So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

Ummm…
Yes, in today’s world, kids need post secondary education
Deductables don’t kill you, it s the copay that hits you

Even with 80 percent coverage, on a $150,000 medical bill you owe $30,000
No they don't.

Most college is a waste of money and time.

And you think a 10K deductible doesn't hurt if you need emergency surgery?

Like I said I used to have the coverage I wanted with my catastrophic illness and injury insurance It had low out of pocket expenses and was really affordable

Now i have to pay for shit like drug counseling coverage, pediatric coverage even though i don't have kids. mental health counseling coverage, obstetric coverage even though I'm not a woman etc

That's the fucking government making my insurance more expensive

Ok not a lib…anti Trumper? Just as bad.
Not as bad as you idiots who keep voting for the 2 parties that fucked up this country because you think the same 2 bunches of corrupt assholes can unfuck it

And you think a 10K deductible doesn't hurt if you need emergency surgery?
Agree
You should pay nothing for a serious illness

Why we need Universal Healthcare

A health emergency shouldn’t bankrupt you

Not really>

If people had that money to save for themselves even a person who made an average of 30K a year for 45 years would retire a millionaire
A million isn’t what it used to be

A million isn’t what it used to be
Really?

It's a fuck of a lot better than 1200 a month.

SS 14400 a year

1 million earning 5% a year is 50000 in interest alone and you never have to touch the principal

Even better have the million and live in 30K a year and you'll have MORe money when you die not less so you can actually leave it to your family.

You are truly and sincerely a kook.
Well Rye.. YOU are truly uninformed and I just wonder how poorly managed the organization you worked for that
is paying $84,000/mo to you for what? Ignorant, unsupported with links subjective comments. Surely you couldn't have been in decision making position as I suspect that company is in poor financial shape.

Really?

It's a fuck of a lot better than 1200 a month.

SS 14400 a year

1 million earning 5% a year is 50000 in interest alone and you never have to touch the principal

Even better have the million and live in 30K a year and you'll have MORe money when you die not less so you can actually leave it to your family.
Talk to a financial advisor and he will tell you to take out 4 percent of your 401k
That is $40,000 a year , not exactly living like a millionaire

Best advice is to rely on your SS, 401k and pay off your house

The only difference economically between the two parties occurs when you add in the blacks and browns who are democrats. You know the people who are discriminated against.
If you didn't vote for Joe, you ain't black. Racist Joe said so.

Let's just say I have given that link for years but now it is disappeared. Journalism is different from propaganda. If you add all taxes, we have a flat tax system. A huge giveaway to the rich and screw job for everyone else.
The link just vanished, huh? :auiqs.jpg:

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.Sep 19, 2012
https://www.washingtonpost.com › ...
The one tax graph you really need to know - The Washington Post
Cool link. Thanks for the update.:auiqs.jpg::cuckoo:
1632406642408.png

As Yusuf/Cat Stevens reemerges on the public stage, how should we feel about his music — and his legacy?

He created timeless songs and then renounced them. One writer wrestles with what, if anything, Yusuf/Cat Stevens owes his fans.

Talk to a financial advisor and he will tell you to take out 4 percent of your 401k
That is $40,000 a year , not exactly living like a millionaire

Best advice is to rely on your SS, 401k and pay off your house
That's old obsolete advice based on getting almost no return on your investments. And you don't need a lot of money to live on if you have no debt. I retired at 50 with no debt my wife and I live on less than 3000 a month.

And you should be able to pay off your house well before retirement if you don't keep refinancing it to buy shit or to pay off credit cards that you buy shit with.

And the whole idea isn't to live lavishly it's to live comfortably off of your investments. That is the very definition of financial freedom. Social Security is designed so you do not get to achieve financial freedom and you stay dependent on the government for your monthly pittance.

The stock market lost near half its value in 2008. Yea. It came back but if you were counting on retiring around then and you didn’t have social security, you were screwed.
prove it. I didn't have SS checks coming in and I survived. why? I even have two homes now.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.Sep 19, 2012
https://www.washingtonpost.com › ...
The one tax graph you really need to know - The Washington Post
where? no graph in that link, just Cat Stevens. post the graph, you can post it.

prove it. I didn't have SS checks coming in and I survived. why? I even have two homes now.
This just proves the deliberate ignorance of people when it comes to investing.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that as you get closer to retirement age that your portfolio must change from a growth model to a preservation model.

You don't leave all your money in small cap growth funds when you're over 50

This just proves the deliberate ignorance of people when it comes to investing.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that as you get closer to retirement age that your portfolio must change from a growth model to a preservation model.

You don't leave all your money in small cap growth funds when you're over 50
Not me
When I retired, I still went balls to the wall investing in mutual funds and real estate
None of the other forms of investment offered any reasonable return

Not me
When I retired, I still went balls to the wall investing in mutual funds and real estate
None of the other forms of investment offered any reasonable return
Not smart.

Once you have to live on your investments you have to be more conservative.

Of course maybe if you had that 12.4% of your lifetime income to invest you would have had more money saved so you wouldn't need high rates of return to get by in retirement.

Well Rye.. YOU are truly uninformed and I just wonder how poorly managed the organization you worked for that
is paying $84,000/mo to you for what? Ignorant, unsupported with links subjective comments. Surely you couldn't have been in decision making position as I suspect that company is in poor financial shape.
LOL, are you ready for this, goodbye.

New Topics

Forum List

Back