So it begins.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"The contractor building the financial management system for Healthcare.gov is being blamed by a Houston hospital for delayed Medicare reimbursements that have caused the hospital to miss payrolls for weeks. "

"
According to the CEO Jason Leday, more than 150 employees haven't been paid in nearly a month.
"I understand that they have children and a house payment, bills. Not getting paid is wow," nearby resident Theresa Gutierrez said.
The hospital is strapped for cash not because its not making money, but because Leday says a new Medicare payment facilitator named Novitas Solutions is taking too way long to pay out Medicare claims to the hospital.
Leday says he's owed nearly $3 million in payments from Medicare and can't make payroll...
The Texas Medical Association says they are familiar with complaints like this one regarding the medicare payment facilitator- and a representative told us smaller community hospitals like this one are in similar situations."

Obamacare Contractor Blamed for Slow Medicare Payments to Hospitals | The Weekly Standard

Wait...the government contracts outside companies to do their billing??
Then what the hell do the over 70,000 employees of HHS do all day??????
They have 3,000 buildings...WTF??

Maybe the hospital should learn how to manage their payroll. I've had to get loans to pay people when my contract allowed payment when 90% completion occurred. That could take 60-90 days if it was a non-govt. job. 120 with a govt. job.
I've had private individuals that would not pay me also until I sued them, I still had to cover employee wages.

Maybe the hospital should learn how to manage their payroll. I've had to get loans to pay people when my contract allowed payment when 90% completion occurred. That could take 60-90 days if it was a non-govt. job. 120 with a govt. job.
I've had private individuals that would not pay me also until I sued them, I still had to cover employee wages.

So ... sue the government for not paying their bills?

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

ll51ee8031.jpg

"The contractor building the financial management system for Healthcare.gov is being blamed by a Houston hospital for delayed Medicare reimbursements that have caused the hospital to miss payrolls for weeks. "...

Just another example of an immutable truth.

Trusting capitalists to implement public policy is foolish.

Are all internet commies named Joe?

It certainly appears that way.

So tell me how this is an improvement over the previous system, joey?

The previous system allowed no pay to hospitals that were losing money to welfare cases. So the for profit hospitals got together with the insurance industry and lobbyed to get the govt. to step in and stop it.

Are all internet commies named Joe?

It certainly appears that way.

So tell me how this is an improvement over the previous system, joey?

How ACA is an improvement? Is that what you want to know Koshi?

Yes, tell me specifically how ACA has improved things, as of today.

How is delayed payment a good thing for hospitals who serve medicare patients? How does the fact that the payments are reticent = better care for the elderly and disabled?

Meanwhile...another way things have improved:

"The study, published today in the journal Science, finds that adult Medicaid beneficiaries rely on emergency rooms about 40 percent more than similar uninsured adults.
“When you cover the uninsured, emergency room use goes up by a large magnitude,” said Amy Finkelstein, a health economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who served as a lead investigator on the study, in an MIT press statement accompanying the study.
There were no exceptions to the trend. “In no case were we able to find any subpopulations, or type of conditions, for which Medicaid caused a significant decrease in emergency department use,” said Finkelstein.
We’ve seen real-world evidence that Medicaid increases emergency room utilization before, in states like California. But the Oregon study should settle any lingering debate."

Study: Medicaid patients use emergency room more, not less « Hot Air

Good luck with that.

Dat boy lives in a never never land you and I will never see.:cuckoo:

Good luck with that.

Dat boy lives in a never never land you and I will never see.:cuckoo:

Since you have never ran a masonry contracting business you must know more than I.....

Carry on.

The previous system allowed no pay to hospitals that were losing money to welfare cases. So the for profit hospitals got together with the insurance industry and lobbyed to get the govt. to step in and stop it.

bullshit.

you have no idea what you are talking about. just stop.

Forum List

Back