So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

And that makes him wrong how?

His issue is that federal government shouldn't be involved in certain matters.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. - Amendment XIV​

Now that's a winning issue!

:rofl:

You need a link. -EZ

I heard that tonight. It's pretty shocking but likely has to do with a Libertarion pov and zero tolerance for spending.

Still gets you wondering what's going on in that head of his..

Of course, that is nothing but your spin...

OK, I'll give it a shot.

Some things are all are nothing. Where is the "line". Naturally, a restaurant can refuse someone if they are dressed inappropriately. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

But to completely block doing business with an entire race of people simply because of the color of their skin? Where does it stop? No grocery store will sell them food? No business will hire them? No Private university will accept them as students? No doctor will treat them?

Seriously, does this have to be "explained"?

Uh, Dean, if a restaurant said "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" or "NO LATINOS ALLOWED" or "NO MIDDLE-EASTERNERS ALLOWED" they would lose business fast and have to either allow any patron to enter their establishment or shut down business if they really have that attitude.

And addendum to my restaurant post: If a business really does feel that strongly about only serving specific groups of people, their service probably isn't worth the time of day anyway. I'll bet whatever they have to offer (not just a restaurant but any other business as well) probably sucks, too.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. - Amendment XIV
That doesn't mean I have the right to give Old Country Buffet my business after church on Sundays and not be denied service because I'm a Latino.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. - Amendment XIV
That doesn't mean I have the right to give Old Country Buffet my business after church on Sundays and not be denied service because I'm a Latino.

I think there are state laws about accommodation in public places.The Buffet is NOT a private business as it is open to the public.

:eusa_whistle:

C-J Editorial Board Interviews

You can hear him say it here.

He says private business should be able to discriminate at about 59mins.

You mentally ill mother Fucker you! He said he's for private companies to be able to hire who they want. He didn't say he was against the Civil Rights Act. Most of the whole entire interview is talking against Racism, The treatment of Native Americans and how great MLK was. You stupid, race baiting spin artist dumb ass. ~BH

Uh, Dean, if a restaurant said "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" or "NO LATINOS ALLOWED" or "NO MIDDLE-EASTERNERS ALLOWED" they would lose business fast and have to either allow any patron to enter their establishment or shut down business if they really have that attitude.

Not in the confederate south. Seriously, does that have to be explained?

Forum List

Back