So, where do Republicans stand today?

So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?

Only Capital GAINS are taxed....not the original principle

Treat it like any other income

The capital gains get taxed one time as capital gains tax. Then you want to add the capital gains (which has already been taxed once) to income, to be taxed again.
Not what I said
Is said it should be taxed at the same rate as from someone who actually worked for it

Right, I asked you to clarify and you never did....but in any case your idea is a joke..the economic engine that makes this country go is investment. Even democraps admit that - they just want the government to be the ones investing, whereas conservatives have belief in the private sector.

The investors move the pieces.
But it is the pieces that are creating the wealth. Investors only determine if that wealth comes from point A or point B

Labor creates wealth......not the capitalist

So let me get this straight, RW, do you want the money to double taxed as capital gains and income or only taxed as income?

The capital gains get taxed one time as capital gains tax. Then you want to add the capital gains (which has already been taxed once) to income, to be taxed again.
Not what I said
Is said it should be taxed at the same rate as from someone who actually worked for it

Right, I asked you to clarify and you never did....but in any case your idea is a joke..the economic engine that makes this country go is investment. Even democraps admit that - they just want the government to be the ones investing, whereas conservatives have belief in the private sector.

But it is the pieces that are creating the wealth. Investors only determine if that wealth comes from point A or point B

Labor does not create wealth, labor is a commodity. There's nothing intrinsically special about labor that separates it from oil, poultry or beef.

Not what I said

That's not fair. You have investors that can lose their whole principle and you have people that aren't risking anything, who are getting a salary.

You are winning some and losing some
At the end of the year you are only taxed on your net profits

If you continually lose......you are in the wrong line of business

There's a reason why capital gain tax is separate from income tax. Why do you think that is?

Not what I said

Labor does not create wealth, labor is a commodity. There's nothing intrinsically special about labor that separates it from oil, poultry or beef.
Nothing is created by investment
It is created through labor

It is the product of labor that constitutes wealth.

Not what I said

That's not fair. You have investors that can lose their whole principle and you have people that aren't risking anything, who are getting a salary.

There's a reason why capital gain tax is separate from income tax. Why do you think that is?

Because of the Golden Rule

He who has the gold, makes the rules

Not what I said

That's a very cynical view you have on government, RW. Why do you keep wanting to give the government more power if , in your view, they take their orders from who has the gold? Or maybe you're saying the government has the gold??

In any case you're wrong. As usually. The Reason is obvious.

Last edited:
Not what I said

That's a very cynical view you have on government, RW. Why do you keep wanting to give the government more power if , in your view, they take their orders from who has the gold? Or maybe you're saying the government has the gold??

In any case you're wrong. As usually. The Reason is obvious.
Welcome to Fantasy island

The Republican field will stay wet and wild until the first round of primaries

Even the worst candidate can lay low and pop up for debates and public events

Iowa and NH will send a lot of the outliers packing but it looks like five may have the backing to ride to the GOP convention...Trump sure does

The big question is.....how long before the public grows tired of the Trump sideshow?

Trump is wearing out his welcome. How many times can you clap for a one trick pony?

Fiorina is the new flavor of the day
How long can she stay fresh? She is going to need more substance if she is in for the long run

I sense the media is growing tired of Trump

He doesn't have the same impact he did a month ago. There is only so many times you think "Pull my finger" is funny

Forum List

Back