So the SJWs now Condemn History as Hate Speech? OMG

I take it that means Youtube. Which MEANS history is still available as long as it isn't recruiting for the Nazi's or the KKK.
Which is not the point here, the point is that leftists are getting regular history purged at UTube merely for having Nazis in the videos and that is a new phase for the MArxist left.

Who goes to Youtube to learn history?
I've been having to educate myself on it, going back to ancient times and covering the whole globe, because I'm going to be teaching it. I haven't yet needed to go to Youtube for it. That's for OPINIONS and yes, I am not shocked that some of those opinions include hate for one or another group. You make it sound as if the "Left" is changing history by banning hate speech. That's ridiculous.

History videos are not hate speech, that's the point.
Yoir kidding right?

I can put anything I want up on YouTube and call it history.

Read my post to OLDLADY (#13).

Just like that video. It's not really history.

Just like what video?
That just makes what he did worse.

What did he do in the first place to make it worse?
Being a history professor and posting false information.

I take it that means Youtube. Which MEANS history is still available as long as it isn't recruiting for the Nazi's or the KKK.
Which is not the point here, the point is that leftists are getting regular history purged at UTube merely for having Nazis in the videos and that is a new phase for the MArxist left.
I'm pretty sure that is not what the examples here have shown, though. My earlier posts still stand. YOUtube is for any Joe Schmoe's opinion and anyone can make a video with his version of history, which includes the bias of haters who are always eager to spread their views.
If Youtube wants a Nazi free zone, legally that is up to them, but I can see where "history" videos about Nazi's might be a ripe petri dish for growing some hate speech.
If like Marion you don't know what hate speech is, I can't help you.

This has gone war past the horizon for blitheringly stupid asinine behavior.

Good Gawd, are these people even in possession of a mind?

Report: YouTube #VoxAdpocalypse Censored Historical and Educational Videos | Breitbart

According to a recent report from The Guardian, YouTube has begun removing and demonetizing educational history videos relating to the Nazi regime and fascism following a campaign by leftist Vox journalist Carlos Maza to have offensive content about him removed from the platform. Carlos Maza recently called for conservative commentator Steven Crowder to be removed from YouTube, claiming that Crowder repeatedly directed homophobic slurs at him. Maza took to Twitter to call Crowder out and pressure YouTube to take action, claiming that despite being used to “online harassment,” Crowder had been “bothering him.”...

Shortly after that, multiple other independent creators found their content removed from the site or demonetized, including history teacher Scott Allsop, who runs a website and YouTube revision channel called MrAllsopHistory. Allsop’s channel featured hundreds of historical clips on a number of topics from the Norman conquest to the cold war; his channel has now been deleted for breaching hate speech rules. “It’s absolutely vital that YouTube work to undo the damage caused by their indiscriminate implementation as soon as possible,” said Allsop. “Access to important material is being denied wholesale as many other channels are left branded as promoting hate when they do nothing of the sort.”

Richard Jones-Nerzic, a British teacher, was also affected by what has been branded the #VoxAdpocalypse. Jones-Nerzic stated that YouTube’s policy failed to take into account the extent to which the British history syllabus focused on World War 2. “Modern world study and Hitler in particular have dominated the history curriculum in the UK over the last 25 years,” said Jones-Nerzic who had a number of clips from old documentaries about the rise of Nazism removed from the platform.

Jones-Nerzic stated that he is appealing the deletion of his content and argued that this was in fact a “form of negationism or even Holocaust denial.” He added: “I have for a long time been unhappy with how my films have often been hijacked by neo-fascists through the comments section, but YouTube’s actions are far too indiscriminate.”

Allsop suggested that the site must take educational context into account when censoring content: “I fully support YouTube’s increased efforts to curb hate speech, but also feel that silencing the very people who seek to teach about its dangers could be counter-productive to YouTube’s intended goal.” A YouTube spokesperson stated that the company uses a combination of technology and employees to enforce guidelines and encouraged individuals to provide context to the clips they upload noting that they are educational material. YouTube stated that Allsop and Jones-Nerzic’s content has since been reinstated.

Lucas Nolan is a reporter for Breitbart News covering issues of free speech and online censorship.
Orwell wrote 1984 as a warning. The Left use it as a how-to guide.

Report: YouTube #VoxAdpocalypse Censored Historical and Educational Videos | Breitbart

According to a recent report from The Guardian, YouTube has begun removing and demonetizing educational history videos relating to the Nazi regime and fascism following a campaign by leftist Vox journalist Carlos Maza to have offensive content about him removed from the platform. Carlos Maza recently called for conservative commentator Steven Crowder to be removed from YouTube, claiming that Crowder repeatedly directed homophobic slurs at him. Maza took to Twitter to call Crowder out and pressure YouTube to take action, claiming that despite being used to “online harassment,” Crowder had been “bothering him.”...

Shortly after that, multiple other independent creators found their content removed from the site or demonetized, including history teacher Scott Allsop, who runs a website and YouTube revision channel called MrAllsopHistory. Allsop’s channel featured hundreds of historical clips on a number of topics from the Norman conquest to the cold war; his channel has now been deleted for breaching hate speech rules. “It’s absolutely vital that YouTube work to undo the damage caused by their indiscriminate implementation as soon as possible,” said Allsop. “Access to important material is being denied wholesale as many other channels are left branded as promoting hate when they do nothing of the sort.”

