So is the GOP now.....

Dead in the water?

If they can not find a way to stem the tide with Latinos and Woman. Yes, they are done as a Party that can win National Elections.

Welcome to the 1 Party Dictatorship. I sure hope I have been wrong, and Dems really do have all the answers, because they are going to be running things for some time to come I am afraid.

Big time, tonight's election was a monumental blow to the right wingers and especially the teabaggers. Mourdock lost, Akin lost, Walsh lost, and West looks like he will lose as well.

I think the Right needs some young blood if Marco rubio here in Florida win i would vote for him.

Dead in the water?

We are just two years removed from a historic electoral shellacking of Obama in the midterms, and Romney either won or nearly won the popular vote.

Yours is wishful thinking.

No sorry, yours is flawed. The Beef of that GOP wave was in the house. Which are local elections. What tonight is showing is the GOP has serious problems winning national Elections at this point.

If nothing changes the WH is going to be a very tough nut for them to crack for a long time.

Dead in the water?

We are just two years removed from a historic electoral shellacking of Obama in the midterms, and Romney either won or nearly won the popular vote.

No sorry, yours is flawed. The Beef of that GOP wave was in the house. Which are local elections. What tonight is showing is the GOP has serious problems winning national Elections at this point.

If nothing changes the WH is going to be a very tough nut for them to crack for a long time.

No, I am pretty sure I am correct in my facts.

Look it up if you want to challenge me, and then come back with the facts.

The GOP only holds the house because they gerrymandered it so effectively after the 2010 redistricting.

That will work for a while. But when you've created a large number of R+4 districts and the electorate finally shifts left past that +4, the whole thing collapses.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock ... here that? It's the countdown clock for the GOP. Oops, another old white guy dead. And thus shrinks their base.

Dead in the water?

I agree, the GOP is stuck until they can bring women and minorities back. However, i think the tide can turn in their favor quickly, politics is fluid and fast moving, and these people dont really want to vote dem anyway;)

I agree, the GOP is stuck until they can bring women and minorities back. However, i think the tide can turn in their favor quickly, politics is fluid and fast moving, and these people dont really want to vote dem anyway;)

The same thing was said in '08. But we will indeed remain hopelessly divided as long as the Left is going to pander to people based on race and now sex.

America can't possibly work unless we are a melting pot.

I think tonight and this election has been a great thing for the GOP in the long run. I think we're seeing in America a trend towards people going towards the middle and being more informed which is going to force the GOP to reform or die. I think in the long run the GOP will kick out the religious elements and start being more tolerant towards alternative lifestyles. Chris Christie is the poster child for this new type of Republican. The only problem is the GOP has been in bed with utterly the most ignorant factions in American life that in order to have a competent reform might not be within the realm of possibilities.

What's interesting is tonight showed that all the GOP's dirty tricks over the last four years accomplished nothing and they're actually going to have to run on substance instead of hype which is going to be difficult for them.

The same thing was said in '08. But we will indeed remain hopelessly divided as long as the Left is going to pander to people based on race and now sex.

I would respond to what you just said, however you also just basically declared a desire to see our country collapse because you didnt get your way. *shrug*
So, i dont really see a point in talking about becoming a melting pot with you:)

I would respond to what you just said, however you also just basically declared a desire to see our country collapse because you didnt get your way. *shrug*
So, i dont really see a point in talking about becoming a melting pot with you:)

You opinion is that Republicans must lay out the litany of things they will 'give' the Cherokee versus the Hispanics, versus the young Negro women versus the gays, just like the Democrats, and that this is the way America will work together once again?

LOL

As long as they can keep voting themselves free shit they will. When the cupboard becomes bare then they will have no one else to turn to but those mean ole Republicans.

The GOP only holds the house because they gerrymandered it so effectively after the 2010 redistricting.

That will work for a while. But when you've created a large number of R+4 districts and the electorate finally shifts left past that +4, the whole thing collapses.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock ... here that? It's the countdown clock for the GOP. Oops, another old white guy dead. And thus shrinks their base.

That ticking you're hearing is the countdown to Greece.

I think tonight and this election has been a great thing for the GOP in the long run. I think we're seeing in America a trend towards people going towards the middle and being more informed which is going to force the GOP to reform or die. I think in the long run the GOP will kick out the religious elements and start being more tolerant towards alternative lifestyles. Chris Christie is the poster child for this new type of Republican. The only problem is the GOP has been in bed with utterly the most ignorant factions in American life that in order to have a competent reform might not be within the realm of possibilities.

What's interesting is tonight showed that all the GOP's dirty tricks over the last four years accomplished nothing and they're actually going to have to run on substance instead of hype which is going to be difficult for them.

The Republicans won a historic 800 plus seat election just 2 years ago.

Shit will really hit the fan with Taxmageddon and the horrible Obamacare, and we will have a repeat of '10 in the midterm of '12.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

As long as they can keep voting themselves free shit they will. When the cupboard becomes bare then they will have no one else to turn to but those mean ole Republicans.

The Republican party can no longer win by continuing to be complicit in enabling it.

May as well let the shit hit the fan. As if they can stop it, anyways!

The Republicans won a historic 800 plus seat election just 2 years ago.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back