So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

It's pretty simple....

The liberal social policies from the 1950s - 1980s, whereby they took blacks... relocated them, and packed them in like sardines in public housing, away from jobs and themselves of course - is what built the modern inner city black culture. It created a permanent dependent culture.
I don't care what color people are, if you give them essentially free housing, free food and cash welfare payments to "make them go away" - which is what the fuck happened - you are setting those people up for failure.
Until the left can even BEGIN to admit these policies created the inner city black population that is what we all talk about. High crime, poorly educated, amoral culture and the destruction of the family unit.

In Chicago the industries fled the cities for the suburbs . You should educate yourself. I think this documentary will surprise you. Its very fair and matter of fact.

PBS created a series entitled America Beyond the Color Line with Henry Louis Gates, Jr., a documentary series that looked at communities of African Americans in four areas of the United States. The phrase's current use in modern journalism reflects a continued use of the phrase even though the legalized segregation that continued after the abolition of slavery.
Color line (racism) - Wikipedia

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.

I'm more concerned about honest discussions about policing, not about "race".

The death of George Floyd had nothing at all to do about the race and ethnicities of the principles- no evidence was shown that either Chauvin nor Floyd's actions were in any way connected with the color of their skin.

What the real question here is, what do Americans want police officers to do. If they expect them to go out and be aggressive, this kind of event, this kind of death, with continue to occur regularly. If Americans are cooler with a more relaxed police force, where the fellows spend most of their time minding their own beeswax, visiting Mr. Rogers as an "officer friendly" persona, and respecting America's Sacred Cows, you'll see less problemos.

However, the latter might result in a higher crime rate.

It's pretty simple....

The liberal social policies from the 1950s - 1980s, whereby they took blacks... relocated them, and packed them in like sardines in public housing, away from jobs and themselves of course - is what built the modern inner city black culture. It created a permanent dependent culture.
I don't care what color people are, if you give them essentially free housing, free food and cash welfare payments to "make them go away" - which is what the fuck happened - you are setting those people up for failure.
Until the left can even BEGIN to admit these policies created the inner city black population that is what we all talk about. High crime, poorly educated, amoral culture and the destruction of the family unit.

In Chicago the industries fled the cities for the suburbs . You should educate yourself. I think this documentary will surprise you. Its very fair and matter of fact.

PBS created a series entitled America Beyond the Color Line with Henry Louis Gates, Jr., a documentary series that looked at communities of African Americans in four areas of the United States. The phrase's current use in modern journalism reflects a continued use of the phrase even though the legalized segregation that continued after the abolition of slavery.

READ - I don't like your facts, so I want to create my own and instead believe this documentary.

The documentary, whatever it is, doesn't change the fact that liberal social policies did what they did.
PERIOD. You are simply wanting to ignore one set of facts, and replace them with ones you like better

It's pretty simple....

READ - I don't like your facts, so I want to create my own and instead believe this documentary.

The documentary, whatever it is, doesn't change the fact that liberal social policies did what they did.
PERIOD. You are simply wanting to ignore one set of facts, and replace them with ones you like better

Too bad you reject learning... I guess that makes a great Trumpie.

It's pretty simple....

You attempt to deflect the facts presented, avoiding discussing them by instead presenting something completely different - and then accuse the other of ignoring facts.

You just can't make this shit up. People are so ignorant.

It's pretty simple....

You attempt to deflect the facts presented, avoiding discussing them by instead presenting something completely different - and then accuse the other of ignoring facts.

South Chicago was once thriving with black professionals, cafes, music venues, black banks, lawyers, doctors and school teaches. You know, the first wave.

It's pretty simple....

South Chicago was once thriving with black professionals, cafes, music venues, black banks, lawyers, doctors and school teaches. You know, the first wave.

Yeah, the Great Society really fucked the black family.

It's pretty simple....

They moved to the suburbs to avoid the second wave in the early 1950s.

It's pretty simple....

They moved to the suburbs to avoid the second wave in the early 1950s.

Professional blacks moved away from other blacks?

Don't they know that's racist?

The verdict is bad, but it's not the real problem. The problem is Democrats are now forcing police to wear body cameras at all times. Now police can't do their job the way they should because they are being filmed.
How does filming everything prevent them from doing their jobs the way they're supposed to?
The police need to send a message to the thugs out there, sometimes that means getting a little rough.

To be clear, you are referring to them doing things outside the law, right?
Good guys with guns sometimes need to take extra action to send the bad guys a message. You libs would have your panties in knots if you really knew what we did to the bad guys in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some rules are made to be broken.

To be clear, you are referring to them doing things outside the law, right?
Good guys with guns sometimes need to take extra action to send the bad guys a message. You libs would have your panties in knots if you really knew what we did to the bad guys in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some rules are made to be broken.

I sure hope you aren't a cop.

Forum List

Back