So Trump supporters get that if Trump is the 2024 nominee he is sure to lose?

He’s never been popular with voters who are not republican. He BARELY won in 2016 and it was very telling he lost the popular vote.

Since then everyone else just finds him awful in more ways than one. Biden isn’t popular either currently, but you better believe he would beat Trump easily.

DeSantis would definitely give Biden a run for his money. If Biden’s poll numbers do not get better, DeSantis has a shot. It’s a painful thought but let’s be objective shall we?

DeSantis would lose even more soundly than Trump. DeSantis has zero shot.

For DeSantis to go up against Biden, DeSantis would have to win the Republican nomination by defeating Donald Trump. If Trump loses, he will burn the GOP to the ground, insisting that the nomination was rigged, that he was cheated, that it was fraud, and that they need to run the vote again.

Exactly as Trump did when he lost Iowa to Cruz in 2016.
1674888579127.png

1674888599764.png

Sound familiar? Its the same shtick in 2020...and again in 2022. And you'll see it again in 2024. Trump doesn't learn, Trump doesn't change. He will run the *exact* same playbook as in 2016, and burn any GOP nominee that isn't him.

If even 10% of his supporters sit out or support Trump in a 3rd party run, DeSantis loses by a landslide. And the odds of that happening if DeSantis is the nominee is the number that comes just before 100%.

The GOP is fuuuuuuuuucked. They either run Trump, their weakest possible candidate and a proven loser that nearly half of the electorate won't vote for under any circumstance. Or Trump burns the GOP to the ground.

Last edited:
The only reason why I parrot D talking points is because I consider some of them to be true. This would have nothing to do with me supporting either Biden or Trump.

I oppose Biden because I understand that the proxy war in the Ukraine is really America's war against Russia, and it risks nuclear war.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain, even though I've explained at least a dozen times already.

As to my support of Trump, from a Canadian's POV, there are reasons why we don't need to elaborate.

If Trump finds himself in peril of being rejected by the voting right, I can only speculate on how he will manage that. I think that his loyalty to his own ego will be above his loyalty to his country.

If he calls out his lieutenants, I believe they will hear the call and obey. That would result in a bloodbath in the streets that would likely eclipse all predictions.

And so: If Trump survives to run for president, the only acceptable outcome is that he wins. And thus, expose the facade of America supporting democracy in the Ukraine that was created by Biden.
Nuclear is only considered In an oblique,“talking points”, kind of way maybe.

As someone who lived through the cold war with the spectre of impending nuclear doom as a roommate, I see no similarities. The geo political structures nowadays mitigate Putin’s word power.

Russia, as per my previous position, was and will always be inconsequential.

They have no more power than a suicidal teen.

He’s never been popular with voters who are not republican. He BARELY won in 2016 and it was very telling he lost the popular vote.

Since then everyone else just finds him awful in more ways than one. Biden isn’t popular either currently, but you better believe he would beat Trump easily.

DeSantis would definitely give Biden a run for his money. If Biden’s poll numbers do not get better, DeSantis has a shot. It’s a painful thought but let’s be objective shall we?
I wouldn’t count Trump out yet.

If Biden remains the President he is quite capable of screwing things up so much that people will chose Trump In 2024. Kamala offers little hope of being much better.

I lean towards DeSantis at this time as he is a fighter like Trump without all the obnoxiousness. He looks and acts like a President where Trump acts like a TV personality.

Trump knows he's going to get his ass beat again so this campaign is just another grift to milk sucker's like you for more cash. He's done it before & gotten away with it so why would he stop bleeding you cultists now while the getting is good & clowns like you are ripe for the picking?

"Trump's ass, Trump's ass, Trump's ass.................."

You and your obsession. :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for the thought provoking post.

Nuclear is only considered In an oblique,“talking points”, kind of way maybe.
Can you explain that further on the talking points? And how you are thinking of 'oblique'?

I get your point in some sense on MAD, but that brings up the question on Russia using a tactical nuclear weapon to win the war, and then the response by America. You're effectively ruling out a response.

And I think you would have to consider North Korea's use of a tactical nuclear weapon too against Americans troops. Would America counter with nuclear weapons?

We would have had to go to war with Iraq again sooner or later. I was there and it was obvious.

The problem with both the Iraq war and the Vietnam war was the way they were prosecuted. It was amateur hour, Iraq especially.
Can you explain that further on the talking points? And how you are thinking of 'oblique'?

I get your point in some sense on MAD, but that brings up the question on Russia using a tactical nuclear weapon to win the war, and then the response by America. You're effectively ruling out a response.

And I think you would have to consider North Korea's use of a tactical nuclear weapon too against Americans troops. Would America counter with nuclear weapons?
Putin is not stupid or desperate enough to use even tactical nukes. He has to know that would be the end of Russia as the rest of the world would cut them off completely leaving them like N Korea.

Putin is not stupid or desperate enough to use even tactical nukes. He has to know that would be the end of Russia as the rest of the world would cut them off completely leaving them like N Korea.
I think you're not appreciating the fact that the rest of the world included half of the world's people who are thoroughly convinced that Russia is only reacting to US aggression.

And as for North Korea, they have obtained the nuclear detterent for defense against a US attack.

In any case, Russia is being backed into a corner from which there is no survival imagined by the Russian people.

I think the Russian people would continue to stand with Putin and their countries' leaders if the decision was taken to use a tactical nuclear weapon, and gamble that MAD wouldn't come into play.

And as for North Korea, they have obtained the nuclear detterent for defense against a US attack.

No, they don't. They don't have nearly enough. They haven't been able to prove their missiles hit anything but water AND we have anti-ICBM subs sitting off the coast of NK at all times. They start launching it would be like skeet shooting.

They are much more a threat to SK than to us.

No, they don't. They don't have nearly enough. They haven't been able to prove their missiles hit anything but water AND we have anti-ICBM subs sitting off the coast of NK at all times. They start launching it would be like skeet shooting.

They are much more a threat to SK than to us.
Would you think that N.K. has the capability to take out hundreds of thousands of Americans in foreign military bases? Or is intent on developing that sort of defensive capability?

That's a lot closer to what I had suggested.

Would you think that N.K. has the capability to take out hundreds of thousands of Americans in foreign military bases? Or is intent on developing that sort of defensive capability?

That's a lot closer to what I had suggested.

No, they don't. They have very limited capability. Their missiles are like our missiles of the 50's but with our most modern anti-ICBM defense systems available. You need to google Aegis.

I think you're not appreciating the fact that the rest of the world included half of the world's people who are thoroughly convinced that Russia is only reacting to US aggression.

In any case, Russia is being backed into a corner from which there is no survival imagined by the Russian people.

I think the Russian people would continue to stand with Putin and their countries' leaders if the decision was taken to use a tactical nuclear weapon, and gamble that MAD wouldn't come into play.
Nonsense. Even China told Vlad to cool it.

Okay I really want to explore this for a moment because I find it astounding. You’re under the impression that I am paid to post on USMB? Like the DNC of whatever would actually waste money on a single person to post on a message board. That is your assumption? Like how much does one get paid for that? Is it full time? Do I get benefits? I mean I’ve been on this board for 12 years mind you.
You tell me!

He "barely" won in 2016 by the exact same margin in the electoral college that Biden won over Trump, that was described as a "Landslide" by the left.

Forum List

Back