So JFK supported armed militias in the US

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
This is an actual verbatim quote from JFK, the last true American Democrat. It was made during a commemorative speech on Roosevelt Day, January 29, 1961:

"In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

It is this effort and concern which makes up the New Frontier. And it is this effort and concern which will determine the success or failure not only with this Administration, but of our nation itself."

Source: White House Central Subject Files, Box 111, "FDR".

Other Information Sources:

"Know your Lawmakers," Guns Magazine, April 1960.
"Letter to President John F. Kennedy from the NRA," [NRAcentral.com].
"New Minute Men Urged by Kennedy," The New York Times, 30 January, 1961, pg. 13.
"Kennedy Says U.S. Needs Minute Men," Los Angeles Times, 30 January, 1961, pg. 4.
"Minutemen's Soft-Sell Leader: Robert B. DePugh," The New York Times, 12 November 1961, pg. 76.

President Kennedy's Commemorative Message on Roosevelt Day, January 29, 1961 | JFK Library

1640645642931.png

This is an actual verbatim quote from JFK, the last true American Democrat. It was made during a commemorative speech on Roosevelt Day, January 29, 1961:

"In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

It is this effort and concern which makes up the New Frontier. And it is this effort and concern which will determine the success or failure not only with this Administration, but of our nation itself."

"New Minute Men Urged by Kennedy," The New York Times, 30 January, 1961, pg. 13.
"Kennedy Says U.S. Needs Minute Men," Los Angeles Times, 30 January, 1961, pg. 4.
"Minutemen's Soft-Sell Leader: Robert B. DePugh," The New York Times, 12 November 1961, pg. 76.

President Kennedy's Commemorative Message on Roosevelt Day, January 29, 1961 | JFK Library

View attachment 580495
He needed to talk about guns like he needed a hole in his head

Indeed,kennedy made you proud to be a Democrat back then,he was the greatest president of the 20th century,he is rolling over in his grave right now as we speak what the Democrat party has become and evolved into ever sense Clinton got into office and has become even far worse than it was under Clinton which was bad enough as it was back then.from Clinton up to biden and johnson thrown into the mix as well,thanks to them,the Democrat party has now become the Demonrat party.even RFK jr has said he is horrified on what his party has become now.

great post,thanks for the thread. :thup: :thankusmile:

Last edited:

View attachment 580495
Let me give you the important part of that quote,

who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

What are you willing to sacrifice? How are you willing to consciously work? And how is the "preservation of freedom" important to you damn Trumpbots when you are more than willing to deny freedom to whole swaths of the population in order to achieve your agenda? For you asshats, it is freedom for me, not for thee. And if you want to quote Kennedy, then I have to ask, what are you willing to do for your country? Because from where I sit, all you care about is what your country can do for you.

who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

What are you willing to sacrifice? How are you willing to consciously work? And how is the "preservation of freedom" important to you damn Trumpbots when you are more than willing to deny freedom to whole swaths of the population in order to achieve your agenda? For you asshats, it is freedom for me, not for thee. And if you want to quote Kennedy, then I have to ask, what are you willing to do for your country? Because from where I sit, all you care about is what your country can do for you.
There you go trolling again as always,changing the subject on what kennedy said to trump.

No, that’s you and your ilk who want to stay home and get paid for it. You idiots are scared and lazy while we go to work and make and deliver the things you rejects pull off the shelves. As usual, being a libturd you have things backwards. YOU are trying to deny people their rights to even leave their homes. From here in reality, you are the asshat.

There you go trolling again as always,changing the subject on what kennedy said to

No, that’s you and your ilk who want to stay home and get paid for it. You idiots are scared and lazy while we go to work and make and deliver the things you rejects pull off the shelves. As usual, being a libturd you have things backwards. YOU are trying to deny people their rights to even leave their homes. From here in reality, you are the asshat.
You have no damn idea. Just completed the numbers for the last four weeks. Put $135,000 on the bottom line and shattered long standing sales records. Put it on the shelf? LMAO, I pretty much put all the prime beef in the Southeastern United States on the shelf. I mean did you have prime rib for Christmas. And no, I am not talking about some choice grade bone-in ribeye. I mean prime grade bone-in ribeye. If you did, then thank you for your business, because a week before Christmas I bought all the existing supply in the Southeast.

View attachment 580495
If you’re trying to equate the profound words of JFK with the Trump idiots rioting on January 6th, you failed. Trump’s an asshole who doesn’t believe in liberty or freedom. Those rioters were merely dupes of a ignorant fool, who amazingly couldn’t even beat a senile old swamp creature.

Forum List

Back