So, there are at least some atheists who can admit they were wrong...

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, the divinity of Christ, the existence of the Trinity or the creation myths of any religions that I've ever read about. If that make me an ashiest, then yes. I once believed in some of those things, long ago in the dawn of life, and I admit I was wrong.
I don't believe in the immaculate conception either. Mary was never born without original sin. However, Mary was the vehicle through which the MESSIAH/CHRIST chose to assume both the form of man and yet be God. You are in fact TRIUNE. You posses a body and soul. It is your spirit which is either of GOD or of Satan. The Christian becomes indwelled with the HOLY SPIRIT and can no longer be possessed by Satan. ALL demonic possessions occur to those without the HOLY SPIRIT. Such are open vessels awaiting to be assumed.

So, did you ever believe in the immaculate conception?

I don't believe in the immaculate conception, the divinity of Christ, the existence of the Trinity or the creation myths of any religions that I've ever read about. If that make me an ashiest, then yes. I once believed in some of those things, long ago in the dawn of life, and I admit I was wrong.
I don't believe in the immaculate conception either. Mary was never born without original sin. However, Mary was the vehicle through which the MESSIAH/CHRIST chose to assume both the form of man and yet be God. You are in fact TRIUNE. You posses a body and soul. It is your spirit which is either of GOD or of Satan. The Christian becomes indwelled with the HOLY SPIRIT and can no longer be possessed by Satan. ALL demonic possessions occur to those without the HOLY SPIRIT. Such are open vessels awaiting to be assumed.

So, did you ever believe in the immaculate conception?
No, because there is no Biblical evidence. My father was once Roman Catholic, but he came to see Catholicism as a works oriented, governmentally controlled, and tradition corrupted, man manipulated religion. Having a gospel based, personal relationship with GOD isn't what Roman Catholicism is. Christ isn't the head of the Catholic church ----- their pope is... Mary for them plays a much larger than life role. Don't get me wrong. Mary was certainly blessed by GOD. However, Mary was indeed in need of the SAVIOR just as much as everyone else was and is.

Some people can spend their lives in denial and with ridiculing of others. They may even earn a living at it. But then sometimes something happens. Perhaps they simply decide to really do some personal investigation. It's easy to assume what others say or think is correct or inferior depending on one's hopes and desires. A rut is hard to maneuver out of. And it is likely uncomfortable to change when one is faced with a suspicious notion that one maybe wrong ---- especially when change can mean losing one's self... God Dots: Atheists Who Became Big Believers – Christian Living Magazine
Wrong about what?

Some people can spend their lives in denial and with ridiculing of others. They may even earn a living at it. But then sometimes something happens. Perhaps they simply decide to really do some personal investigation. It's easy to assume what others say or think is correct or inferior depending on one's hopes and desires. A rut is hard to maneuver out of. And it is likely uncomfortable to change when one is faced with a suspicious notion that one maybe wrong ---- especially when change can mean losing one's self... God Dots: Atheists Who Became Big Believers – Christian Living Magazine
Yes, we call them "delusional".

For some the act of becoming a Christian means that notions and baggage must be weaned away.
Well you are failing big time, then. One example is the baggage you bring into every science thread.
What I bring is what you (I should think) bring, personal convictions. However, my convictions were not thrust upon me. Creationism was not a consideration growing up. I constantly heard "natural" theory of evolution in school, and slowly became convinced that something was lacking in it. I witnessed how inconsiderate my fellow students became within a week after the the morning opening exercise of Bible reading was ended in 1963. I began to search and discovered
The Genesis Flood: The Biblical Record and its Scientific Implications is a 1961 book by young Earth creationists John C. Whitcomb and Henry M. Morris . And this thoughtful book demonstrated that not everyone felt the same way. There were other considerations. And so I bring to the table the next atheist who changed ----- C.S. Lewis: https://www.cslewisinstitute.org/node/48

Forum List

Back