So what are you doing for Corvid-19 fun

I'm working too. Seems most of us essential workers are Democrats.

So what do you do that is so essential?
When they sent us all home for 2 weeks with 75% pay they said don't do any work. Don't take your computer home. Those 3 days, we sold nothing and lost big sales because I wasn't there. We lost thousands of dollars. So on Wednesday the boss called me and said come get your computer and take it home.

When I first started at this company they sold $50K a month in aftermarket. I sell $150,000 a month in accessories. That's $1 million 800 thousand dollars. We make clear after all costs 20% of that. That's $360,000 profit off what I do every year. Before me they sold $600K a year so they made $120,000 profit off aftermarket. So I make my company an extra $240,000 a year. If I'm not there, they lose $20,000 a month.

You tell me, if this was your business, would I be essential?

Also I'm working from home. Stay safe.

It's not up to your boss as to whether you're essential or not.
And how did you personally turn around sales in such a drastic way?
I could write a book. First thing I did was reach out to all our customers to make sure they know they get a discount if they order this stuff through us. Thousands of customers. Some replied, some didn't. The ones that didn't I called back in a few months. Then a few weeks, until I reached the right person. Then I found out why they weren't buying from us. I overcame those objections and they remembered me the next time they needed something. I sent them a quote. They saw that I wasn't lying. I will save them money. And so they started buying from me. But most of all after calling and calling and calling I found out why our big customers don't buy through us. Because they have buyers. So I connected with their buyers and showed them how I could save them 5% if they ordered through us. Blablabla.

It took about 2 years for sales to triple but I doubled sales in the first year.

I'm an inside sales God is what my bosses and the outside sales guys tell me. I'm a machine. And I usually get back to people faster than my competitors and I get them their shit faster so not only do I save them money I give them great service. And I sent the tracking as soon as I have it.

I am worth $100K and essential to this business. And seeing as how I can work from home, the government has nothing to say about it. I'm not a preacher asking people to congregate in my home so I can make money. That's against the law. But me working from my sofa? sofaking what? lol

That reads like one of those phony, chest beating, wishful thinking letters to Penthouse Forum.

Without the sex.

Yeah....
He went from making over $75k to six figures in a matter of a few posts.
Yea, because in 2015 i went from making $50K to $65K plus. I probably made $85K that year. Last year I made almost $100K.

And if you knew me you'd know I have a $20K side business. In fact while I'm sitting here in my home making 80% of my salary, I also made $50K profit selling pot. So I actually make well over $100K.

$75K for a 1 person home is considered upper class. That's what I was talking about.

I love it that you broke ass right wingers think my life is unbelievable. Thanks. Don't even make me bring up my brother who makes over $500K. He's a VP of HR for a Fortune 500. He told me to let him know if I need help when all this happened. I said, "bro, I have $40K liquid"

The day I was furloughed I was going to put $10K into 10 stocks. I pussied out. I would have made $5K in a week. I'm such a pussy. I have to remember $10K is nothing to upper class people like me. I have to stop thinking like I did pre 2015 raise.

Thanks Obama by the way. The economy was actually doing just fine in 2015. Same growth as 2019. Maybe a difference of .01%

LOL...broke ass right winger?
You must still be very young. I was making what you make now when I was 28.
We havent had a house payment since we were in our early 30's and that includes the weekend property.

When they sent us all home for 2 weeks with 75% pay they said don't do any work. Don't take your computer home. Those 3 days, we sold nothing and lost big sales because I wasn't there. We lost thousands of dollars. So on Wednesday the boss called me and said come get your computer and take it home.

When I first started at this company they sold $50K a month in aftermarket. I sell $150,000 a month in accessories. That's $1 million 800 thousand dollars. We make clear after all costs 20% of that. That's $360,000 profit off what I do every year. Before me they sold $600K a year so they made $120,000 profit off aftermarket. So I make my company an extra $240,000 a year. If I'm not there, they lose $20,000 a month.

