So is JOE doing the "SideStep"?? "I guarantee to rid fossil fuels"... then last night... “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade"

NOT my words but the TRUSTEES! For once do a little simple reading....
Payments to be cut 23% after 2034!
No, no, no. I'm pretty sure it's a moving target for the date benefits get reduced. It will be reduced the month after I retire, I'm pretty damn sure anyway.........Just so happens that's about the date I max out on my benefits......Bastards!

Yeah, to may links. Narrow it down a little, make your point that is supported by a link or two.

Are you new?
Well you are definitely NEW to this..
Check out below for the facts...
I don't need to. A metaphor is basically the same as a simile but is a direct comparison.

For example, my fingers are like sausages, is a simile but if I said my fingers are sausages, that is a metaphor.

My wife taught me that.
How do similes and metaphors differ? Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.” Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another. Metaphor is the broader of the two terms—it encompasses a range of comparisons, from sentences to entire works. Simile vs. Metaphor: What’s the Difference?

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 2.52.46 PM.png

Well you are definitely NEW to this..
Check out below for the facts...

How do similes and metaphors differ? Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.” Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another. Metaphor is the broader of the two terms—it encompasses a range of comparisons, from sentences to entire works. Simile vs. Metaphor: What’s the Difference?

View attachment 755134
Yeah. Simile vs metaphor, that is exactly what I said in my own words. Did you not read it?

What part is confusing to you?

No, no, no. I'm pretty sure it's a moving target for the date benefits get reduced. It will be reduced the month after I retire, I'm pretty damn sure anyway.........Just so happens that's about the date I max out on my benefits......Bastards!
Well you may be sure, but the Trustees are the ones that make the decisions. They are the ones that will determine your payments.

Biden said Tuesday night 2/7/23 State of the Union speech..
Biden said oil executives he’d pressed on the issue had told him bluntly: “We’re afraid you’re going to shut down all of the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway so why should we invest in them?
Biden offered his answer Tuesday night. “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade,” he said, quickly adding, “and beyond that,” after boos from some lawmaker

Yet when running for president in 2019 Biden guarantees this will happen!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

So Joe are you doing what this governor in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"..dancing the Sidestep?

The Governor : [singing] Ooh, I love to dance the little sidestep / Now they see me, now they don't / I've come and gone / And ooh, I love to sweep around a wide step / Cut a little swath / And lead the people on!

You can't believe a word that lying sonofabitch says.

One of the great scenes dealing with politicians. Charles Durning was a great character actor. And he also was great in an early NCIS TV episode.
Oh for sure. And that is why Biden, and all but 5 other presidents were politicians first.
Make guarantees as Biden did then totally 180 degree... changes.
5 presidents had never been elected to public office before becoming president: Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, Herbert Hoover, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Donald Trump.
And that's why people like me think Trump was a true Executive Officer for the USA... and when the MSM were so against him as the attached shows, that convinced me even more that Trump was interested in getting things done to hell with political correctness.
MSMdonations.png

Last edited:
Well you may be sure, but the Trustees are the ones that make the decisions. They are the ones that will determine your payments.
Yep, use to be 2040, the it was 2037, now it's down to 2034. But as fate will have it, it will become insolvent as soon as I retire.......

Yep, use to be 2040, the it was 2037, now it's down to 2034. But as fate will have it, it will become insolvent as soon as I retire.......
And guess why my (I get SS!) is 8.5% MORE this year than last year?
Cost of Living Adjustment is based on INFLATION!
AND guess why we have inflation?
Gas/diesel prices over 50% more than we've had to pay and the reason why gas/diesel prices have gone up?
Dumb ass comments that gave the fossil fuel industry excuse to RAISE prices. With gas/diesel fuel used by all of us and we pay more
indirectly to suppliers that has added to inflation.
And guess how much that has added to the federal government expenditures?
Social Security COLA Estimate Set at 8.6% for 2023 as Inflation Rises in May 2022.
Biden's "guarantee to rid fossil fuels" costs the federal government MORE than $114,987,504,000 for 2023 in Social Security payments due to adding to inflation rates. Again up 8.6% for 2023 as Inflation Rises in May 2022 due to inflation due to in part Biden's guarantee.

