So..that whole 'History' thing...

resurrected once, time again. :cool:

Discussing Spanish-American war, investments in Venezuala at the time. Able to pull off stories today. The 8th grade was googly eyed.

That's history.

Don't do too much of that, it gets annoying. I was watching the History Channel and they were drawing WAY too many analogies. "This ship from the time of the Romans was the equivialent of an aircraft carrier" or "Benjamen Franklin was the equivalent of a Rockstar in his time." Sometimes, you just can't make an analogy, so just keep quiet.

Don't do too much of that, it gets annoying. I was watching the History Channel and they were drawing WAY too many analogies. "This ship from the time of the Romans was the equivialent of an aircraft carrier" or "Benjamen Franklin was the equivalent of a Rockstar in his time." Sometimes, you just can't make an analogy, so just keep quiet.

In the nicest way I know, be quiet. You have zip to add.

i wasn't telling you to keep quiet, i was telling programs like on the history channel to be quiet. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I should have phrased it better.

BIG Snoozer....I think history teachers TRY to make their classes unbearably boring....

:)

The History Channel is pretty cool, though.
Bite your tongue! My classes are anything but boring.

History teachers don't understand why the kids aren't as interested in the subject as they are themselves, yet most seem to lack the skills necessary to draw the student into the subject so that they can see it as a story, like the History Channel does. It is a rare and pleasant experience to be in a class with a History teacher that has that ability.
Do you feel the same way about Algebra or Biology?

History teachers don't understand why the kids aren't as interested in the subject as they are themselves, yet most seem to lack the skills necessary to draw the student into the subject so that they can see it as a story, like the History Channel does. It is a rare and pleasant experience to be in a class with a History teacher that has that ability.
I can't see why I wouldn't. Great teachers that engage and change how you care about their subject are rare birds indeed.

You want great teachers you better increase the pay big time. Who wants to put up with all that stress for a pittance?

I can't see why I wouldn't. Great teachers that engage and change how you care about their subject are rare birds indeed.
You want a circus clown, not a teacher. Do you want a brain surgeon who only pursued that track because he was "entertained"by his professors?

Forum List

Back