, in places decidedly outside the ideal niche for human life. The cost of resisting the new climate reality is mounting. Florida officials have already acknowledged that defending some roadways against the sea will be unaffordable. And the nation’s federal flood-insurance program is for the first time requiring that some of its payouts be used to retreat from climate threats across the country. It will soon prove too expensive to maintain the status quo.

.... Then what? One influential 2018 study, published in The Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, suggests that one in 12 Americans in the Southern half of the country will move toward California, the Mountain West or the Northwest over the next 45 years because of climate influences alone.....

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem......”

1600205915137.png

1600205963223.png

The author concludes these states will be the beneficiaries of a hotter climate:

“The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north”.

**********************************************************************************************
It's coming. You know it is.

Last edited:
Excerpts from the link

... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

....... What I found was a nation on the cusp of a great transformation. Across the United States, some 162 million people — nearly one in two — will most likely experience a decline in the quality of their environment, namely more heat and less water. For 93 million of them, the changes could be particularly severe, and by 2070, our analysis suggests, if carbon emissions rise at extreme levels, at least four million Americans could find themselves living at the fringe, in places decidedly outside the ideal niche for human life. The cost of resisting the new climate reality is mounting. Florida officials have already acknowledged that defending some roadways against the sea will be unaffordable. And the nation’s federal flood-insurance program is for the first time requiring that some of its payouts be used to retreat from climate threats across the country. It will soon prove too expensive to maintain the status quo.

.... Then what? One influential 2018 study, published in The Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, suggests that one in 12 Americans in the Southern half of the country will move toward California, the Mountain West or the Northwest over the next 45 years because of climate influences alone.....

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem.”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The author concludes these states will be the beneficiaries of a hotter climate:

The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north.

**********************************************************************************************

Sure it is, just ask you.. But EVERY prediction has been and will continue to be wrong.

Excerpts from the link

... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem.”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north.

So Where will you go?

I'm coming to your house.
What kind of beer do you have?

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

So the only solution is more government, less freedom, and less quality of life.

This isn't the movies, climate doesn't change overnight, or even over decade, it takes centuries, and people can adjust.

What we shouldn't do is let watermelons like you define the "only way" to save ourselves.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

So the only solution is more government, less freedom, and less quality of life.

This isn't the movies, climate doesn't change overnight, or even over decade, it takes centuries, and people can adjust.

What we shouldn't do is let watermelons like you define the "only way" to save ourselves.

It's astonishing how Progs are so terrified of everything.

Just WOW...

The last 20 years has been flat in temperature rise... ZERO RISE... At this pace we will fry in about.......

What I find amusing is they are prediciting a 5 deg C rise over the next 5 years.. No way in hell that happens in our buffered based climactic system without the sun increaseing by about 50 W/m^2...

In the last 40 years, we have had at least a 4 degree temp increase and a severe droop in rainfall. The repercussions of that to other states that depend on our water is severe. Don't let a little fact get in the way of your delusion.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Nothing else is working for Biden so out comes the old Climate Change bull shit.. And the paper cited has no proof of anything they are spouting.... BRAVO!! more baseless propaganda...

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

So Where will you go?

Only the best!

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Nothing else is working for Biden so out comes the old Climate Change bull shit.. And the paper cited has no proof of anything they are spouting.... BRAVO!! more baseless propaganda...

All I have to do is watch the 5pm News Weather Report. Guess what, it's warmer by at least 5 degrees, our water table is low, the percipitation below normal and the damned mountains are burning to the ground. We have just had 4 Record Forest Fires this year. And NOW they are saying we are entering into the forest fire season.

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The author’s prognostications take place within 60 years. You have it backward. There will be more government, less freedom and less quality of of life in the future if we do nothing about anthropogenic climate change NOW.

Excerpts from the link:

“... For two years, I have been studying how climate change will influence global migration. My sense was that of all the devastating consequences of a warming planet — changing landscapes, pandemics, mass extinctions — the potential movement of hundreds of millions of climate refugees across the planet stands to be among the most important. I traveled across four countries to witness how rising temperatures were driving climate refugees away from some of the poorest and hottest parts of the world. I had also helped create an enormous computer simulation to analyze how global demographics might shift, and now I was working on a data-mapping project about migration here in the United States.

There are signs that the message is breaking through. Half of Americans now rank climate as a top political priority, up from roughly one-third in 2016, and three out of four now describe climate change as either “a crisis” or “a major problem......”

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

“The millions of people moving north will mostly head to the cities of the Northeast and Northwest, which will see their populations grow by roughly 10 percent, according to one model. Once-chilly places like Minnesota and Michigan and Vermont will become more temperate, verdant and inviting. Vast regions will prosper; just as Hsiang’s research forecast that Southern counties could see a tenth of their economy dry up, he projects that others as far as North Dakota and Minnesota will enjoy a corresponding expansion. Cities like Detroit, Rochester, Buffalo and Milwaukee will see a renaissance, with their excess capacity in infrastructure, water supplies and highways once again put to good use. One day, it’s possible that a high-speed rail line could race across the Dakotas, through Idaho’s up-and-coming wine country and the country’s new breadbasket along the Canadian border, to the megalopolis of Seattle, which by then has nearly merged with Vancouver to its north”.

Below is a link with some research data on the subject;

Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

The author’s prognostications take place within 60 years. You have it backward. There will be more government, less freedom and less quality of of life in the future if we do nothing about anthropogenic climate change NOW.

And the only cure is more government, less freedom, and lower quality of life.

And of course Marxism, lots and lots of Marxism.

Just WOW...

The last 20 years has been flat in temperature rise... ZERO RISE... At this pace we will fry in about.......

What I find amusing is they are predicting a 5 deg C rise over the next 5 years.. No way in hell that happens in our buffered based climactic system without the sun increasing by about 50 W/m^2...

In the last 40 years, we have had at least a 4 degree temp increase and a severe droop in rainfall. The repercussions of that to other states that depend on our water is severe. Don't let a little fact get in the way of your delusion.
Try again..

Water vapor and temperature are within normal cyclical variation..

Just WOW...

What I find amusing is they are predicting a 5 deg C rise over the next 5 years.. No way in hell that happens in our buffered based climactic system without the sun increasing by about 50 W/m^2...

"we have had at least a 4 degree temp increase "

Time after time this same BS is put up and they think no one will check out the facts...

201101-201112.png

We are now in a downward trend... The cycle continues...

Last edited:
Excerpts from the link

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

So Where will you go?

Only the best!

Cool!
Leave the light on.

Just WOW...

What I find amusing is they are prediciting a 5 deg C rise over the next 5 years.. No way in hell that happens in our buffered based climactic system without the sun increaseing by about 50 W/m^2...

Then maybe Commiefornia should quit dumping billions of gallons of fresh water into the ocean to keep the fish from getting thirsty...

Excerpts from the link:

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

Total hoax. Leftwing maggots just want to use “climate change” as a reason to allow open borders and bringing in millions of refugees. The idea here is to eradicate white Christian culture, and supplant it with brown third world culture.

Honestly, if you hate America and white culture so much, just move to any of the hundreds of brown countries out there.

Excerpts from the link:

View attachment 389086

View attachment 389089

iu

Forum List

Back