So what did the Dems pass exactly?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
The Dums and their fellow travelers on this board are all crowing about what a great thing they did, historic, blah blah.
What did they pass, exactly?
Wasn't it just the Senate bill? Isn't that the bill with the Cornhusker kickback and Louisiana Purchase? The one that exempts unions from taxes on cadillac policies? The one with every dirty backroom deal in it?
This is what they are celebrating?
They have not passed the supposed "fix" yet.
Anyone take bets on whether they do pass it in House and Senate? I'll bet no.

The Dums and their fellow travelers on this board are all crowing about what a great thing they did, historic, blah blah.
Wasn't it just the Senate bill? Isn't that the bill with the Cornhusker kickback and Louisiana Purchase? The one that exempts unions from taxes on cadillac policies? The one with every dirty backroom deal in it?

Reconciliation is supposed to get rid of the cornhusker kickback.

The fix is the part that is supposed to be done now with 'reconciliation' so the GoP can't stop it.

Its clear the Dems will vote for anything they are told, so who knows what will come next.

Its not like they read these bills or care what is in them.

The fix is the part that is supposed to be done now with 'reconciliation' so the GoP can't stop it.

Its clear the Dems will vote for anything they are told, so who knows what will come next.

So the GOP'ers will vote against taking out the Cornhusker kickback etc.?

lol

As I posted elsewhere, some things will start immediately:

Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until age 26
Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
Free preventative care for all
Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.
Small businesses will be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010, which could be as much as 50% of what they pay for employees’ health insurance.
The “donut hole” closes for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.
Requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.
Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment)

If the Senate bill passes, here’s what happens immediately ? US Health Crisis

lol
Why not, the Dems just voted to have it and called it 'historic.'

Do you think the "loyal opposition" can stop them from passing it, since they won't be able to filibuster?

Do you think the "loyal opposition" can stop them from passing it, since they won't be able to filibuster?
Oh, they will be able to fillibuster, as you can only 'reconcile' things that affect the budget, and with the reconcile procedure, the minority party can introduce endless amendments, and teh Dems can't stop it.

In short, your smugness will be short lived.

lol
Why not, the Dems just voted to have it and called it 'historic.'

They talked about doing just that. Repubs can't stop it and I don't think Ben Nelson can, either.

And I think you're smart enough to know that many Dems who voted for this in the House did this because they're counting on reconciliation to come through in the Senate. So this idea that they're lauding the Cornhusker Kickback just because it's currently part of the bill....

So IF the dems will vote for anything they are told how come the bill wasn't passed last year including a public option??
Seems to me that republicans are the only party marching lockstep as they continue to vote as a block.

Oh, they will be able to fillibuster, as you can only 'reconcile' things that affect the budget, and with the reconcile procedure, the minority party can introduce endless amendments, and teh Dems can't stop it.

I don't suppose it occurred to you that this could backfire on them.

There not 100% certain what they passed but the Messiah said it is good so it must be :confused:

LOl So after righties have continually argued that this bill affects 1/6 of our economy you are seriously trying to argue that it's passage won't affect the outcome of the budget that has already passed??

LOl So after righties have continually argued that this bill affects 1/6 of our economy you are seriously trying to argue that it's passage won't affect the outcome of the budget that has already passed??

Are your reading skills really this inadequate?
Reconciliation is only for budget matters. This bill goes way beyond that. So every clause of the bill not directly concerned with budget is not subject to reconciliation.

There not 100% certain what they passed but the Messiah said it is good so it must be :confused:

You can check out the top 10 facts and the top 5 lies at "politifact". They also have a meter on what promises Obama has broken, what he's kept and what's stalled.

Suggesting a political figure is someone's "deity" is insulting. Unless, you considered "Bush" your "Gawd". Then it's understandable.

PolitiFact | Sorting out the truth in politics

Are your reading skills really this inadequate?
What did i missread?

Reconciliation is only for budget matters.
How is a bill that includes items that affect the budget including taxes NOT considered a budget matter?

This bill goes way beyond that.
Care to prove that claim??

So every clause of the bill not directly concerned with budget is not subject to reconciliation.

According to what?? I didn't read anything like that in any definition or article that I have read so where did you get your info??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back