‘So it's verboten?’: Fox News panelist stops Newt Gingrich from discussing ‘Soros-elected’ district attorneys

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
So this was awkward. Heh heh.

A Fox News host and a former CIA spokesperson ganged up on former House speaker and Republican pundit Newt Gingrich when he brought up the undisputed fact that George Soros funded candidates for prosecutors in riot-struck cities.

“The number one problem in almost all the cities is George Soros-elected, left-wing, anti-police, pro-criminal district attorneys who refuse to keep people locked up,” Gingrich told the hosts of ‘Outnumbered’ on Wednesday.

He was cut off by panelist Melissa Francis – who hosts her own show on Fox Business – saying “I’m not sure we need to bring George Soros into this.” Fellow panelist Marie Harf – who was a spokeswoman for the CIA and the State Department during the Obama administration – joined in, arguing that “George Soros doesn’t need to be part of this conversation.”

“Okay, so it’s verboten?”
Gingrich said, incredulous. After a long moment of awkward silence, host Harris Faulkner simply said “Okay, we’re going to move on.”

While that may have been hyperbole, in this particular instance he was literally correct. Between 2014 and 2018, Soros had spent more than $16 million on 17 district attorney races across the US, with his candidates winning 13 of them. In 2018 alone, Soros spent more than $2.7 million on district attorney races in California, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Continued...

A Fox News host and a former CIA spokesperson ganged up on former House speaker and Republican pundit Newt Gingrich when he brought up the undisputed fact that George Soros funded candidates for prosecutors in riot-struck cities.

“The number one problem in almost all the cities is George Soros-elected, left-wing, anti-police, pro-criminal district attorneys who refuse to keep people locked up,” Gingrich told the hosts of ‘Outnumbered’ on Wednesday.

He was cut off by panelist Melissa Francis – who hosts her own show on Fox Business – saying “I’m not sure we need to bring George Soros into this.” Fellow panelist Marie Harf – who was a spokeswoman for the CIA and the State Department during the Obama administration – joined in, arguing that “George Soros doesn’t need to be part of this conversation.”

Gingrich said, incredulous. After a long moment of awkward silence, host Harris Faulkner simply said “Okay, we’re going to move on.”

While that may have been hyperbole, in this particular instance he was literally correct. Between 2014 and 2018, Soros had spent more than $16 million on 17 district attorney races across the US, with his candidates winning 13 of them. In 2018 alone, Soros spent more than $2.7 million on district attorney races in California, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Continued...

It's not the issue. He was trying to deflect and they stopped him.

Unusual for Faux Newz.

I don't even know what Marie Harf is doing there, other than providing eye candy....She's about as sharp as a sack of laundry.

Well, she was a spokeswoman for the CIA and the State Department during the Obama administration. American cable news entertainment programming seems to be gradually evolving to state run media with all of the spooks in the intelligence agencies, Generals, and politicians taking on the role of the fourth estate.

I don't even know what Marie Harf is doing there, other than providing eye candy....She's about as sharp as a sack of laundry.

Well, she was a spokeswoman for the CIA and the State Department during the Obama administration. American cable news entertainment programming seems to be gradually evolving to state run media with all of the spooks, Generals, and politicians taking on the role of the fourth estate.
Yeah, I know that....Thought the same thing when I saw her at that post too....Pretty hot, but dumber than a bag of hammers.

Continued...

The only thing that is verboten is Fox News on my TV dial. I quit subscribing to them years ago after they started firing all the good people.

Continued...

That is a funny vid, Nat! :auiqs.jpg:Newt, threw them a little curve ball, they were not expecting, but heck, it's Newt in true Newt style, who can be a jerk, but is nobody's dumb ass and never has been. It was funny also, how Newt responded, since he is not running for anything. He can pitch out his theories, but doesn't have to care if they are well received or not, as he has had his say, on the record, smoothly noted the "we ain't goin there, today" of both Fox chicks, and got his appearance fee. Nice to see Newt in action, irritating or not, still often the smartest guy in the room.

That is a funny vid, Nat! :auiqs.jpg:Newt, threw them a little curve ball, they were not expecting, but heck, it's Newt in true Newt style, who can be a jerk, but is nobody's dumb ass and never has been. It was funny also, how Newt responded, since he is not running for anything. He can pitch out his theories, but doesn't have to care if they are well received or not, as he has had his say, on the record, smoothly noted the "we ain't goin there, today" of both Fox chicks, and got his appearance fee. Nice to see Newt in action, irritating or not, still often the smartest guy in the room.

I've never really cared much for Newt. I only posted it because of the humor in it. There really is no meaningful difference in the cable news entertainment programming platforms. Not really. They're basically all just running interference for the state department.

I've never really cared much for Newt. I only posted it because of the humor in it. There really is no meaningful difference in the cable news entertainment programming platforms. Not really. They're basically all just running interference for the state department.
I'm hot and cold on Newt. There is not a shadow of a doubt, Newt is probably as much if not more responsible for the 8 successful years of Bill's administration. He was the perfect master politician tool at the perfect time, with the perfect message to temper and correct direction of Democratic 8 year rule in the 90s.
<iframe width="654" height="409" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forum List

Back