So Much For The Tea Party Being Freedom Loving Patriotss

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

Last edited:
I remember when they were spitting on elected officials while elected Republicans were putting up signs and egging them on.

• Banned
there's a good al gore won florida whinefest a couple of threads over.

you should check it out; you'll fit right in.

The one where a SC justice admitted Bush's case was frivolous? Yeah, that's a good one. 11 years too late unfortunately.

Well it sounds like a hell of a good plan to me...THE UNIONS bought and OWN the Obama.

I think the people are finally getting this through their heads, He IS NOT a President FOR ALL the people, only the ones who paid for and support him..

Being a patriot myself, I believe in the freedom to work without paying a fee for the privilege. I also do not like the idea of paying dues so it can go to a candidate I do not support. I would vote to support a Right to Work state.

And that has what to do with this thread?

Do you deny the OP statement?

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

supporting unions is not a yardstick of one's patriotism, imo.

i think the OP is intellectually dishonest and i deny it.

i believe the tea party wants to take the govt back (whatever that means), and is willing to crush public sector unions to do it.

1 in 10 workers belong to a union. The top 1% wealthiest Americans have much, much more power than unions.

1 in 10 workers belong to a union. The top 1% wealthiest Americans have much, much more power than unions.

good grief, if you aren't obsessing about Republicans, you're obsessing about people who have money. of course you could give a shit Less about us TAXPAYERS being fleeced out of OUR MONEY by your hero Obama and his Comrades in Arms in the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

Last edited:
Well rather than understand what they are saying.... let's just paint it as what we want.

Unions in many companies get dues whether you wish to be apart of them or not out of every employees paycheck. This money goes on to political donations and campaigns which in my opinion is unethical... if you disagree thats fine, but if you can't see why someone sees otherwise you have your head so far up your ass its no wonder this country doesn't look like we will get our shit together.

The issue becomes even more so controversial when dealing with public unions. They, at least where I came from, have the rules that they get dues out of every ones pay check. Essentially, these unions are donating to campaigns with tax money.

Last edited:

that's nice.

did you know only 6% of scientists are republicans?

run along

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections.

Rare TEA Party Candor

Over the weekend, I obtained a copy of an e-mail written to members by the Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party, Tom Zawistowski. The substance of the e-mail concerns itself with the November referendum vote in Ohio to keep or reject SB5, the now-infamous collective bargaining smashing legislation passed by Governor Kasich and his Tea Party Confederacy in Ohio's state legislature.

The ballot issue will be Issue 2. The vote is on November 8, just a few short weeks away. To vote to end collective bargaining for public employees, Ohioans will vote "yes." To vote to kill SB5 and thus maintain the collective bargaining rights of public employees, Ohioans will vote "no."

The last polls I saw showed SB5 being scrapped by voters by a 51%-38% margin.

As you can imagine, Ohio's Tea Party, Governor LittleJohn, and Republicans in the state legislature are worried. As they should be. Even Ohio citizens who are not especially fond of labor unions have seen the unfairness and extremity in SB5.

This GOP worry in Ohio is why Mr. Executive Director of the Portage County TEA Party sent out his e-mail. The e-mail is seasoned with doom and gloom if SB5 is defeated. What I found most interesting was the candid nature of Mr. Zawistowski's remarks. Many times, in the early days of SB5, Republicans usually explained that the bill was necessary to balance the state's budget. But that was never true…..

"So, let me be clear. Everyone else can have whatever motivations they want to support issue 2, but for the TEA Party/Patriot movement our number one goal is to de-fund the union leadership and thus their exclusive partners in the Democratic Party and take back control of our government. When we pass Issue 2, and the Democratic Party and the Unions are defunded, they will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. …they (Democrats) will not have the money to compete in Ohio next year. Barack Obama and Sherrod Brown will lose Ohio and be thrown out of office in 2012. The Governor and the Ohio Legislature will be emboldened and thus willing to introduce more conservative legislation like Workman's Comp reform, Right to Work, School Choice and much more… "

Breaking up the conflict of interest whereby public unions funnel money to the Democrats and Democrats funnel money to the public unions, and the people paying the public employees wages don't have a say .... this is not about beating Obama.

This is about giving power back to the people who employ the public union members.

Politicians find it way too hard to say no to public union members. Not being able to say no is a fast track to fiscal insolvency.

good grief, if you aren't obsessing about Republicans, you're obsessing about people who have money. of course you could give a shit Less about us TAXPAYERS being fleeced out of OUR MONEY by your hero Obama and his Comrades in Arms in the DEMOCRAT PARTY.

You are not being "fleeced" by Democrats. Otherwise, it would be the Democrats who have the money.

Does EVERYTHING have to be explained?

In an email from an Ohio Tea Party group, they make it clear that their main goal is hurt unions in an effort to defeat Obama and Democrats. I thought the TP was all about freedom and stuff. I guess they mean freedom to rig elections

Sure, workers should be forced to join a union or they aren't free. The issue, if you weren't a dim wit, is not opposing unions, it's opposing government giving them the artificial power provided by government guns. The Tea Party opposing that absolutely is supporting small government freedom. But since you are a dim wit, never mind...

BTW, how's the pretending to be black thing going? Is your Johnson getting any bigger?

Last edited:

You really are too fucking stupid to know what 'rigging an election' is?

Priceless. :rofl:

Last edited:

You are not being "fleeced" by Democrats. Otherwise, it would be the Democrats who have the money.

Does EVERYTHING have to be explained?

so... all rich people are Republicans?

New Topics

Forum List

Back