So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

A dramatic change will occur when a dramatic change in the behavior of black males occurs.
You cannot expect to be treated the same as everyone else when, you have a criminal history, and you resist arrest.
It's only common sense. But I know, you all will blame it on everything else except your own behavior.
Thanks for your honest and open hostility and hatred for black Americans.

This has nothing to do with me.
When ANYONE has a criminal record, fights and attempts to flee, they should not expect to be allowed to simply walk away.
Most of these high profile cases that create rioting across our country have one thing in common. Black males.

I don't think anything will change related to Dem racism in Dem run cities in Dem run states resulting in Dems rioting, looting, burning Dem neighborhoods.

So, you are pulled over for whatever reason and you choose to get into a shouting and screaming and wrestling match with folks who have guns

Doesn’t give cops the right to kill people who are handcuffed

Do we have a wide spread problem of handcuffed people being killed by police?

The fact of the matter is when you pose yourself a threat to cops you might get killed. If you don’t 99.9999999999% of the time you won’t. But keep parroting a divisive and false narrative

So, you are pulled over for whatever reason and you choose to get into a shouting and screaming and wrestling match with folks who have guns

The fact of the matter is when you pose yourself a threat to cops you might get killed. If you don’t 99.9999999999% of the time you won’t. But keep parroting a divisive and false narrative

In an overwhelming majority of cases where cops claim they felt threatened or endangered they are given a pass.

Hard to claim you felt threatened by a handcuffed suspect on the ground and not resisting. Videos made it clear

In an overwhelming majority of cases where cops claim they felt threatened or endangered they are given a pass.

Hard to claim you felt threatened by a handcuffed suspect on the ground and not resisting. Videos made it clear

And the cop was found guilty

In all the other cases the moral of the story is comply with police orders or you can turn a routine arrest or track stop or whatever the case maybe into a dangerous situation.

is it so much to ask for people to abide by commands of cops?

The verdict is bad, but it's not the real problem. The problem is Democrats are now forcing police to wear body cameras at all times. Now police can't do their job the way they should because they are being filmed.
The Democrats are bent on replacing our constitutional freedoms with oligarchy and federalism rather than states's rights to choose whether citizens can take human beings out before they are born and anything else that causes anarchy in the family.

This has nothing to do with me.
When ANYONE has a criminal record, fights and attempts to flee, they should not expect to be allowed to simply walk away.
Most of these high profile cases that create rioting across our country have one thing in common. Black males.
What role does the cop involved play into things?

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.
Congratulations

you posted over 100 words and said NOTHING of value

what changes do you want in race relations that you are afraid to say?

Remember when the goal was to eliminate racism by getting past / being able to see beyond a person's skin color?

Now it's ALL about skin color....

'BLACK Lives Matter'...

:(
When cops and the justice system can see past skin color you have a point

They don’t and you don’t

So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

A lot more people are going to die, because police won't be proactive and you can't blame them a bit.

Explain exactly police are, and have been, proactive.

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.
We certainly learned that it's very important to stop and film police interactions like this......without those bystanders doing so, Chauvin would have gotten away with murder.....most likely to do it again at a later date to someone else.

is it so much to ask for people to abide by commands of cops?

Nope

And it is not too much to ask for cops not to go ape shit when their commands are not followed

Yeah if it’s not too much to ask how come liberals never bring it up when it’s always the common denominator to all these shootings?

The ratio of surviving to resisting arrest is high, so, no, police don’t look at a suspect resisting arrest and say here’s my chance to get away with murder. If an officer feels threatened they’re going to take action. I would too, and I would want officers to take action.

All the left’s narratives on policing are bullshit.

Remember when the goal was to eliminate racism by getting past / being able to see beyond a person's skin color?

Now it's ALL about skin color....

'BLACK Lives Matter'...

:(
When was that exactly? And what were your efforts towards that goal?

Biden is pushing Critical Race theory to kids across the country.
The racism will get worse not better.Now minorities will be told every shitty day they have as adults will be whitey's fault.
America is fucked. If I were American I'd move to Florida of Wyoming or Idaho.
Most likely Wyoming.
The teachers union in Wyoming are like teacher unions everywhere else.

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

The thing that will stop these racist bastards in their tracks is punishment.

1. They get convicted and do hard time to life for these offenses.
2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)

After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.

Largely, you are correctamundo here. Police officers are learning to stay out of trouble and avoid sticky situations so this kind of bad news doesn't happen to them like it did with Officer Chauvin - or Officer Wilson in Ferguson who lost his career- or countless others who have been punished even when exonerated. Had Chauvin been proclaimed innocent today, he would have still been out of a job and out of the fortune it cost him to defend himself.

Police officers are learning to avoid troublesome situations, and are indeed learning that the Black Man is America's Sacred Cow and to tread gently around them.

Oh, i though you you were going to say that democrats and BLM can shut the fuck up now and quit burning down cities and murdering people.
Not when they just learned that burning down cities and murdering people works.

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

The thing that will stop these racist bastards in their tracks is punishment.
  1. They get convicted and do hard time to life for these offenses.
  2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.
So has police shootings of aa's gone up or down

If you want to comment on my post, be my guest.
I did. I want you to be a man, for once in your life, and spell out exactly what you're nibbling around the edges trying to insinuate.

Spell. It. Out.
You took the initiative to comment on my post. How bout you just say what you gotta say or move on along? It's that simple.
And for the record, your childish effort to goad me into your brainless game is noted. Perhaps you should practice what you preach about being a man?

Race has nothing to do with it dumbass. Why is it PROG think everything has to do with someone's race?

You want to talk about racism, how about you shut up about it, it's you fuckers who market it.

Forum List

Back