So, Obama said there was no boots in libya

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
This military guy says different..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-13OpKFqk]2000 Marines Headed For Libya Obama Lies Again! (Mirror) - YouTube[/ame]

Technically, he has not lied... yet. Until the Marines are on the ground, he has not lied.

Of course, not that the majority of the hostilities are likely over, he can claim they are peace keepers, there to assist the new regime, etc., and technically still not have lied.

EDIT:

That was back in March, btw...
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8039326
The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.
They were already schedule to deploy. It just got bumped up, as a precaution most likely.

Sorry, but nothing to see here folks (and remember, I'm a Republican, a conservative, and I don't like most of what Obama has done to this country).

Last edited:
Frankly the GOP reaction to Libya has been such spineless partisan crap.

Any Republican President at the time would have done much of the same thing. [We have doing the same thing in Somalia for 10 years, but it isn't making the news]

National Sovereignty arguments are for far left moonbats like Noam Chomsky when they want to defend the acts of a brutal dictator who hates the US. It doesn't fit the GOP we all know.Better yet, for once Western Europe has been more gung-ho about involvement than we have been.

Does anyone actually want Moamar to stay? Give me a break! The guy is being toppled. He was a brutal dictator. He deserves it.

I can't see this as anything bad.

Honestly I think we should have done something. What I dont like is the way he did without Congress approval. If this was Bush the libs would be calling him to be impeached. I just dont like the double standards!:doubt:

Any Republican President at the time would have done much of the same thing. [We have doing the same thing in Somalia for 10 years, but it isn't making the news]

National Sovereignty arguments are for far left moonbats like Noam Chomsky when they want to defend the acts of a brutal dictator who hates the US. It doesn't fit the GOP we all know.Better yet, for once Western Europe has been more gung-ho about involvement than we have been.

Does anyone actually want Moamar to stay? Give me a break! The guy is being toppled. He was a brutal dictator. He deserves it.

Just curious here... was this your opinion about Iraq as well? Or was that just 'different'?

Honestly I think we should have done something. What I dont like is the way he did without Congress approval. If this was Bush the libs would be calling him to be impeached. I just dont like the double standards!:doubt:

Then don't use double standards yourself. How can you call them "boots on the ground" when they never left their ships, huh?!?! :eusa_hand:

Technically, he has not lied... yet. Until the Marines are on the ground, he has not lied.

Of course, not that the majority of the hostilities are likely over, he can claim they are peace keepers, there to assist the new regime, etc., and technically still not have lied.

EDIT:

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast | abc11.com
The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.
They were already schedule to deploy. It just got bumped up, as a precaution most likely.

Sorry, but nothing to see here folks (and remember, I'm a Republican, a conservative, and I don't like most of what Obama has done to this country).

Actually -- technically -- he HAS lied already. Because in the opening weeks of the "project", we had to send in a rescue team for downed fliers..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/22/libya-downed-airmen-rescue

Not only were we on the ground -- but we fired heavily on FRIENDLY locals trying to help the men..

Last edited:

EDIT:

I agree, nothing of any consequence.

How many American troops were lost in Libya?

How about the Balkans?

Go on..use Google.

So you LOVE wars where we bomb Chinese Embassies and commuter trains in Serbia from 10,000 feet? That's an admirable standard for using military force...

I think there are times when it's necessary to use force. Letting Yugoslavia devolve into a murderous genocide was not a preferred option. Letting a Tyrant and Terrorist murder his own people was not a preferred option.

It's not about "love". It's about what positive role this country can perform in the world.

Just curious here... was this your opinion about Iraq as well? Or was that just 'different'?

I just posted my opinion about it in an Iraq war thread.

Its a little complicated.

I think we started the war for the wrong reasons. I believe it had more to do with looking for an easy victory in the Middle East and a country which could be democratized by force without drawing in other Arab nations against us. Saddam fit the bill. WMDs thing was just a pretext. Once we started the occupation, I was a major proponent in staying there so the country would not devolve into Somali part II. I thought the anti-war movement and John Kerry were a bit naive. It didn't matter if Bush lied, we had to fix what we broke.

That being said, I have no problems with the results. Saddam is gone and the world is better without him. We brought democracy to the Arab world and although a little hamfisted, it is working.

Iraqis have actually taken to democracy in a way few really expected. The ethnic civil war never materialized because Iraqis were at first annoyed over Al Queda efforts to spark one and second because they found that political solutions seem to be working better.

Last edited:

EDIT:

Actually -- technically -- he HAS lied already. Because in the opening weeks of the "project", we had to send in a rescue team for downed fliers..

Libya: Six injured as US team botches rescue of downed airmen | World news | The Guardian

Not only were we on the ground -- but we fired heavily on FRIENDLY locals trying to help the men..
I'll have to remember that... a rescue mission is the same as 'combat boots on the ground'... got it :rofl:

had we NOT sent a rescue mission in for a downed pilot, some people would be bitching up a storm. You're whining because we DID send a rescue mission in?

Putz.

No actually I'm whining because the Prez twisted the reality of war into a convienient excuse for not getting Congressional approval for "the action". Of course, we needed to go in after those guys. But the act of DOING THAT and killing innocent civilians in the process -- just demonstrates how LYING about what is a war and what is NOT (as Obama's weirdly contorted statements) -- is giving folks the impression that missiles and bombing missions aren't intended to destroy and kill...

I'll certainly remember the "putz" comment also...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back