So now the sports media is making Drew Brees out to be a racist and divide the Saints locker room

He said he would never agree with someone disrespecting the flag. He didn't call them nasty names or say they should be shot (like some on USMB do), he just said he would never agree with them. That's it. The outrage over this is kinda stupid IMHO. I mean, there are lots of things that I will never agree with, and if asked, I will tell you what they are. But that doesn't mean I'm forcing anyone else to disagree or agree with me, I'm just expressing my opinion about something.

And, while I also won't agree with people burning or stomping on the flag, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop them or force them to quit. One of the things in the Constitution (which I swore an oath to support and defend several times while in the military) is the right to peaceful protest and free speech. If I see someone burning or stomping the flag, while I may use some choice words in expressing my displeasure, I'm not going to stop them, because that is their right to be an idiot if they want to. A Master Chief who was teaching Navy Rights and Responsibilities, and covering the part about the Constitution, said that while I might not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Well thats only if youre stupid enough to believe protesting against violence towards Blacks has to result in the flag being disrespected.
Where do you see this being a problem?
6CF22A5A-1CDF-45AA-A408-15C1B5A43E13.jpeg

He said he would never agree with someone disrespecting the flag. He didn't call them nasty names or say they should be shot (like some on USMB do), he just said he would never agree with them. That's it. The outrage over this is kinda stupid IMHO. I mean, there are lots of things that I will never agree with, and if asked, I will tell you what they are. But that doesn't mean I'm forcing anyone else to disagree or agree with me, I'm just expressing my opinion about something.

And, while I also won't agree with people burning or stomping on the flag, that doesn't mean I'm going to stop them or force them to quit. One of the things in the Constitution (which I swore an oath to support and defend several times while in the military) is the right to peaceful protest and free speech. If I see someone burning or stomping the flag, while I may use some choice words in expressing my displeasure, I'm not going to stop them, because that is their right to be an idiot if they want to. A Master Chief who was teaching Navy Rights and Responsibilities, and covering the part about the Constitution, said that while I might not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it.
See I have no problem with this stance. Personally I think the flag is a symbol of racism but I have no problem with other people disagreeing with me and holding it in high regard.

Communists man...these are Communists. Their goal is not equality...or to end racism..it is to end OUR country.

These are tactics that have been employed over and over again.

What this nation needs is a Suharto.
What this nation needs is a mass euthanization of cave chimps if you ask my opinion.

Cave chimp? LOL! Yet we loaded you wool heads on our ships?
More black man projection...

First I've heard of it. I wonder if people who repeat these stories with the advent of their own moronic titles are (consciously or subconsciously) hoping for more dischord?

Communists man...these are Communists. Their goal is not equality...or to end racism..it is to end OUR country.

What this nation needs is a mass euthanization of cave chimps if you ask my opinion.

Chimps frequently attack other primates. When they have guns they have more firepower.

Chimps frequently attack other primates. When they have guns they have more firepower.
You mean when they construct firearms and ships? As opposed to mud huts and sharp sticks?
Yes, generally technology conquers, if it is in the right hands.
Yet, in modernity, we seem to have convinced ourselves that those former passengers, built the ship.
Alas...there is no magic dirt...das why dem black folk still so dum.
ook ook.

You mean when they construct firearms and ships? As opposed to mud huts and sharp sticks?
Yet, in modernity, we seem to have convinced ourselves that those former passengers, built the ship.
ook ook.
African high tech means building their mud huts out of elephant dung because that keeps the lions away. So they sleep in shit

ook ook.
African high tech means building their mud huts out of elephant dung because that keeps the lions away. So they sleep in shit
They can't even figure out how to dig a well. Then when they have one, not to shit next to it. There is this guy on Rogan's podcast that has an entire charity dedicated to digging wells for these dip shits.
One would think that after a few DOZEN millennia in one location they would at least have the well thing down.

BREAKING: Brees apologizes in lengthy social media post. here it is:

"
I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness. "

It is sad day when someone has to apologize for saying he respects the American flag.

Well, when you put your fk'n foot in your mouth, it's just not gonna taste too good! The real shame is that after Brees has done all this good work in New Orleans, he thought it not only necessary but entitled enough to spout off this belief aloud in these volatile times! As a Republican, he probably felt he wasn't deflecting "from the cause" like his brethren again! Trump's maybe infected him into saying stupid stuff! Honor the flag all you want, but people's feelings on the subject are going to be even more diverse than nationality! :oops:

It is sad day when someone has to apologize for saying he respects the American flag.

Well, when you put your fk'n foot in your mouth, it's just not gonna taste too good! The real shame is that after Brees has done all this good work in New Orleans, he thought it not only necessary but entitled enough to spout off this belief aloud in these volatile times! As a Republican, he probably felt he wasn't deflecting "from the cause" like his brethren again! Trump's maybe infected him into saying stupid stuff! Honor the flag all you want, but people's feelings on the subject are going to be even more diverse than nationality! :oops:
So you are saying that Brees is not entitles to his views or that he should just keep them to himself? I can see you are not a believer in truth, justice or the American way. As such you are not worth spit.

ook ook.
Yes. See whites are proficient at violence. Thats all they are good at. My bad. They are good at copying and lying too. Their concentration is on tools of war because of a gene they share with their violent kin the chimp. While humans were creating civilization, science, math, agriculture, architecture etc in Africa, whites were inbreeding and eating each other in europe. When Greeks first came to Africa to be taught by the Africans they carried that knowledge back to the savages running around in europe. What was response? Violence. When europe lost their knowledge because they were not ready mentally to deal with being smart Africans had to come to europe and reintroduce civilization, science, math, architecture etc all over again. What was the response again? violence. So yes I agree. The pale cave chimp had to concentrate on tools of war simply because they are genetically prone to violence.

• Funny
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back