So we want to bring manufacturing back to America.

I think you are right. Most on the left would rather stay home in the basement then actually have a productive job. It only makes sense to bring jobs to those that actually want to work
I have worked in Manufacturing plants in Magaville out in Ohio. The attrition rate was terrible, people quitting after a couple days. But, yeah, Liberal bad I guess.

I have worked in Manufacturing plants in Magaville out in Ohio. The attrition rate was terrible, people quitting after a couple days. But, yeah, Liberal bad I guess.
Did you ask their political views. Did you do an intake and out going interview? Possibly you really do not have a clue. But then from most what you have wrote that is self evident

two of my sibblings work in factories here in Merica Damn it and get paid pretty decently with incomes in the mid $50K range. Right now building crap overseas is about being closer to the market place as Asia is booming and North America is saturated. Labor is a declining part (and cost) of inputs. "Intellectual property" is where all the expenses are going these days. An iPhone cost like $15 to build materials and labor all in. The licensing fees for all the software on board adds several hundred to the baseline price.

Is the mid 50k range a "decent income"?

Did you ask their political views. Did you do an intake and out going interview? Possibly you really do not have a clue. But then from most what you have wrote that is self evident
It was a bunch of white bois in there, and the areas surrounding it were all magaville. But yeah bro, I'm sure they were libbys.

Is the mid 50k range a "decent income"?

Is around here. When they were doing those living wage calculators even the left had to acknowledge LW wasn't much more than MW in my neck of the woods. Declining populations and white flight have their upside.

I’m among the property of Fortress America, a totally isolated society that doesn’t interact with the rest of the world at all.

Anathema, I'm among the proponents of the unilateral trade policy described within Wikipedia's "Import Certificates" article; Refer to Import certificates – Wikipedia
USA producing less goods and services, (i.e. reducing our GDP) is detrimental to our numbers of jobs, workers, their dependents, and to enterprises that are more sensitive to financial conditions of those great portions of our nation's population.

Import Certificate concept's more market rather than government driven. It's not isolationist, and would sooner rather than later increase USA's volumes of foreign trade. That increased USA trade would would not be negative balanced, (i.e. annual net trade deficits).
Respectfully, Supposn

I don’t see the Right Wing lining up to pick vegetables for a few cents an hour. I don’t see the Right Wing signing up to work menial labor jobs for minimum wage, maybe.

That's because you keep bringing in illegals to depress the wages. Moron.

Remove the illegals and the farms have to pay a fair wage, or automate.

Either way it is YOUR illegal aliens who are suppressing wages.

We hear all the time how the Right is going to bring the jobs back. Back from overseas. Where thanks to trade deals, it’s cheaper to manufacture, package, ship and then distribute the items from other nations, than it is to just make it here.

Ok. Tell me this my friends. Who wants these jobs brought back to America?

Nobody would go to work in some abandoned building that was taken over. Nobody would allow anyone to go to work in a place that is a Dust Initiator explosion waiting to happen. There was literally not one single step involved in that entire process that wasn’t hazardous to your health.

So tell me again, how does this work? It would cost you ten times as much to manufacture the same stupid balls in the United States, minimum.

How about those masks you've been wearing?

Anathema, I'm among the proponents of the unilateral trade policy described within Wikipedia's "Import Certificates" article
We’ve discussed this before… I am not interested in connections of ANY type with foreigners and foreign governments. Regardless of who might prosper from those interactions.

You are full of shit. Do you use a computer to access this forum? If so you have stuff made in China.

Nope, my computer was made with chips from Taiwan, in a case made here in the States by Solectron, with a board made in Malaysia, and a hard drive made in Thailand.

DURRRRRR

Forum List

Back