So It Wasn't Just The Cruz Camp Spreading Rumors

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Seems the Rubio folks had a hand in it also.

Evidently, a damaging “rumor” that Dr. Ben Carson was suspending his campaign started during a Monday broadcast on CNN at around 7:43 pm est, while the Iowa caucus was in full swing. The “rumor” led to Cruz campaign staffers informing their precinct captains that they should urge caucus-goers to vote for Ted Cruz.
The Cruz camp, along with many other media sources had the same impression…
…According to Carson’s communication director, Larry Ross, the statement cited “false media reports,” not overly ambitious Cruz campaign workers…
<<snip>>

Interestingly, as Politistick captured before the evidence was sinkholed, Marco Rubio's campaign was directly involved in spreading the rumor about Carson:

What has not been said much throughout the day is that Florida Senator Marco Rubio's campaign worked actively to spread the message that Carson was leaving the presidential race. These actions were reported on Twitter by Conrad Close who, according to his Twitter profile, is the managing editor of Outset Magazine… Another interesting little tidbit about Close, that he shouts from the rooftops with his Twitter profile picture, is that he is Team Rubio with the statement below his picture, “I’m voting for Marco Rubio.”

GOPe FAUX CONTROVERSY #705: CNN and Rubio Campaign spread rumors that Carson was dropping out | Opinion - Conservative

Take a peek and you decide.

Last edited:
Well, it seems we will never know for sure what happened.

Trump is just pissed that his own lie that Cruz isn't a natural citizen, didn't have any effect on the good people of Iowa.

mmm more confirmation would be nice but interesting stuff.

Did you read the article, it shows twitter captures with times. My question is, why would CNN report this after the caucus started? Were they trying to effect the outcome? They had to know competing campaigns would pick it up.

I just noticed something, the Rubio guy tweeted before the CNN story broke.

Last edited:
Well it seems that CNN's culpability in reporting a false news story is being forgotten, while Ted Cruz is lambasted for believing that CNN is a reliable news source.

Well it seems that CNN's culpability in reporting a false news story is being forgotten, while Ted Cruz is lambasted for believing that CNN is a reliable news source.

Yep, but if you look at the story, Ribio's folks were pushing the story about Carson dropping out and Conrad Close mentioned it (6:29 pm) more than a hour before the CNN story broke at 7:43 pm.

Did you read the article, it shows twitter captures with times. My question is, why would CNN report this after the caucus started? Were they trying to effect the outcome? They had to know competing campaigns would pick it up.

Well, you caught me, I had a comprehension problem .. :eusa_doh:

This goes down in the history books as political meat we just get to chew on, I suspect.

This goes down in the history books as political meat we just get to chew on, I suspect.

My question is where are all these folks that are bashing the crap out of Cruz, why are they letting Rubio slide? That would include Trump and the media. It appears the Rubio folks made up the story totally, before the CNN story was reported and Rubio is claiming his folks would never do such a thing.

My question is where are all these folks that are bashing the crap out of Cruz, why are they letting Rubio slide? That would include Trump and the media. It appears the Rubio folks made up the story totally, before the CNN story was reported and Rubio is claiming his folks would never do such a thing.

I figure you should just get it over with, decide for yourself and just let us know.... :dunno:

I find Cruz and Ruby politically programmed and shifty along with the media.

Only Bernie and Trump seem unplugged and winging it .. like it or not.

I figure you should just get it over with, decide for yourself and just let us know.... :dunno:

I find Cruz and Ruby politically programmed and shifty along with the media.

Only Bernie and Trump seem unplugged and winging it .. like it or not.

Even worse, I just found out Sanders was an ACTOR. I wonder why hollyweird hasn't jumped in to back a fellow traveler.

Ed the Cynic had the correct time line in tweets. Found it in another thread. This is his post.

"And Cruz first tried to blame CNN, but only when that lie too was exposed did he sort of apologize to Carson but said what he did was "fair game." What the pathological liar left out of his "fair game" rationalization was that the follow up CNN tweet that Cruz left out was tweeted in the SAME MINUTE as the first!!!

Look at the time of the 2 CNN tweets and then look at the time of the lying Cruz shill Steve King's tweet. Cruz and King knew well before they spread their lie that they were lying!!!

Follow

Chris MoodyVerified account‏@moody

Carson won't go to NH/SC, but instead will head home to Florida for some R&R. He'll be in DC Thursday for the National Prayer Breakfast.

One more time the key here is not the rumor but what the Cruz campaign did with the rumor AFTER Carson's campaign told them it was false.

Ed the Cynic had the correct time line in tweets. Found it in another thread. This is his post.

"And Cruz first tried to blame CNN, but only when that lie too was exposed did he sort of apologize to Carson but said what he did was "fair game." What the pathological liar left out of his "fair game" rationalization was that the follow up CNN tweet that Cruz left out was tweeted in the SAME MINUTE as the first!!!

Look at the time of the 2 CNN tweets and then look at the time of the lying Cruz shill Steve King's tweet. Cruz and King knew well before they spread their lie that they were lying!!!

Follow

Chris MoodyVerified account‏@moody

Carson won't go to NH/SC, but instead will head home to Florida for some R&R. He'll be in DC Thursday for the National Prayer Breakfast.

One thing, Steve King mentioned a CNN broadcast, I haven't seen anything confirming he knew anything about Moody's tweets. The broadcast was around 7:43 pm. Rubios guy was talking about their pushing hard that Carson was dropping out more than an hour (6:29 pm) before that broadcast. King even mentioned the broadcast the following day in his apology. Do you have any statements from King that he or anyone else in the campaign was aware of the Moody tweets?

i dont think it would of made any difference, Trump is stuck around 24/25/26 per-cent. even if none of this happened, it still would of been Cruz/Trump/Rubio.

Well, it seems we will never know for sure what happened.

Trump is just pissed that his own lie that Cruz isn't a natural citizen, didn't have any effect on the good people of Iowa.
The only reason Trump mentions it is because he knows from inside sources that Hillary will have someone sue Cruz if he wins the nomination, and have him tied up in court while he's supposed to be running his campaign.

It's an election. Politicians play dirty in EVERY SINGLE election.

I don't understand the ruckus. Especially now that the honorable news media is involved.

That shitty flyer Cruz sent out is a bigger deal than this.

Forum List

Back