so when can i buy one of these new policies

you can probably get a policy right now, if you can afford it....

but if you are looking for gvt assistance or affordability credits to help buy your policy, the money for that is not available till 2014, is my understanding of it....

When is the gov't going to get around to taking over Harvard Pilrgim?

Strange as it seems I still have the same insurance provider I had last week ....

Strange as it seems I still have the same insurance provider I had last week ....

As soon as they get done with the student loan industry I guess....:eusa_eh:

What exactly is your health problem?

Because if it is liver related and you e-mail me your bank details I can have a liver on ice sent to you no questions asked.

My son has no insurance and no job, how is he supposed to get health insurance? Didn't the Government promise to pay for him? When do the fines start? next year? Even though the Government won't help till 2014?

My son has no insurance and no job, how is he supposed to get health insurance? Didn't the Government promise to pay for him? When do the fines start? next year? Even though the Government won't help till 2014?

There is an actual thread around here that has links to that information RGS, if you really want to know....

Why isn't your son on welfare or Medicaid now, under those circumstances, and getting his health care covered now?

The health care affordability credits for WORKING people, do not begin until 2014...

He should enlist so he too can enjoy fully socialized HC, just like you and I have.

It's great isn't it?

My, my. I thought you Conservatives were all for efficiency. The student loan program as it has been, was a give away to the banks. The government gaurenteed the loans, and the Banks got the profit. So the banks could not lose. Privatized profit, and socialized losses.
Repubs really like that kind of nonsense.

Now, the government makes the loan directly, and has more money for the students, while spending less.

Overhaul of Student Loans Passes Congress - NYTimes.com

The Congressional Budget Office said the direct-lending approach would save taxpayers about $61 billion over 10 years. Roughly $40 billion of the savings will be redirected to higher education. Education programs will get an additional $10 billion from the health care package.

My, my. I thought you Conservatives were all for efficiency. The student loan program as it has been, was a give away to the banks. The government gaurenteed the loans, and the Banks got the profit. So the banks could not lose. Privatized profit, and socialized losses.

Now, the government makes the loan directly, and has more money for the students, while spending less.

The Congressional Budget Office said the direct-lending approach would save taxpayers about $61 billion over 10 years. Roughly $40 billion of the savings will be redirected to higher education. Education programs will get an additional $10 billion from the health care package.

Thank you for clarifying this....sounds like a win win, for all of us...

So lets take over the industry, rather than reforming the process in which universities raise their rates nearly 5 times greater than inflation. It really isn't that shocking that you would be for a government take over inserted into a health care bill.:eek:
We all know how efficient the government is at doling out money, just look to the stimulus bill....

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back