So if the GOP takes control of the house, what happens to the January 6th committee?

Listen,Ensign. It’s simple enough. Even for a lummox like you. Go look at the words you posted in say — oh, I don’t know — maybe post #165.
1830DFFD-4BF6-4EB6-A017-D52906B64140.jpeg

If the Dems are smart, they'll seize all necessary evidence in the next couple of months, finish investigating, publish findings, and issue their referrals to DoJ, long, long before the new Congress gets sworn-in, in January 2023.
You liberals are forgetting Trump's conversations are protected by executive privilege.

You liberals are forgetting Trump's conversations are protected by executive privilege.
No they aren't. They might have been while was in office, but now it President Biden's call, and he has said multiple times that they are not.

Will the dems make a quick decision and convict Trump for whatever
And dissolve the committee so republicans can't "pollute" their kangaroo court

Will the GOP coop it, and turn it to their way of things. Which is what I would like to see. Uncover these undercover trouble makers and their chain of command. File charges against Michael Bird.

Or will it just go away.
It will be adjourned by then. Besides the fact that it's almost a year away, the last thing the Democrats would want is to drag this thing all the way through the election season, when many of the committee members are running for re-election themselves.

Not if the sitting President chooses NOT to grant the non-binding tradition of 'executive privilege' to such materials.

Furthermore, materials otherwise protected by 'executive privilege' which pertain to an attempted overthrow of the US Government are NOT thus protected.

------

By the way... I'm NOT a Liberal... nor a Lib-Prog... I'm an Independent... mostly a pick-and-choose (Cafeteria) Centrist... holding several Right-leaning opinions.

You confuse standing against your Orange Baboon-God with Leftism... nothing could be further from Reality... it's one of your (Rumpian) collective blind-spots.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back