So, is there proof of INTELLIGENT DESIGN?

This Atheist's conclusion is wrong. The Bible does permit a form of slavery. It is basically an employer and employee relationship. The employer houses and feeds the the slave and cares for the slave. The slave in turn works for the master. After a period of time the slave must decide if he wishes to remain a slave of his master or if he will leave. That is what a bond servant is.

An employer makes a contract and says to his employee, that he will pay X number of dollars an hour, and maybe provide healthcare, and maybe a pension. For this the employee agrees to work hard and do what he is told. In the Bible the words employer and employee do not exist. People back then understood only the Master and Slave. Whomever one worked for was the Master and the one doing the work was the Slave.

An employer / employee is a contract. It is an exchange for payment for receipt of a service. If you have ever held a job before, it’s a pretty simple concept.
An employer / employee is a contract. Is an exchange for payment for receipt of a service.
So was that of a bondsman. The bondsman made a contract to work for the master for a set period of time, in order to gain an agreed upon payment. In some cases it would be learning a trade. In others it was to marry the daughter as in the story of Jacob. At other times it was for some cattle, sheep, or goats. In the EARLY colonial days, many Englishmen worked for a master who paid their ship passage to the New World. And they needed to do this until the money it took to get them there was paid and then some... They call that interest today.

Not to change the subject; however, the original interest paid to "passbook" accounts before the 1970's was 1%. And one could open such an account for $1.00. After one year that person would have $1.01. Sounds so very small; however, the average bank accounts earn .5% today (or less), and one needs to open the account for far more than $1.00 ----- and if the amount falls below the threshold ------- NO INTEREST IS PAID!

Interesting that you used the bondsman term. Do you see an allowance from the gods for slavery?

The absolutely universal / moral laws of the gods can offer some guidance, I suppose. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the gods resolves such a conflict?

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. 45 You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. 46 You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

1*iCTUe4nfeOS0B7IPorJqoA.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a bootstrap shortage,.. I'm tellin' ya!
Spare the rod, spoil the child.

This Atheist's conclusion is wrong. The Bible does permit a form of slavery. It is basically an employer and employee relationship. The employer houses and feeds the the slave and cares for the slave. The slave in turn works for the master. After a period of time the slave must decide if he wishes to remain a slave of his master or if he will leave. That is what a bond servant is.

An employer makes a contract and says to his employee, that he will pay X number of dollars an hour, and maybe provide healthcare, and maybe a pension. For this the employee agrees to work hard and do what he is told. In the Bible the words employer and employee do not exist. People back then understood only the Master and Slave. Whomever one worked for was the Master and the one doing the work was the Slave.

An employer / employee is a contract. It is an exchange for payment for receipt of a service. If you have ever held a job before, it’s a pretty simple concept.
An employer / employee is a contract. Is an exchange for payment for receipt of a service.
So was that of a bondsman. The bondsman made a contract to work for the master for a set period of time, in order to gain an agreed upon payment. In some cases it would be learning a trade. In others it was to marry the daughter as in the story of Jacob. At other times it was for some cattle, sheep, or goats. In the EARLY colonial days, many Englishmen worked for a master who paid their ship passage to the New World. And they needed to do this until the money it took to get them there was paid and then some... They call that interest today.

Not to change the subject; however, the original interest paid to "passbook" accounts before the 1970's was 1%. And one could open such an account for $1.00. After one year that person would have $1.01. Sounds so very small; however, the average bank accounts earn .5% today (or less), and one needs to open the account for far more than $1.00 ----- and if the amount falls below the threshold ------- NO INTEREST IS PAID!

Interesting that you used the bondsman term. Do you see an allowance from the gods for slavery?

The absolutely universal / moral laws of the gods can offer some guidance, I suppose. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the gods resolves such a conflict?

The gods cannot resolve anything, as they are nonentities; however, the LORD certainly can. I would suggest you read the book of RUTH. She converted and was accepted and married another Israelite (Boaz).

You may also wish to consider the following: Kids Feedback: Does the Bible Promote Slavery?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back