I could write a book. First thing I did was reach out to all our customers to make sure they know they get a discount if they order this stuff through us. Thousands of customers. Some replied, some didn't. The ones that didn't I called back in a few months. Then a few weeks, until I reached the right person. Then I found out why they weren't buying from us. I overcame those objections and they remembered me the next time they needed something. I sent them a quote. They saw that I wasn't lying. I will save them money. And so they started buying from me. But most of all after calling and calling and calling I found out why our big customers don't buy through us. Because they have buyers. So I connected with their buyers and showed them how I could save them 5% if they ordered through us. Blablabla.

It took about 2 years for sales to triple but I doubled sales in the first year.

I'm an inside sales God is what my bosses and the outside sales guys tell me. I'm a machine. And I usually get back to people faster than my competitors and I get them their shit faster so not only do I save them money I give them great service. And I sent the tracking as soon as I have it.

I am worth $100K and essential to this business. And seeing as how I can work from home, the government has nothing to say about it. I'm not a preacher asking people to congregate in my home so I can make money. That's against the law. But me working from my sofa? sofaking what? lol

That reads like one of those phony, chest beating, wishful thinking letters to Penthouse Forum.

Without the sex.

Yeah....
Yea, because in 2015 i went from making $50K to $65K plus. I probably made $85K that year. Last year I made almost $100K.

And if you knew me you'd know I have a $20K side business. In fact while I'm sitting here in my home making 80% of my salary, I also made $50K profit selling pot. So I actually make well over $100K.

$75K for a 1 person home is considered upper class. That's what I was talking about.

I love it that you broke ass right wingers think my life is unbelievable. Thanks. Don't even make me bring up my brother who makes over $500K. He's a VP of HR for a Fortune 500. He told me to let him know if I need help when all this happened. I said, "bro, I have $40K liquid"

The day I was furloughed I was going to put $10K into 10 stocks. I pussied out. I would have made $5K in a week. I'm such a pussy. I have to remember $10K is nothing to upper class people like me. I have to stop thinking like I did pre 2015 raise.

Thanks Obama by the way. The economy was actually doing just fine in 2015. Same growth as 2019. Maybe a difference of .01%

Meh.....the Wife took a 30% pay cut due to the virus and she still makes over double what you make.
Then maybe you shouldn't be telling the people who make less than me that they should be voting for the same politicians you support.

What does she do that she makes $200K?

Without the sex.

Yeah....

LOL...broke ass right winger?
You must still be very young. I was making what you make now when I was 28.
We havent had a house payment since we were in our early 30's and that includes the weekend property.
Like I said, then you shouldn't be telling us to vote Republican. YOU should be voting Republican but not the rest of us.

And I'm referring to most of your buddies here.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Meh.....the Wife took a 30% pay cut due to the virus and she still makes over double what you make.
What do you do for a living?

I love working from home. Not really but yesterday 3 people came over while I was working and bought $500 worth of pot off me. Today another customer is coming over to buy $100. So besides my real job, I made $300 tax free money yesterday and today.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Then maybe you shouldn't be telling the people who make less than me that they should be voting for the same politicians you support.

Her official title is head of accounting for an exclusive resort,spa and hotel.
But she does a lot more than that.
She did the same thing for a large nationwide bank and when it got sold one of the board members at the bank wanted Her to work for him and she took him up on the offer.
She took a cut in pay at that time as well but the workload is way lighter and she's close to retiring anyway so it works.
Walked away from the bank with a tidy sum in stocks and they gave Her two years severance pay.
So she'll actually be making close to a $500K for the next couple years.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

I love working from home. Not really but yesterday 3 people came over while I was working and bought $500 worth of pot off me. Today another customer is coming over to buy $100. So besides my real job, I made $300 tax free money yesterday and today.

I was a machinist before I retired around seven years ago.
Made flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program and various other aerospace companies.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

She did the same thing for a large nationwide bank and when it got sold one of the board members at the bank wanted Her to work for him and she took him up on the offer.
She took a cut in pay at that time as well but the workload is way lighter and she's close to retiring anyway so it works.
Walked away from the bank with a tidy sum in stocks and they gave Her two years severance pay.
Sounds like my brother. I'm always amazed they say they are burned out when they are making over 500k. But I guess with a lot of pay comes a lot of pressure. You do it as long as you can, give your kids what you can, and save as much as you can so you can retire comfortably when you are 62.

