So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.
Nothing. Negroes will still commit crimes at rates far exceeding everyone else. Cops will still have to deal with black thugs who think they can get away with crime. If anything they’ll think they are even more immune to accountability. So more black criminals will continue to get shot by cops for not obeying orders.

Also nothing will change in Dem run shitholes with blacks killing each other in droves. In fact it will go up more as cops refuse to police them.

So mission accomplished, blacks will be worse off.

After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.
Do you acknowledge that not all of them are intent on murdering "innocent" black men? Does it ever occur to you that once that job becomes so potentially destructive of the cop's life and future, the best and brightest will walk away and leave it to the real racists? The reality is that cops tend to react based on what they KNOW, statistically, is the greatest threat to their lives.
There are definitely bad, brutal, and sometimes racist cops but when ALL of them are assumed to be that way and ALL of them are basically considered guilty until they can prove otherwise, who the HELL would want the job?

No, this verdict was mob justice based on the fear of the jurors, and Minneapolis and other blue cesspools are on their way down. My only sympathy is for the poor folk who have no way out and will have to deal with the animals that roam those streets without fear of ANY repercussions for their deeds. Other than pity for them, I say let them burn every blue city DOWN until the leadership finally has the guts or sanity to put paid to it all.
These fools that are stealing for fun and those who break windows as a sport, let them do their "wilding". But when one of these savages begins to light a fire on an occupied structure, they need killing, on the spot.

So NOW what? What changes with the Chauvin verdict?

Higher crime rates.

I disagree.

"Crime rates" are reflective of the number of reported crimes. Fewer are going to bother making a report in the new paradigm.

That's why you never, ever, ever give up your guns, no matter how much the Nazis threaten you, or try to "buy" them back.

Two thoughts on it: First, I suspect we'll see some changes in the rules of policing, and that would include training and accountability. There seems to be enough momentum for this to happen, but I don't know that it's going to definitely going to improve anything.

Second, we're still light years from having "an honest conversation on race" in this country, so this process is going to be rough, loud, divided and ugly. Seems to me that we have to make advances on race relations -- the big picture -- before anything positive sticks.
I saw a breakdown of the “Blue Wall” where police protect their own.

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

The thing that will stop these racist bastards in their tracks is punishment.
  1. They get convicted and do hard time to life for these offenses.
  2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
After that happens to about 3 or 4 of them in a row, the rest will miraculously whip themselves into shape.
WTF are you talking about, you utter mope.
240 people have been killed by cops in 2021 and only 30 of them are blacks.
If you were genuinely concerned about police injustice you would be demanding that a murder charge in the case of Tony Timpa, or the Navy veteran who died in February. Both died from cops kneeling on their necks, but were not black, so nobody gave a fuck.
Where is the source for that info? Or did you pull that 7:1 ratio from the crack on your backside?

Training ain't it.

They've been training and training and training and training, for decades on decades now and it hasn't done a damn thing, the brutality has only gotten worse.

2. Have their money taken away. (aka they're able to get the pants sued off of them)
Floyd was coddled for over 17 minutes before Chauvin put the knee on him. That is a lifetime in a police response. And police need to become available for other calls. The city needed to have others respond to attempt to take Floyd to jail or the hospital and off the street. You saw the video as he was not complying. Cops have brought this on themselves as the worst of them make the rest look bad. And the way things are going, the anger gets law enforcement ha snot hit bottom.

Training ain't it.

WTF are you talking about, you utter mope.
If you were genuinely concerned about police injustice you would be demanding that a murder charge in the case of Tony Timpa, or the Navy veteran who died in February. Both died from cops kneeling on their necks, but were not black, so nobody gave a fuck.
Where is the source for that info? Or did you pull that 7:1 ratio from the crack on your backside?
That's why you need to watch unfiltered news like Newsmax to get the facts and not the emotions.
If you can't get Newsmax on your T.V, call your cable supplier and tell them you want Newsmax.

Now the demleftists invent more fixes to sell the black community. The black community buys into them and vote 95% dem. The next one happens...lather rinse repeat. It’s been going on for 60 years and will continue for another 60 unless the black community wakes up.

Until they quit hiring high functioning retards and toxic boymen at the police dept nothing changes. If anything the cops are going to get more brutal because many will look at it like their side lost.
Better yet. Stop electing functioning retards to political offices.

Until they quit hiring high functioning retards and toxic boymen at the police dept nothing changes. If anything the cops are going to get more brutal because many will look at it like their side lost.
Better yet. Stop electing functioning retards to political offices.

I don't think Joe Biden could by any means be referred to as "functioning".

So now what? There are several now what’s to consider. First for anyone in law enforcement in a big city is to sit down with the wife and kids and decide if doing that job is worth risking your home, your life, jail time or lawsuits. And for what? To slow down a bunch of inner city murders and robberies? It may be time to get out now that justice is a race riot influenced affair instead of rule of law.

The next decision for all of us is are we going to put up with a system of law based on race? Is that what we’re going back to?

The verdict will cause more veteran cops to decide to quit before they make a mistake and end up in prison for life.

It will be MUCH harder to find new people to do police work.

Blacks will riot more since they will see this verdict a victory.

On Chauvin, Congresswoman Maxine Waters said: “I hope we’re going to get a verdict that will say guilty, guilty, guilty. And if we don’t, we cannot go away.”

“I’m going to fight with all of the people who stand for justice. We’ve got to get justice in this country and we cannot allow these killings to continue,” she said, adding, “We’ve got to stay on the street and we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”

Democrats who are saying that was not a call for "confrontation" are being fooled by typical politician-style semantics ... or trying to fool us.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Judge Peter Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations. Cahill said that Waters' comments were "abhorrent."

A trial a year in the making, three weeks of intense deliberations and testimony may be tossed in appeal because of the mind numbing remarks by a black congresswoman from Los Angeles.

There is little doubt that Chauvin's lawyer is going to appeal, and he is going to use the comments made by the long serving Congresswoman from Los Angeles.

First - Why would ANYONE want to be a policeman these days? I mean, when I was in the Army (CID) sure, we had policies on conduct - but NOTHING like this

Second - a "Conversation" on race? Seriously? I can distinctly recall "conversations" on race since the Army (1974) began promoting based on the quota system. I personally lost two very qualified investigators simply because blacks (who were far less qualified) promoted over these individuals. That was only the beginning.

Seems to me as though the only successful "conversation" with b lacks is to give them the store and walk away. There can be no conversation as long as we refer to them as "blacks" and they refer to us as "whites". Just the way it is. Blacks feel "entitled" because their great, great grandfathers "MIGHT" have been slaves. Frankly, I'm sick to death of it.

Training ain't it.

Curious, did it ever occur to you that if these folks would simply follow the orders given to them by the Police that they wouldn't end of with "I can't breath"? Hmmmm?

Forum List

Back