Gas/diesel prices over 50% more than we've had to pay and the reason why gas/diesel prices have gone up?
Dumb ass comments that gave the fossil fuel industry excuse to RAISE prices.
So the Oil industries CEO have been price gouging the entire country for two fucking years. Huh, and to think all those analysts who said it was the covid bubble when the OPEC+ Nation cut production and tightened the oil market after the bottom dropped out of the oil market, there were wrong and some partisan hack on the internet is right. Wrong.

Yeah. Simile vs metaphor, that is exactly what I said in my own words. Did you not read it?

What part is confusing to you?
What is confusing about this statement by experts...not amateurs?

How do similes and metaphors differ?
  • Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.”
  • Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another.
As is wont with neophytes like you that are subjective and based on personal experiences ONLY.
YOU DID NOT SAY EXACTLY that!

YOU said.." A metaphor is basically the same as a simile "
Now the above is very specific illustration as I provided the link is specific states: "similes and metaphors DIFFER!
They are different not as you personally and subjective said "basically the same"! YOU are so wrong!

Having been on this forum for 12 years longer than you... I'm not going to try to improve your obvious lack of awareness of differences but
I'm pointing out that age old adage...'The devil is in the details' ...often attributed to the German/American architect Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe.
https://hungrytally.medium.com/quote-dissection-the-devil-is-in-the-details-2714bb9576c5#:~:text=“The%20source%20of%20the%20proverb,Ludwig%20Mies%20Van%20Der%20Rohe.

See unlike YOU, I provide readers links to what I quote as I don't assume I know everything as neophytes like you exhibit.

What is confusing about this statement by experts...not amateurs?

• Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.”
  • Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another.
As is wont with neophytes like you that are subjective and based on personal experiences ONLY.
YOU DID NOT SAY EXACTLY that!

YOU said.." A metaphor is basically the same as a simile "
Now the above is very specific illustration as I provided the link is specific states: "similes and metaphors DIFFER!
They are different not as you personally and subjective said "basically the same"! YOU are so wrong!

Having been on this forum for 12 years longer than you... I'm not going to try to improve your obvious lack of awareness of differences but
I'm pointing out that age old adage...'The devil is in the details' ...often attributed to the German/American architect Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe.
https://hungrytally.medium.com/quote-dissection-the-devil-is-in-the-details-2714bb9576c5#:~:text=“The%20source%20of%20the%20proverb,Ludwig%20Mies%20Van%20Der%20Rohe.

See unlike YOU, I provide readers links to what I quote as I don't assume I know everything as neophytes like you exhibit.
Did you see the example in my post?

"For example, my fingers are like sausages, is a simile but if I said my fingers are sausages, that is a metaphor."

Is that not the distinction you yourself used?

Similes and metaphors are the same, they are comparisons, except that metaphors are a direct comparison...just like in my example above.

Are you still confused?

Did you see the example in my post?

"For example, my fingers are like sausages, is a simile but if I said my fingers are sausages, that is a metaphor."

Is that not the distinction you yourself used?

Similes and metaphors are the same, they are comparisons, except that metaphors are a direct comparison...just like in my example above.

Are you still confused?
But you are inaccurate. You said they are the same. Experts not you say they are not!
Why would the below experts clearly show "metaphor VS simile"!
That means they ARE different!
www.grammarly.com

Simile vs. Metaphor: What’s the Difference?

Yep. Just like I said. Thanks.
Wow! I am now confident that ACCORDING to you... the Sky appears blue at night and black during the day.
That Black is white and white is black. Right is wrong and wrong is right. Obviously you disagree with these experts..
Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.”
Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another
But you think they are exactly the same. Reality is contrary to your subjective opinion .. Similes are indirect ...metaphors are direct comparisons.
Big difference! Perfect example:
Simile: Most readers think you are acting like a idiot.
Metaphor: Most readers think you are an idiot!

Wow! I am now confident that ACCORDING to you... the Sky appears blue at night and black during the day.
That Black is white and white is black. Right is wrong and wrong is right. Obviously you disagree with these experts..
Similes are indirect comparisons that use the word “like” or “as.”
Metaphors are direct comparisons that state one thing is another
But you think they are exactly the same. Reality is contrary to your subjective opinion .. Similes are indirect ...metaphors are direct comparisons.
Big difference! Perfect example:
Simile: Most readers think you are acting like a idiot.
Metaphor: Most readers think you are an idiot!
Exactly what I was thinking.

I mean really. If a direct comparison isn't like an indirect comparison then to not have a non indirect comparison is similar but different to a comparison that was negated by the non comparison.

You have really clarified things me. Thanks.

Forum List

Back