Richard Jones-Nerzic, a British teacher, was also affected by what has been branded the #VoxAdpocalypse. Jones-Nerzic stated that YouTube’s policy failed to take into account the extent to which the British history syllabus focused on World War 2. “Modern world study and Hitler in particular have dominated the history curriculum in the UK over the last 25 years,” said Jones-Nerzic who had a number of clips from old documentaries about the rise of Nazism removed from the platform.

Jones-Nerzic stated that he is appealing the deletion of his content and argued that this was in fact a “form of negationism or even Holocaust denial.” He added: “I have for a long time been unhappy with how my films have often been hijacked by neo-fascists through the comments section, but YouTube’s actions are far too indiscriminate.”

Allsop suggested that the site must take educational context into account when censoring content: “I fully support YouTube’s increased efforts to curb hate speech, but also feel that silencing the very people who seek to teach about its dangers could be counter-productive to YouTube’s intended goal.” A YouTube spokesperson stated that the company uses a combination of technology and employees to enforce guidelines and encouraged individuals to provide context to the clips they upload noting that they are educational material. YouTube stated that Allsop and Jones-Nerzic’s content has since been reinstated.

Lucas Nolan is a reporter for Breitbart News covering issues of free speech and online censorship.

I've been having to educate myself on it, going back to ancient times and covering the whole globe, because I'm going to be teaching it. I haven't yet needed to go to Youtube for it. That's for OPINIONS and yes, I am not shocked that some of those opinions include hate for one or another group. You make it sound as if the "Left" is changing history by banning hate speech. That's ridiculous.

Why would you say that? Anyone can make a video saying anything they like about history, factual or not, and put it up on Youtube. Nothing to stop them. Nothing to stop them including their biased hate in that "lecture," either.

The man is a history teacher. Here is a link to the About page on his history website: About | History revision for GCSE, IGCSE, IB and AS/A2 History | Mr Allsop History

I'm not sure why Allsop's perspective on Nazi history is so attractive to the neo-Nazi's. That's kind of interesting. I'm not about to go research it though.

Nothing was said about neo-nazis in connection with Allsop or his videos. The only thing we know is that YouTube yanked his material because it contained historical footage and narratives about German Nazis.
Seems suspect considering the hundreds of videos on Nazis that are on YouTube that have not been"censored"..

I can't speak to the the hundreds of videos on Nazis that are on YouTube but I will say that this particular person is a history teacher and uploads videos on various historical topics (WWII is only one of many history topics he discusses).

Yoir kidding right?

Just like what video?

What false information?

YOUtube is for any Joe Schmoe's opinion and anyone can make a video with his version of history, which includes the bias of haters who are always eager to spread their views.
If Youtube wants a Nazi free zone, legally that is up to them, but I can see where "history" videos about Nazi's might be a ripe petri dish for growing some hate speech.
So is "Inside the Third Reich" hate speech now?

You leftists are going insane and you cant even see it.

I can't speak to the the hundreds of videos on Nazis that are on YouTube but I will say that this particular person is a history teacher and uploads videos on various historical topics (WWII is only one of many history topics he discusses).
Yeah, the leftwing hang man has gotten to him but not others as of yet.

But libtards are OK with that as long as he hasn't arrived at their front door step yet.

take a wild guess what theyre progressing towards

1 whats next.png

But libtards are OK with that as long as he hasn't arrived at their front door step yet.
It’s open arms for the Left to fascism.

It’s open arms for the Left to fascism.
1*OF0JiJnW_gyV4kcg3n6DCw.gif

Early call to fascism....

Why would you say that? Anyone can make a video saying anything they like about history, factual or not, and put it up on Youtube. Nothing to stop them. Nothing to stop them including their biased hate in that "lecture," either.

The man is a history teacher. Here is a link to the About page on his history website: About | History revision for GCSE, IGCSE, IB and AS/A2 History | Mr Allsop History

I'm not sure why Allsop's perspective on Nazi history is so attractive to the neo-Nazi's. That's kind of interesting. I'm not about to go research it though.

Nothing was said about neo-nazis in connection with Allsop or his videos. The only thing we know is that YouTube yanked his material because it contained historical footage and narratives about German Nazis.
Seems suspect considering the hundreds of videos on Nazis that are on YouTube that have not been"censored"..

And our science teacher is a Creationist who tells our students he doesn't "agree" with the scientific method.
Everyone's got an opinion, teachers included.

YOUtube is for any Joe Schmoe's opinion and anyone can make a video with his version of history, which includes the bias of haters who are always eager to spread their views.
So is "Inside the Third Reich" hate speech now?

You leftists are going insane and you cant even see it.
How would I know if "Inside the Third Reich" is hate speech? I don't even know what it is. Has it been taken off Youtube? Is it a movie, a documentary, what? Don't ask stupid questions, Jim. You're usually better than that.

"Those who cannot learn from history are"-the rest has been censured.

Yoir kidding right?

Just like what video?

What false information?
Uh, the video mentioned in the OP.

Did you completely forget what this thread was about?

And our science teacher is a Creationist who tells our students he doesn't "agree" with the scientific method.
Everyone's got an opinion, teachers included.

I haven't watched any of the videos so I can't say how much is opinion and how much is not. The point is that he is, in fact, a history teacher and his videos are about history. In other words, he's not a white supremacist or Nazi or anything like that spouting racist propaganda.

Just like what video?

What false information?

Just like what video?

What false information?

Uh, the only video linked in the OP is the one with Stephen Crowder, who is not a history teacher and doesn't say anything about history in the video anyway. I don't know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back