And if you want to work after 62 cool.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Made flight hardware for the NASA Shuttle program and various other aerospace companies.
I work with CMM's. We work with lots of aerospace. That's why we are still making sales. We have big customers thank god. All our small customers are off for a month.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Sounds like my brother. I'm always amazed they say they are burned out when they are making over 500k. But I guess with a lot of pay comes a lot of pressure. You do it as long as you can, give your kids what you can, and save as much as you can so you can retire comfortably when you are 62.

And if you want to work after 62 cool.

The pressure was the main reason I stopped doing aerospace work.
There's absolutely no room for error.
Watched a guy work on a section of sub flooring for the Shuttle for three months only to scrap it.
The first I heard of it was when he was puking in the aisle.
The part was upwards of 4 million bucks.
I will say the working conditions were second to none though.
Whatever you wanted they'd get it for you. But you were under the gun everyday.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

I work with CMM's. We work with lots of aerospace. That's why we are still making sales. We have big customers thank god. All our small customers are off for a month.

Coordinate measuring machines?
So you sell to automotive manufactures?

I started out doing grunt work and moved into inspection when they first came out,this was in the day of tape machines rather than CNC's.

Bought an airsoft pistol to keep the dogs inline since my hip is still fuked up and I cant chase the little shits when they misbehave.
A pellet to the butt is very effective and I can do it from my chair on the porch.
And yeah I'm having a little fun with it.
And yes I cranked the the power way down from it's 500fps.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

I started out doing grunt work and moved into inspection when they first came out,this was in the day of tape machines rather than CNC's.
Auto, defense, aerospace, healthcare. Every industry buys CMM's believe it or not. Golf balls. Polaris. GE.

And we don't do a lot of work with auto companies. We work with all of them a little but we are not the main supplier to any of them. Most of them probably go with our largest competitor. I've been trying to win their aftermarket business for years.

Scratching along. $200 at a time.Need a door for your sun room ?
bonz5.jpg
bonz2.jpg

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Auto, defense, aerospace, healthcare. Every industry buys CMM's believe it or not. Golf balls. Polaris. GE.

And we don't do a lot of work with auto companies. We work with all of them a little but we are not the main supplier to any of them. Most of them probably go with our largest competitor. I've been trying to win their aftermarket business for years.

Of course.
Any machine shop worth a shit uses them.
But you'd said you work in the automotive industry not the inspection industry.

They definitely revolutionized the inspection of machined parts. What used to take all day has been reduced to half an hour once they are set up.

They're really no different than a CNC 5 axis machine without all the cutting.
Place the part against stops,touch off on your start point and let it go. They even print out all the dimensions and discrepancies.
Back when I first started it was two guys,one with a clipboard to write it all down and one with the inspection tool for that particular type measurement.

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Of course.

They definitely revolutionized the inspection of machined parts. What used to take all day has been reduced to half an hour once they are set up.

Place the part against stops,touch off on your start point and let it go. They even print out all the dimensions and discrepancies.
Back when I first started it was two guys,one with a clipboard to write it all down and one with the inspection tool for that particular type measurement.
Holy shit am I blessed. We have a lot of big time companies that are still working and lucky for my company I convinced all these companies to buy their accessories through us.

so 95% of our customers are closed but I’m still making sales to the big boys. Northrop Grumman, Pratt and Whitney, GE,

I sold $20k today!

Normally I sell $150k in aftermarket a month my company makes 20% clear profit every month. This month I might sell $100k. That would be amazing considering the economy.

the owner of my company and the president and vp think I’m a god. I make sales no matter what

Without the sex.

Yeah....

Of course.

When someone crashes their head it’s a $5000 sale and we make $1000. I sold three of those today.

anyways, at 5pm I take my dog to the dog park. The park is closed but the trails behind the park are open. My dog runs through the woods off leash for 2 hours. If I didn’t have the woods I don’t know what I would do. Again, I’m blessed. The one thing I do ever.y day is still available. It would be like if you went to the gym everyday and the gym was the one thing that was still open.

New Topics

Forum List

Back