So, there are at least some atheists who can admit they were wrong...

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
Some people can spend their lives in denial and with ridiculing of others. They may even earn a living at it. But then sometimes something happens. Perhaps they simply decide to really do some personal investigation. It's easy to assume what others say or think is correct or inferior depending on one's hopes and desires. A rut is hard to maneuver out of. And it is likely uncomfortable to change when one is faced with a suspicious notion that one maybe wrong ---- especially when change can mean losing one's self... God Dots: Atheists Who Became Big Believers – Christian Living Magazine

Who's to say if atheists are wrong or right, and who's to say that believers in the almighty are wrong or right?

Everyone has a right to their own beliefs and there are many different religions that differ from Christianity. In this country we have freedom of religion.

Who's to say if atheists are wrong or right, and who's to say that believers in the almighty are wrong or right?

Everyone has a right to their own beliefs and there are many different religions that differ from Christianity. In this country we have freedom of religion.
Everyone has a right to consideration. No one has the right to ignorance of thoughtful reasoning -- regardless of its origin.

Some people can spend their lives in denial and with ridiculing of others. They may even earn a living at it. But then sometimes something happens. Perhaps they simply decide to really do some personal investigation. It's easy to assume what others say or think is correct or inferior depending on one's hopes and desires. A rut is hard to maneuver out of. And it is likely uncomfortable to change when one is faced with a suspicious notion that one maybe wrong ---- especially when change can mean losing one's self... God Dots: Atheists Who Became Big Believers – Christian Living Magazine

I don't know that they are admitting they were wrong. I am a relativist. Do what works for you. If it no longer works for you, find something better.

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, the divinity of Christ, the existence of the Trinity or the creation myths of any religions that I've ever read about. If that make me an ashiest, then yes. I once believed in some of those things, long ago in the dawn of life, and I admit I was wrong.

So, there are at least some atheists who can admit they were wrong...
They can't be atheists then...
What? Atheists cannot be wrong or that they cannot admit it?
If atheists admit 'they were wrong', they are not atheists because they believe in a god.
I think you mean that they are no longer atheists. This is true. And there are those that were either indifferent to, or didn't believe in GOD, who came to faith at death's very door. And in that, it's NEVER the other way around.

I don't think anyone should be surprised that some people change their beliefs. I don't know if it is typically a rational decision though, I'd bet it is more emotional. If your beliefs are not giving you the satisfaction you think they should you're apt to change them. Finding God is one example but there are plenty of examples in every aspect of life. People get divorced, Christians become Muslims, liberals become Trumpers. If you're not happy you try something new.

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, the divinity of Christ, the existence of the Trinity or the creation myths of any religions that I've ever read about. If that make me an ashiest, then yes. I once believed in some of those things, long ago in the dawn of life, and I admit I was wrong.
I don't believe in the immaculate conception either. Mary was never born without original sin. However, Mary was the vehicle through which the MESSIAH/CHRIST chose to assume both the form of man and yet be God. You are in fact TRIUNE. You posses a body and soul. It is your spirit which is either of GOD or of Satan. The Christian becomes indwelled with the HOLY SPIRIT and can no longer be possessed by Satan. ALL demonic possessions occur to those without the HOLY SPIRIT. Such are open vessels awaiting to be assumed.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone should be surprised that some people change their beliefs. I don't know if it is typically a rational decision though, I'd bet it is more emotional. If your beliefs are not giving you the satisfaction you think they should you're apt to change them. Finding God is one example but there are plenty of examples in every aspect of life. People get divorced, Christians become Muslims, liberals become Trumpers. If you're not happy you try something new.
I've heard of people becoming Muslim. Unfortunately, such merely see a hypocrisy in a shadow of "christianity" founded in one's own work ethic, and not upon the SAVIOR ------ or they are trading one set of rules for another. People never reach GOD by merit ------ no matter how hard they try. And so they waffle and flounder. Even the agnostic or atheist is attempting to reach some form of euphoria through his own philosophical prowess or his own scientific ingenuity. Maybe it is simply a lust for life. Yet, they never reach it.

Last edited:
I've heard of people becoming Muslim. Unfortunately, such merely see a hypocrisy in a shadow of "christianity" founded in one's own work ethic, and not upon the SAVIOR ------ or they are trading one set of rules for another. People never reach GOD by merit ------ nor matter how hard they try. And so they waffle and flounder.
or maybe the choose to live in a belief system where their actions matter...

I've heard of people becoming Muslim. Unfortunately, such merely see a hypocrisy in a shadow of "christianity" founded in one's own work ethic, and not upon the SAVIOR ------ or they are trading one set of rules for another. People never reach GOD by merit ------ nor matter how hard they try. And so they waffle and flounder.
or maybe they choose to live in a belief system where their actions matter...
Actions have consequences with or without GOD.

Forum List

Back